How do you get better at playing guitar?

How do you get better at playing guitar?

I've been playing for 5 months and still struggle with barre chords. I'd like to play at a bar eventually

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s08lqZdWnv2w
youtube.com/watch?v=A0yr-uNLN2U
youtube.com/watch?v=8mCGi0YvL5I
sixstringobsession.blogspot.nl/2014/09/barre-chords-what-am-i-doing-wrong.html?m=1
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/87/25/5f/87255f293925d1b40ceba6fdb03bac82.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP here. vocaroo.com/i/s08lqZdWnv2w

How bad is this actually? Just a riff from a song

Play more.

Practice retard. There's no special technique for playing barre chords, you just get better overtime.

Listen to a shit ton of jazz, or else u will go to hell with the rest of the fags. Also pic related

Do you even tempo fag.

>5 months and still struggle with barre chords
just practice alot, although I used to be friends with this guy that was really good at lead work but couldnt play barre chords for shit. You probably wont master every technique

youtube.com/watch?v=A0yr-uNLN2U

Learn to play this.

youtube.com/watch?v=8mCGi0YvL5I

and beware of ugly guitars like pic.

This is true. I'm pretty good at tabs, but I suck at strumming.

About the Barre, it's hard but you definitely can learn it. It's more about the muscles than it is about the technique (as barre chords are pretty simple). Make sure you train a proper grip. Do not rest your thumb on the back of the neck of your guitar, for example. I would recommend this blog post:

sixstringobsession.blogspot.nl/2014/09/barre-chords-what-am-i-doing-wrong.html?m=1

How about you suck a dick.

practice more. Try tuning down 1/2 or a full step, this will take some tension off the strings to allow you to make your chords easier to start. Look up songs that are tuned down, there's a ton of 'em

*Over

you could try using a grip strengthener, before I started lifting I found bar chords really hard but now they are piss

>I've been playing for 5 months and still struggle with barre chords. I'd like to play at a bar eventually

well then start practicing bar chords HEYOOO

Speed train songs in Guitar Pro by clicking the loop icon and set it to speed train. Start at like 50 percent speed and just keep at it. Your brain will do the rest.

Also use a fucking metronome.

are you legitimately blind?

i'd rather suck your dick before i'd touch such a douchebag guitar. and i bet you've got a dirty dingus. you want me to suck it, user?

and get yourself a decent looking guitar!

just practice more, practice slowly, watch videos of other people playing, youll get it

Songsterr android app

this or try smaller gauge strings, 11's and 10's arent that great for this kinda thing

no, i have perfect vision.
just mostly prefer classic fender and gibson models over such wannabe-badass-aggressive-looking-progressive-metal-faggot-guitars. they're a total meme!

This is what I play.

Tell me how it is ugly.

i'm just trolling, user.
i simply prefer classic fender/gibson models. esp, ibanez, whatnot just don't build the kind of guitars i find visually pleasing.

Thinking about buying an eastwood rd, anyone have experience with their guitars?

ok ok.

What do you think of this ESP?

well, shape's clearly ok, as it is an LP knockoff.
looks cheesy nonetheless. don't like the white & gold combo and the look of the pickups.

They use lots of basswood, it's very soft and is considered kind of shit.

Since Eastwood makes mostly copies, you might want to look into an 80'90's japanese copy of some kind of 60's guitar.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/87/25/5f/87255f293925d1b40ceba6fdb03bac82.jpg

this is my axe, btw. only difference: got a humbucker at the bridge position.

Not really a knock off, this is though, it's a Navigator Les Paul, made by ESP.

They cost as much, or more than a real Les Paul because Gibson sucks at selecting woods, Japan can get still get ebony.

>gold hardware
Are you Indian?

> They cost as much, or more than a real Les Paul because Gibson sucks at selecting woods, Japan can get still get ebony.

absolutely don't doubt that, didn't mean that it's a "cheap knockoff", but the proto-version is by gibson. it's just the shape of an LP. and that's theirs.

I have been playing for...........17 years now, I think.

I have owned maybe 30-40 guitars total. The first real guitar I likes was a Gibson LP Studio.

Before that I played Ibanez and Jackson and I finally realized thin necks just hurt my wrist.

ESP necks are for me, I can't even play an Ibanez (RG550 etc) without pain.

Nigga that guitar was designed in the 50's.

I hate gold hardware because it wears off, but on an LP custom gold is what they have, so, classic is a classic.

So what do you think of > 5 months of playing and just learned this riff, what should I work on?

that's cool, though. you sure know what you like to play. i've always been a fender man myself, i guess. always preferred playing their models of gibsons.

Riff sounds fine, but I'd recommend you to go for the basic chords first. This will allow you to play along most songs. Now chords like B require a bar, so that would be a first introduction to bar chords. After bar chords, you can do power chords right away as well.

After that, you could spend some time on learning scales so you can improvise and play some solos.

This. I taught people how to play during college; time time time

are you a racist?

Should I play something with basic chords so you could hear?