So it appears France is trying to operation paperclip all american scientists and give them all jobs since america...

So it appears France is trying to operation paperclip all american scientists and give them all jobs since america doesn't believe in science anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=-AHhc7DTIsg

businessinsider.com/emmanuel-macron-american-climate-scientists-france-2017-6

pretty soon America won't have anymore scientists or engineers and then it will truly be a christian nation

Other urls found in this thread:

www1.salary.com/Research-and-Development-Engineer-salary.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

America is so fucked

Finally a leader that actually creates jobs. Thanks for nothing Trump.

if only America elected Macron to be president instead

If climate change was such a big threat, then we'd do more than just make a symbolic pact like the Paris agreement. I also doubt many scientists will move to a country cucked by islam.

Climate change is not an abnormal event caused by humans. It's a lie to push carbon tax. If you had actual deductive abilities and not just regurgitate talking points, you'd see that

things scientists actually care about:

funding

things america doesn't do well:

funding scientists

it's really not that hard.

that's just the fossil fuel lobby talking, they don't want to become obsolete so they bought the republican party and a good hand full of democrats as well as most of the right-wing propaganda media outlets

It's the same for medical research too, constant funding cuts in america. Nobody wants to cure cancer-AIDs

It's about time someone cares about going to mars like I do, I wanna be the first man to jack off on another planet

you fucking idiot. we are doing what the Christian Right allow us to do (via the republicans in congress and the Asshole In Chief) because THEY think that Jeebus will fix everything that needs fixing.

Or that's just the spin they use to fool dumb people into voting against their best interests. It's not about ideology it's about money.

They want exactly what saudi arabia has for muslims, except for christians instead

>moving government-paid climatologists from one country to another is some sort of disaster

This

I can't believe that people still think any of these politicians believe all that crap. The ones who *actually* believe don't make it very far

Bill Nye? Is that you?

or climate change is the truth and its being used to push carbon tax.

its not exclusive. it isn't like most of the taxes we pay have legitimate uses anyway.

faggots whining about the "christian right" have no idea what actually goes on in the GOP.

what does go on in the gop?

gay sex, they do it to remind themselves that gay is a sin and that they are in fact VERY STRAIGHT

bitching about taxes, mostly

>implying the democrats aren't just the coalition against White people

that was hillary's democratic party. she lost, theyre realigning.

Remind me why the Paris agreement was so important since it restricted world powers yet didn't restrict India or China? Ironically two of the highest polluting countries.

>it isn't like most of the taxes we pay have legitimate uses anyway.
Considering that over 60% of rhe busget goes to the military I'd say you're right.

Too late. There are no longer enough White working class people to support them.
They have to play up the racial grievance angle to get the shitskins riled up or they won't bother to vote.
In a multiethnic state, politics will always be racial.

Fucking bitch is trying to steal are smart people. The threat of the Muslim should keep them here, but for how long? Voting democrat 2020.

You're right. Keep our military budget and get rid of foodstamps. Give foodstamps money to scientists.

Or we could send those idiot troops home and cut their benefits, then give that money to scientific research.

Nah. Getting rid of foodstamps is better. When people realize they will have to pay for their own food, obesity rates will descrease and poor women will use birth control or swallow.

Or we could stop invading the countries that the saudis point us to and radicalizing them into wahhabi terrorists to keep us at war, that could help reduce the over bloated military budget

many of the white working class's grievances arent that different from black's.

>black working class
top kek

we should really convince most women to do anal to help with overpopulation, we need a ww2 scale mobilization effort to get girls to use their butts instead of their vaginas

People like you complain about the military budget, but never want to cut programs for people that are leeches. They add nothing to society, but future prison inmates. I could support military cuts if you leftist agreed to slash welfare for the poor and hold them accountable for their own choices.

Nah, gutting the military is better. When those lazy idiots realize they have to pay for their own food, housing, clothing, and job training, wasted funds will decrease and poor people (i.e. all U.S. troops) will go back to whatever they did with their insignificant lives before getting on Republican welfare.

ahahahahh FUCKING americans never cease to amaze

>will go back to whatever they did with their insignificant lives before getting on Republican welfare.
Meth and yelling at minorities most likely

>If morbid obesity was such a threat, I'd would do more than just sign up for a symbolic gym membership like LA Fitness.

This is you.

Europe=Muslim cesspool of garbage
Canada=blm and transgender garbage pit.

Gut welfare programs. They create dependency.

>hide the decline

Looks like they managed to.

The real murica.

Military creates dependency as well. And we waste much more on the military than we do assistance programs.

nigger. that shit only smybolic in countries where governments bow down to companies.

germany went from 25% nuclear and 60% coal to 10% nuclear 40% coal within 8 years and replaced all that with wind, solar and water power - planning to go 0% nuclear and

This is what ze Germans did too, made most of their intellectuals flee. If Werner Von Braun had stayed they could very well have won WW2.

It amazes me that people are anti-nuclear while still calling themselves pro-sustainable energy.

no no no user, renewables are a lie created by the motherfucking wind lobby

good, clean coal and oil is all humanity needs

now get back to work!

why? did you see one of those thorium maymay images?

No, because even old style reactors are very efficient and perfectly safe. Reactionary idiots like you call for them to be shut down after incidents where safety protocol was blatantly ignored.

Just because it goes over your empty head doesn't mean it's just a meme.

actually, it does.

Oh i see, you didn't major in physics. Well I did and can tell you they're perfectly safe and viable for energy production. Why don't you go back to doing whatever it is GED holders do with their lives? I'm sure there are burgers you should be flipping, get back to work.

