"Will anyone remember U2 in 20 years, I doubt it. And the Spice Girls? I doubt it." - George Harrison, 1997

>"Will anyone remember U2 in 20 years, I doubt it. And the Spice Girls? I doubt it." - George Harrison, 1997

Was he right?

And before you idiots claim this is fake:
mtv.com/news/1059/news-flash-george-harrison-on-oasis-theyre-no-beatles/

Other urls found in this thread:

warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MTV isn't credible, especially when supposedly quoting what a dead man who can't sue them may have said.

The article was from 1997 you idiot. Years before he died.

Literally who

>Harrison flat out called the music being created by the Gallagher brothers "not very interesting,"
what a fucking irony

Uh and how exactly did MTV.com publish that article in 1997 idiot?

Also if it wasn't for their itunes rape and somehow getting on a track with Kendrick no one would remember U2

The Spice Girls at least have one enduring hit people know in "Wannabe"

Thing is, unlike the beatles, who still get new fans, U2 and spice girls' fans are stuck in their time. Aka, someone born in 1997 isnt going to give a shit about the spice girls today. Someone who was 10 or 11 at the time might remember them fondly, and people who grew up with U2 might remember them.

But they arent that memorable of a band, and kind of annoying, Spice girls have a few hits, tried to do the whole personality cult that The Beatles successfully pulled off, etc.

But even I, someone who was around that age in 1997 almost forgot about them if they werent mentioned from time to time.

The world would be better if they were forgotten.

George would have been better off saying that desu. "Will anyone care about U2 and the spice girls in 20 years? I doubt it."

The internet existed in 1997 stupid

im sorry mr. internet man, guess the internet didn't exist in 1997 then

all those groups shit on George Harrison's solo music. only drug addicts like George Harrison solo music

using the internet, dingus dipshit.
Just because you were born in 2000 or 2003 doesn't mean the internet didn't exist before then you little faggot.
I have friends who were using the internet back in 1992, 1993. When I was still a little kid.

fun fact: here's a site from 1996:
warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

This was considered a professionally made site back in the day.

>he thinks All Things Must Pass is bad

>he thinks All Things Must Pass is good

>only drug addicts like George Harrison solo music

There are pleb addicts and patrician addicts; but only ever pleb Sup Forums tourists.

Its not ironic you stupid dingus its completely expected from the man who MADE the music oasis is trying to rip off. Ofc he would think its "uninteresting" thats just a polite way of saying he completely sees through the plagarismo campain the gallaghers are attempting.

Well he's wrong but he's still far better than both

Listen to Beware of Abkco!
Then you might understand.

I don't even know who the spice girls are so mostly yes

Oasis were always more Status Quo than Beatles sonically tbqh

Oasis' entire career is based off Revolver