Sup Forums help me

Sup Forums help me

This is considered one of the best punk album of all time. I'm a huge punk listener but that shit is so boring, the bassist is a show off and everything he does is annoying and takes the attention away from the rest. This is glorified shit

nah, you're just a plebe

punk is contradictory crap, grow up

And you're just a sad little guy

I'm sorry it is not The Casaulties

The bassist and drums are equal with the guitar cos D. Boon arranged his band to contribute equally and be recognised individually, in line with his political views u fucking gay

>contribute equally and be recognised individually, in line with his political views
haha oh dear.

This is one of the best, not a borefest record! i'm glad that i will never know what is your sad concept of a punk album is!

then how come it looks like he ate most of the food on tour?

you have bad taste

>Waah they can actually play their instruments this is not TRUE punk

This is really not the best album to introduce people to The Minutemen, even though this was how I was introduced to them.

The Minutemen in general were not the usual fast, loud, thrashy studs and spikes kind of punk that most people associate with punk. They were a bit more cerebral.

I love this album personally and is one of my favorite Minutemen albums of al times, but if one is not familiar with who The minutemen were a two record set can come off as quite overindulgent.

One might want to start off slowly with the Paranoid Time e.p. and then slowly graduate to such records as The Punch Line and What Makes a Man Start fires before diving head first into this masterpiece. (And remember, this is the album that gave us the theme for Jack Ass)

Jesus Christ Europeans should be dragged out onto the street and shot in the fucking head

>1985
>let's fucking add reverb to every punk album that comes our way

here have some post hardcore

I agree user, I saw it on a Sup Forums chart about punk rock and decided to listen to it. Man was that a mistake, the album is the most boring monotonous shit I've ever listened to. Nothing exciting or interesting about it. It reminds of all the hipster shit that faggots listen to in order to feel superior whilst being pretentious twats.

DNotD is good, but this is 1000 times better.
Came out the same year

obvious bait youre selling too hard
what punk do you like

It's not bait you fucking troglodyte, why cant people accept that others have opinions that differ from their own?

Minutemen ARE post-hardcore

Double Nickels on The Dime is literally the best greatetst album of all time. You can't apreciate it cuz u pleb

Great album, but not even their best. New Day Rising is imo

I like What Makes Men Start Fires better, personally.

great albums

>the bassist is a show off and everything he does is annoying and takes the attention away from the rest
Newsflash big guy: standard bass lines in punk are fucking boring, these ones are actually interesting yet you fags still don't get no one wants to listen to your boring shit

>Came out the same day**
FTFY

>why cant people accept that others have opinions that differ from their own?
>anyone who likes minutemen are fucking POSEURS!!!!!!!!!!

Underrated comment

oh the irony of this post

problem is you went into it expecting a punk album, which it really isn't. Most of the songs are closer to funk than they are punk.

That said it's one of the greatest albums of all time. 43 songs long, every one of them is unique, and every one of them is great.

Mike Watt isn't a showoff, and I honestly think you only listened to the first 5 songs and gave up. The instruments are arranged pretty evenly, and on more than a few songs Watt takes the background. If anything Hurley is the biggest show off, but that's not a bad thing cause the drums are orgasmic. I'd say that the best thing about this album is how every member gives it their all and does an amazing job.

No way, it's not even better than Meat Puppets II.

They're totally different but it's definitely my second favorite of theirs.

lol

>Meat Puppets
i'll just say it, i'm a huge punk fan but meat puppets are very overrated and kinda mediocre. the only reason people pay so much attention to them is because kurt cobain liked them so much. if you want cowpunk just stick to the gun club

Can we talk about how great Buzz or Howl Under the Influence of Heat is?

yeah it's p good

>the only reason people pay so much attention to them is because kurt cobain liked them so much
Disagree completely, not a Nirvana fan at all but I love Meat Puppets. I'm a Mindless Idiot is one of my all time favorite instrumental tracks. II and Up On the Sun are absolutely fantastic albums.

i don't really care if you like them or not, you have to agree most meat puppets fans are only into them and probably only heard of them because of nirvana

I was going to bash you for being this pleb, but I do remember it taking a few full listens for me to appreciate it like I do today. I still enjoyed it on some level the first time though. Now it's in my top 10 albums of all time, easily

I don't though, because the band's fantastic...

that's what you think. most people don't really think that. and most meat puppets fans are not like you.

kek how would you know? you're projecting your feelings onto others. unless you have a crystal ball, you're just making shit up.

because everyone i know, irl and online, when asked how they met the meat puppets, they always say it's bc of nirvana

>implying that people can't enjoy something if they learn about it from another source

Good raw tunes ruined by shitty pop production

DAMN.

people can enjoy what ever they want, meat puppets just sucks, sorry my man

dlj did it better

>people can enjoy what ever they want, meat puppets just sucks, sorry my man
Really makes you think...

yes, makes me think most people have bad taste, now tell me something new

>Meat Puppets suck
>likes Zen Arcade
hmmmm

yes that's the correct opinion