>gets punched by a guy who's just a little stronger than a regular strong guy
>"AAAAHH WAR MACHINE HELP!!"

What the fuck happened?
Why is Marvel so inconsistent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3o2ACEr9NmQ?t=76
youtu.be/1MsRNauv7rM?t=172
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tony was holding back, both their friends were called James etc.

Didn't he dodge the shell in first IM?

>A little bit stronger
>stops a helicopter taking off
>has a shield made of vibranium, a fictional stupidly powerful metal

Why is Sup Forums so autistic?

He got hit in the face with one while flying

it was obviously a flak shell, tanks don't shoot air targets.

He was unstable.

The force required to stop a small chopper from taking off is insignificant compared to the sheer kinetic energy released from a 120mm tank shell hitting you at high velocity, plus the fall from at least 2000 feet.
Iron Man's suit is essentially knock-out-proof.
Cap never stood a chance in any universe with a bit of consistency.

now go watch Iron Man 3 after the Avengers

falling 2000 feet, suit or not, would kill you.

maybe the suit he keeps in his helicopter isnt as powerful as his main one?

That's my point. Tony just gets up, without a scratch, without a broken rib, unscathed.
That suit is virtually indestructible or at the very least invulnerable to kinetic energy and g-force.
Cap can only punch hard, kick hard and throw a shield.

But why?

You think that's bad? In the comics, Galactus gets his ass beat by a girl who walks through walls.

that is literally the first sequence of damage the real iron man takes in the entire marvel cinematic universe
I'm willing to forgive marvel for not balancing their cinematic universe laws of physics before they knew it existed

>reading superhero comic books
I'd rather waste my time reading moeshit
serious

I'd hardly call it damage, given the suit was only scratched by a shrapnels. Not sure what kind of tank was that, but it looked like a British Chieftain or a Challenger.

>vision takes a shot to disable falcon's jet pack
>misses
>blows a 1 foot crater into war machine's chest

what the fuck was joss thinking? that wouldn't have disabled falcon's jetpack, it would have vaporized his upper torso.

>a girl who walks through walls.

That's a pretty badass power when everything that gets shot at you just passes right through you. Not hard to believe she can hold her own in a fight.

Doctor Door an skilled magician, a brilliant scientist and formidable fighter, was defeated by a teenager that talks to squirrels

Civil War is so inconsistent it almost made all the action sequences unenjoyable.

I think you mean what was Russo thinking?

Yeah it really doesn't make sense that Cap can hurt Iron-Man with his punches. Shield? Yes, because it's made of vibranium. He's strong but if you're not at least bullet-proof strong, you won't do anything to a guy in a metal suit.

>The Avengers
>Tony stands up to Thor with ease

>Civil War
>Tony can't beat Steve "AAAAAHHH TONY HELP" Rogers

To be fair, any and all damage was generally caused by the shield as Cap and Bucky passed it around, and their punches seemed to be doing fuck all to him but moving him about. Which is still admittedly impressive, but his suit is already pretty damaged by then, and his newer ones seem more lightweight.

War Machine and Visions tried dropping a tower on Captain America and his friend in Civil War. Were they ok with killing both of them or did they expect them to somehow survive that?

You'd think a fucking super computer with a power source that literally defies logic/physics can muster up a projectile that only stuns/isn't lethal. But of course he somehow couldn't fucking calculate the force needed to disable HUMANS wearing metal suits/backpacks and instead fires off a ridiculously strong attack that can completely wreck an Ironman suit just by grazing it.

Honestly, it felt like Tony was really pulling his punches that entire fight. He was made but probably felt mostly angry and betrayed that Steve chose to protect Bucky over telling him the truth. There were plenty of times he could have just ended it. I still think the fight was bullshit but if he was TRULY mad, he wouldn't have let a disabled suit stop him. He would have crawled after them if he had bloodlust inside of him. In the end, he just looked so defeated and lost because he was probably conflicted in what he felt like he owed his parents and his moral objections about outright murdering a man who wasn't in his right mind.

Marvel movies aren't realistic. They're fun. Brainless. They're full of plot holes and similar.

For example, a tank couldn't shoot an air born target out the air like that. And it was clearly the tank because that's what the movie focused on.

Cap. America could never stop a helicopter like that. Even if his arm didn't rip out his shoulder socket, the strut would've been pulled off.

Iron Man's plot armor varies drastically like you said. Impervious to bullets but Cap. America harms him with punches. Laughable.

>expecting any kind of logic or internal consistency from capeshit for children

Yeah, they're fun and plotholes should be forgiven because it is still capshit. DCU movies should be given the same leeway though. Like the BvS fight, even though he's in a tough ass suit, he should not be able to withstand the concussive damage from Superman literally pushing and tossing him into buildings. He is just human and Superman should have known better when he wasn't out to kill him. I mean that push literally knocked him dozens of meters away through a wall/roof and chipped off a piece of his helmet, anything that can physically damage/break pieces of the suit would cause so much blunt force damage to the body underneath. It was still fun rooting for the underdog and seeing a human literally throw a god around like a ragdoll when he was gased up though.

i think they expected them to stop in their tracks, and not just keep going.

It wasn't as bad TDKReturns where Superman pummels Batman through several solid steal beams in a construction site. The force needed to do that is unthinkably immense.

At least in BvS Superman makes it very obvious he is barely using force.

When you think about Tony was given all the handicaps in that fight, and it was still kinda bullshit.

