Are there any guides for getting into soccer...

Are there any guides for getting into soccer ? I don't have a team and I don't know which league I should be watching or anything.

Any good podcast that will help me learn about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FZ4i3KX2CW4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_football_champions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forums is good enough

Anyways, check MLS teams to see if there's any near you

Bandwagon European teams that had murrican players (Everton, Tottenham, Aston Villa, etc)

ARSENAL *wink*

Watching football live is the best thing you can do. Find out if you have an MLS, USL or NASL team nearby and turn up. In the meantime read up on the current states of the top European leagues (England, Spain, Germany, Italy) and the cup tournaments, and watch crucial games and derbys.

>guides
>podcast
What's next, song sheets?

OP said soccer

1) don't

you can read When Saturday Comes
and watch Champions League

Pick an English team with a uniform and/or players that are to your liking and try to watch its games.

watch the english premier league (best league by far) and watch the odd champions league game with a good PL team when they come up against one of the handful of european teams who are ok

browse Sup Forums and the guardians football section is good enough to keep in touch with it, telegraph is fine too but they have paywall stuff

its easy enough to pick up, use wikipedia if you really have to

1. cut off your testicles

2. bathe in the faggotry

congrats your now a soccer fan

OP doesn't know which teams are decent. He will probably do what most causal soccer fans did starting out: fall in love with Barcelona, realize they're an evil empire, support an edgy team like Beşiktaş JK or Mönchegladbach, finally decide on a middle of the table English team out of convenience, live a life of misery cuz the big four will always dominate, and enjoy one Carling Cup win in his lifetime

There are some videos on football from this channel
youtube.com/watch?v=FZ4i3KX2CW4

>english premier league (best league by far)

>holland chatting shit
>never won a WC
>0 relevant club sides

haha ok

It;s hard here in the US though because there are only a few teams that regularly end up on TV so everyone goes with them. That's why everyone likes Manchester U, Arsenal or Liverpool.

keep deluding yourself nigel

again: watch Champions League
you'll learn about some really intriguing European teams

this, start watching CL and everything else will fall in place

my first exposure to soccer was in ~05
back when Eto'o, Henry, and Ronaldinho were in Barcelona
it was hard not to like them =(
but then I just followed Eto'o for awhile and eventually found my own team

the football ramble and guardian football weekly are the only podcasts I know but they're good

forgot about this
there are a few for different leagues

I started with Mexican League because of the parity. I still haven't moved to other one's. Just can't handle the bullshit over in Europe with only a handful of teams realistically having a shot at anything.

so you can handle the fixed matches and the big two (monterrey teams are a fluke, admit it) but Asian / Arab money scares you?

have this but for mexican and english league?

No me jodas chileno de mierda que recién te has hecho del Arsenal por aalexis. Maldito negro

I'll just dump the ones I've found for all leagues

>best league by far
>another brainwashed cuck

I don't think this semen slurping sport is for you

>watch the english premier league (best league by far)

>no liga mx flowchart
o-okay ;_;

I couldn't find one but there might be one in Spanish
Mexican facebbok users make funny memes, man, I just don't know enough spanish to find a flowchart

don't know any either, just wanted to show my friends ...sucks not knowing spanish

well I know enough to get by at work; I'm an RN
but I can't talk about sports in Spanish lol

getting my associates in medical assisting....hope that doesn't screw me applying for a job in san diego (beaner capital)

no you'll get a job, but you have to learn Spanish pretty quick
sounds stupid but I learned Spanish by using google translate; and asking bilingual people for how to say certain sentences
you're gonna make it brah

thanks man!
only stuff i learned is slang from hanging around friends

well RNs are required, for example, to be able to answer questions about what a drug is for and provide education about said drug
it's a federal requirement
so I didn't have a choice
that and you can't really troubleshoot what's going on if you can't talk to a patient......even th foreign doctors I work with can speak enough Spanish to get by

trying to get stuck in mostly medical coding and billing...if necessary can help in the front

I'd hate to do a desk job
and interpret the idiocy of ER unit clerks / the secretaries from registration
I've seen "End Stemi" as a diagnosis on multiple occasions

t. amerifat who will never know what it's like to have sex

Yeah. There is a whole board for it.
>>/lgbt/

west ham, AC milan, Napoli, A.madrid/real madrid, Dortmund are the only viable non-gay choice

delete this fucking post

Es sarcasmo, chicano de mierda.

>best thing you can do
I gotta be honest buddy, the MLS game I went to was absolute shit compared to the NFL and NHL games I've seen. Admittedly, it's the MLS, but for a professional sporting event, it was garbage.

>milan
>not cancer

The spanish league has the best teams in the world
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Atletico Madrid
Sevilla

The Spanish league has excellent teams outside the top4
Villarreal
R.Sociedad
Celta
Eibar
Athletic bilbao
Las Palmas
>Valencia

The spanish league has the best players in the world
Ronaldo
Messi
Griezman
Neymar Jr
Bale
Suarez
Iniesta
Kroos
Marcelo
Ramos

English teams are uncompetitive with respect to the Spanish teams
, They need to sign Spanish players and spanish coaches to be able to counteract without success

H I P S T E R

you have to go to like 5 in a row to appreciate it, unfortunately
and somehow filter out the cringe-fests
American soccer fans are fucking embarrassing, from their 'we stand against racism' shirts (and subsequent oppression of minority supporters groups) to the roaming groups of Arabs / Indians wearing matching Liverpool jackets

>AC milan
>athletico
>real madrid
>dortmund
really nigga?

>milan
>not bro-tier fans
juventuchus spotted

>pep guardiola is the most succesful coach in the history of the spanish league
>comes to england, goes to the richest team and gets exposed hard
makes me ponder

tumblr teams
Besiktas, Manchester City, Tranmere, Rayados, Sacramento Republic, St Pauli

Yea. I'll be honest and say that the MLS game I went to was back in 2014 and it was Portland against Sporting KC at Kansas City. I did like the Portland fans that went, generally nice people, but when the game ended 0-0, it felt unfulfilling. I also hate every SPKC fan because they don't know shit about the sport

they're good fans though, man
they root for their team in a standing only stadium through thick and thin, even if they're still learning the sport

I hate Dallas FC fans cuz they have a good team and won't support their team....give the team to the valley, san antonio, or west Texas, who will fill up the stadium in every game regardless of the shit performance on the field

napoli, atletico and dortmund have by far the most hipster fanbase that are so insecure about bandwagoning. Add arsenal , tottenham and monaco to those shitty clubs too

They weren't good fans though. They started chanting "Break his leg" anytime Nagbe got the ball

Go find a park with Mexicans playing and watch their games. It's essentially murderball and infinitely more entertaining than the EPL

you should support MLS/USL, you ass

whats the one to the right of Dortmund?

>Dat parity in the last 10 years

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_football_champions

Don't make me post the list of Premier champions or La Liga. It's like 4 teams in the premier over the last 10. I'd imagine even less for Bundesliga and La Liga.

Pep guardiola without messi ,iniesta ,xavi ,puyol etc.. is shit ,vox populi in spain from 10 years ago.
england in slowpoke mode

monchengladbach

FMF has TWO FUCKING SEASONS EVERY YEAR

It's fashionable in America to pick up an EPL team that you support. I went for Liverpool after more or less choosing based on which international friend smoked the most weed. I love it.

They're a big team that hasn't won the league in a while, so good players are motivated to stay. And they have the beautiful, witty, German football machine of Klopp as manager. Watch one interview and you might be in love.