Does Weed improve Creativity/Songwriting...

Does Weed improve Creativity/Songwriting? If my music sounds like shit when sober will I make good shit if I get spaceballs high?

yes and don't let anyone tell u otherwise smoke more than anyone else has in history

i think you gotta have some talent/a direction before you just smoke up and hit the boards

I have good song ideas but dunno how to translate it to FL studio because everything sounds like artificial EDM/amateur beat shite in that program.

Here's the thing:

weed is like an effect pedal. it can give your tone a different color or texture, but it wont change the way you play.

eg. lennon/mccartney or jagger/richards would have been successful with or without weed.

it helps with abstract thinking but not productivity. id say that you still need to practice sober as well as high in order to get a grasp of songwriting but drugs can give you a pretty neat perspective that you wouldnt have otherwise

It'll help you mind work a little differently, which can help with composition and general creative vision, but I wouldn't use it for recording or performing. For anything of quality, you're gonna want to have your wits about you. If you're fucking baked in the studio even your shit takes will sound great

It's a known fact that grass increases creativity from 8 to 11 times

Dont do it user. play it live with real instruments. not that electronic music is lesser but it's so hard to make it actually sound good it's more worth it to learn a single instrument

What this guy said. But you can formulate some really neat ideas when you're high, just make sure you can accurately remember or transcribe them.

I've found that I have amazing ideas stoned but not the willpower/memory to record them on my 8 track. By the time I work out the melody on guitar I forget the baseline and vocals, keys, rhythm, etc

ITT

>I'm a faggot who can't buy drugs because I'm a huge pussy

you sound underage

>I don't get brainwashed by water bottles fucking liberals I get brainwashed by propaganda posters

LSD*

this picture will never fail to puzzle me

I'm not a musician or anything like that but I do some writing and performance work. I find that weed can be very hit or miss as far as creativity goes. Some of my absolute best sketches I wrote in bed after smoking a bowl and having a sort of surge of inspiration. But I still had to get up the next day and polish them because I didn't have the discipline or really the judgement to determine what was good and what wasn't while I was high. Along the same lines I've written stuff while high that I thought was hilarious and then it turned out to be nonsensical garbage.

Basically, if you're not creative sober weed isn't going to magically give you that creativity. In that case you have to work at and be disciplined, and weed will definitely not help with that.

unless you're making hip-hop, probably not

When I'm sober, I write about 3 songs in a day and finish at least one. When I'm high, I fuck around with the knobs on my synth for 4 hours then take a nap. It's really up to who you are.

make music, listen to music, watch music videos, read, and walk around and experience shit without attempting to extort meaning out of it. Weed and really any drug will help because they help you step out of yourself a little bit, I can definitely say my output increases when i'm wrecked. However, I didn't start writing things I was actually proud of until I started experiencing life for it's own sake rather than for the sake of transforming it into art. True inspiration has to come from a source, and that source can never be your desire for inspiration. Absorb as much as you can and experience as much as you can. Question the way you look at shit and go to places you wouldn't normally go. Good luck and godspeed user, one day you'll create something beautiful.

nah, youll just get stuck making some garbage for hours, then wake up the next day like wtf this is trash lol.

>Someone was this mad to draw this up
Lol

Sam Hyde is so fucking gay bro

No but it's helpful.
>inb4 but the Beatles
McCartney wrote I'll follow the sun before he ever touched pot.

Only if you're really good at the technical stuff, which will get a lot harder when stoned.

most correct statement right here

Well all weed does is shoot your brain pathways off in different directions ADHD style, so yes it definitely helps with creativity. I've played some genius shit for 10 mins straight out of nowhere while high. Only problem is that I'm high so I can never remember what I did 2 chords ago and it would be so much material to weed through sober, that no work gets done. Still, it helps you see through the facade that music "has to be a certain way" and jam freely, which is huge with boosting your creative songwriting ability

these words have stuck with me

nice work user