He wasn't thinking straight at all, he was in an enclosed space so he couldn't even take to the skies and just blast Bucky, and he wasn't going all out against Steve and he still would have won if not for the Bucky distraction.

Also
>mfw soviet robot arm technology is more advanced and stronger than Iron Man's gauntlet armor

Vision's super computer AI was too slow to calculate that simply blowing up the jet would be a far better method of denying them escape rather than trying to block their path. Vision literally took 90% of that fight offscreen probably thinking up ways to fail to be effective in a way that his teammates would not notice, he didn't account for the audience who has a higher IQ than capeshit characters though.

Yeah in the comic/cartoon they made the fight really over the top for a man literally in a DC equivalent of a less advanced Ironman suit. It had power but to withstand those blows is unthinkable.

Well a robo arm doesn't have to fit a fleshy meat tube inside it

>Vision's super computer AI was too slow to calculate that simply blowing up the jet would be a far better method of denying them escape rather than trying to block their path.
They joked about this in the HISHE video.

In case he has to get into a civil war with his buddies.

>War Machine and Visions tried dropping a tower on Captain America
He didn't. It was dropping in front of them but Scarlet was holding it up enough for Cap and Bucky to run underneath the falling rubble.

Rewatch it again. No one was trying to murder any one in that sequence.

The explanation there is the Arc Reactor serves as a cushion.

Achtually, the Iron Suit has some kind of energy dispersion system so any damage delivered by a kinetic impact isn't that harmful to Tony's body.

good point

A built in vibranium properties emulator? Nice...

seems people dont know how flak shells work

how do they work senpai

youtu.be/3o2ACEr9NmQ?t=76

youtu.be/1MsRNauv7rM?t=172

>tfw we will never hear that cool modulated iron man voice again

damnit RDJ

sorry for got to to link you

That makes zero sense. His body still accelerates from 100+ mph to 0 in the space of a few inches. How does that not kill him?

doctor bong

How is Cap's super steroid supposed to make sense? How is Hulk's gamma radiation exposure supposed to turn him into a green monster instead of outright kill him? How is Thor supposed to make sense?
This is capeshit, and Iron Man is the least unrealistic of all.

bong

because bullshit super-science man.

Man, the mark 7 is fucking sexy.

Also in CW Tony wacks Cap right in the face with his hand and Cap didn't even have a mark on him. It's was stupid.

It doesnt really work that way. He turns into a giant green monster because it is said so, but nowhere it is said that stopping from 100 to 0 wont do damage to him. Same with superheroes saving falling people at the last second, they would still die since theyre getting stopped by 2 arms instead of the ground.

The mark VII was the last good Iron Suit.

Close, but no.

>tanks don't shoot air targets.

They will if they're low enough. LAHAT can be fired from a tank, and using direct attack can engage helicopters that are hovering low up to 8km.

The Russians have something called Refleks which also can engage low hovering aircraft with a tank as well.

>Superman pummels Batman through several solid steal beams in a construction site
this doesn't happen,
it's the other way around

bruce only ever gets taps from clark and even then he gets close to being completely btfo

it's about internal consistency logic

Isn't that just a background suit from IM3? If you really want to count those, then we have up to 33 still being good.

Was it really a tank shell? I mean, machine guns made holes in his armor in the same movie.

That guy how's a little strong than a guy can lift cars and stop a helicopter with roughly 4 tons of power from taking off, I think it's a little more than "a little". He has the same strength as Iron-man with his armor and I think Iron-man, warmachine actually, hurt himself by punching in IM2

Iron Man is in the 50-100 tons league.
Cap at his peak is in the 5 tons league.

>Iron Man is in the 50-100 tons league.
I the movies? not even close, the most impresive feat of strength he made was lifting a car, like Cap. Comicwise, yes, he's in that area and that's why Cap had to use a special one time only EMP to nerf Tony in Civil War comic.

i would have so much easier and more interesting to go the ultimate route and have a guy who isn't limited in other areas like normal humans are ie he needs way to sleep so much less, his metabolism is different, he heals faster, his brain takes information faster

the running scene from winter soldier is okay, but since then they just went STRONG. GUY. whereas there could have been an actual exploration of an artificially created superior human

the lazyness of Marvel knows no bounds

>the most impresive feat of strength he made was lifting a car, like Cap

In the first Iron Man movie. He's had bigger shows of strength in later films, namely with the Avengers and getting the giant turbine spinning up again and going toe to toe with Thor.

So he can keep it in his helicopter

Yeah I was referring to the comics. The only movie suit that's in the 50-100 tons is the Hulkbuster probably.

fuck the fuck off

you just fucking HAD to

t.

Her real power is that the writers like her, and she knows it. She just really likes squirrels. She is a furry with Dr. Manhattan's powers.

Why are people still replying to stale as fuck copypasta?

when is this board not replying to copypasta and taking it totally seriously

What did you mean by this?

t. cuck

If I haven't seen it, it's new to me.

Iron Man of Murder.

Marvel movies are dogshit. Who knew?

>Tony was pulling his punches

The action reason...no one involved in the production of the film cared. It was a mindless summer flick

capeshit universes aren't exactly known for their consistency.

That clunky suit with the whirring servos for movement and modulated voice is probably the thing I loved most in Iron Man and sold me on it.

Every movie since then steps a little away from that and it kinda sucks. The pop up faceplates were cool, the totally disappearing helmets, not.

For the money he makes and the what, few days a year he has to be in the suit, just suck it up Downey.

Why doesn't tony just use his hand guns separately? Steven shield can't block his face and leg at the same time