It's been 20 years since this album has been released

it's been 20 years since this album has been released.

has it aged well?

btw i'm drunk :)

>it's been 20 years since this album has been released.
nigga they released it again today

It still sounds really relevant and timely. It could easily be released today and still get the acclaim it got then.

It was released in Japan on the 21st of May, 1997 and in the UK on the 16th of June.

i'm listening to it now and i'm crying because i'm a failure of a human being

lmao

i just can't get over what it must have felt like to hear airbag for the first time after hearing the previous two albums

people probably lost their shit.

i want to know what people thought when they heard 'everything in its right place' for the first time

Like fine wine, wich it is.
The new version sounds really well, lots of new things to discover but No Surprises bass its louder than the drums and its a boomer like that :/

I forgot to say that this new version is far more close to the vinyl sound than the 1997 CD.

THE STRESS AND THE TENSION

Kid A was like nothing I had ever heard before. Opened the door to so much new music for me, new genres to explore, etc.

first time i heard it it kinda liked it but i dont think is as good an album as so many people belive.. also most of the songs are just so overplayed that it ruins them for me now.. in certain days i still enjoy Paranoid Android (reminds me of Ergo Proxy) and Let Down

worst radiohead album

King of limbs rerelease when?

I used to love this album. Decided to listen to it again because of the remaster. Stopped at Let Down. This album is boring. What the fuck happen to me?

You realized that Radiohead did the right thing by ditching boring alt-rock.

DUDE MACINTOSH COMPUTER VOICE LMAO

I started wondering this after listening to the live recording of Paranoid Android taken from the tour where they supported Alanis Morrisette.

Man, must have been mental to hear something like Paranoid Android for the first time, especially because of the super nifty outro that got cut from the final recording.

Like, now it sounds like one cohesive, albeit moving, piece but before, like, in the case of the prototypical track, it just kinda stumbles from section to section, which makes it sound way more chaotic and organic.

The album wasn't as good as you remember?

idk, I didn't listen to it til after I started listening to King Crimson and Swans and it just seemed a bit tame by comparison.

I mean, there are cool ideas but the reverb drenched tone they strike for can't carry the entire album, it was a novel idea, especially at the time but it needs to be broken up by something that isn't simple-ish, slow ballads (i.e. Exit Music).

Shoulda put Man of War on it, desu.

It's an album that I find a little inconsistent since some very good songs are accompanied by some less impressive, skippable tracks (...Exit Music). However when I listen to it from start to finish, it's still a very fun experience (with a tinge of nostalgia). I'm quite impressed how a small bell at the small of The Tourist can enhance the experience. And speaking of this bell, the album is full of other little details that make re-listening to the album very rewarding.

It's aged better every year imo. Were getting closer and closer to the point that Radiohead was trying to make every year. I've found as I've gotten older I've found the lyrics more and more repeatable and honestly realistic to the average person.

Unironically my favorite album of all time, felt fresh when I first heard it in 2009 and still feels just as fresh today. I wish I could have been old enough to hear it and appreciate it in 1997 but unfortunately I was only 2 when it came out.
I legitimately don't think I will ever tire of this album. It captures so many moods so perfectly, and covers many lyrical topics while always staying true to the central theme. The closest thing to a perfect thing to a perfect album I have ever heard

(I'm also drunk btw)

oh god Let Down just made me sob like a fucking baby, I guess I really needed that.

Quite possibly the most gorgeous, heartbreaking song I have ever heard. Nothing else even comes close

>btw i'm drunk
brain dead motherfuckers drinking that poison. you fucking sheep.

this was released on the day i was born

>mfw "i am born agaaaaaain"

>btw i'm drunk :)
Kys desu senpai

pathetic virgins

This made me tear up a little

The only real complaint I have with the remaster is moving the beeps back to the end of Airbag, rather than at the beginning of Android.
I will fully admit that the ding at the end of Tourist, and by proxy the end of the album, makes my smile like a fucking retard. Really interesting touch they put on the album, glad to hear they didn't take it away on the remaster.

but the beeps were always at the end of airbag

On the Collector's Edition, as well as the first XL rerelease, the beeps were at the beginning of Android, which I like a bit more