Nobody is going to move because no one is going to sell their house, move their families from their friends, learn a new language, try to go through the immigration process, and get a new job because some guy is president for four years

well in the few times when something goes wrong, it really goes wrong, not to mention what would happen if they became targets for terrorists

>didnt major in physics
>must be a high school drop out fast food worker
lol that arrogance. whatever makes you feel better about yourself, dude.

If the President is going to be gutting fudi g for the work those people do then it's very likely that they will move on to a more civilized place to continue research.

Compromise, cuts to military and assistance programs would work. Except both right and let would tantrum. More on the left.

In over 60 years since the first nuclear reactor has gone online there have only been 3 major incidents, all of them occurred because safety regulations were ignored. And exactly how many times has a nuclear reactor been targeted by terrorists? Why don't you go back to whatever you do with your insignificant life and leave critical thinking to your intellectual betters?

Yes, it did. They both signed it and are committing to greatly reducing their pollution.

Macron is the new center. He's what America needs.

Macron has big words
America has the deepest purse

first off, stupid cunt, theres an h in wernher von braun.
secondly, the german reich provided von braun with 4000 forced labourers, which was pretty fucking significant in enabling him to continue his work, and on top of that his whole factory and test site was financed and built using luftwaffe personnel & money. at no point in history did the reich not believe in science, contrary, they knew pretty fucking good that von brauns work was very important to them.

nigger, just because fusion power power will eventually be doesnt mean fission reactors count as "renewable".

if you cumgargling shitfarts could stop saying it was about safety, that would be great.
those things evidently are not safe, but that not the fucking point.
nuclear waste storage is too expensive and fuel is limited, its simply not a good long-term plan for energy production.

you think your little physics major makes you an expert in energy policy? there's a reason we dont make scientists our leaders, you're a perfect example of it.

Just because I'm better than you are doesn't automatically make me arrogant, it just makes you trash.

you sound like the guy who says "go take a ___ class so you know everything there is to know about ___"

would you feel comfortable with Iran having nuclear power?

I'm not denying that its a great technology, just questioning if people are too stupid and irresponsible to handle it at the moment, after all as you said those 3 major incidents occurred when safety regulations were ignored, most likely due to people being stupid, and with growing tensions in the world and the rising threat of terrorism an attack isn't completely unlikely, especially if security is being stupid and jihadists manage to get in

>thinks being yet another physics major on Sup Forums makes him better
I bet youre rocking back and forth while you type that shit.

C-cancer-Aids?! Is that a new disease? Do you get it from browsing Sup Forums?

It's not the troops that are black holes of money. It's the massive amount of overspending on defensive projects like the F-35 (1.5 trillion, gg). Every.single. defense project runs obscenely over budget.

There are no checks and balances for military spending. "We need more money" is rarely denied, because they follow that up with "To protect our country from our enemies!"

Raytheon, Boeing, Lockheed Martien, Northrup Grumman, United Tech, L3, BAE ... etc etc etc.

The government could give a fuck less about the troops. They're underpaid, undersupported, and deeply, deeply underinsured. Once they've served their country, they've served their purpose. They commit suicide by the droves. VA hospitals are on par with free clinics in the ghetto, and the waiting time to get anything done there are months long just to SEE a doctor. They're treated worse than innercity niggers.

Filename relevant.

you get it from Sup Forums

President doesn't get to determine funding. He can only purpose a budget. Congress can accept, reject, earmark or change any part of the budget they please. Same with Congress. Furthermore, it's not like there aren't private organizations willing to find climate science. Not everything is publicly funded.
Don't be delusional. No one is leaving their home country over shit like this.

Same with the Senate*

some people will move to france if they get a good job offer over there. it's france, a lot of people dream of visiting there.

job opportunities

plenty of people left their home countries to find jobs in America, this is no different

Safety regulations are ignored sometimes. Even if they're a rarity, they do get ignored. The Perry nuclear plant had a massive crack in one of its cooling towers that was unreported and unrepaired for YEARS. Middle Eastern fellas had been chased away from the property many times for taking photos from the property line.

It's only a matter of time until there's an attack. It's only a matter of time until a massive safety incident.

my major problems with Iran having nuclear power are: though they need isotopes for radiology they will bend to pressure from right-wing fascist types to brandish nukes or the possibility of using them on Israel, also, more immediately, Iran has many earthquakes and the standards for building there are corrupt and awful. Iranian cities have been described as 'rubble in waiting.' Does anyone in the region want to have reactors built there?

You get it from the internet, period.

Is there some deep trouble you would like to talk to us about, user?

yea, those things actually sound pretty good to me. it's like we're setting God up to do good.

Highly educated people will leave. They have the means and the opportunity.

Exactly. People a few hundred thousand in debt with a PhD and no job prospects here will leave in a heartbeat.

See: Fukushima. Japan's sitting on the Ring of Fire. They built them anyway, and got to have their own Chernobyl.

>few hundred thousand in debt with a PhD
it's sad that smart people can be this stupid.

Git outta mah country, Science Fags

people built them in japan and california, places also known for unstable geological activity, and yes Iran is corrupt and right-wing, just like many other governments around the world, again people and their irresponsibilities are the main issue with nuclear power, it isn't idiot proof in a world of idiots

So they make $120,000/year? If our job market here dries up, they will readily move overseas for better opportunities where they will make world market value for their work. Why do you think so many fucking Indians come to the US and are doctors, physicists, etc? India's market is shit. Western markets pay exponentially more, and it's not just the US.

My fiancee is in medical school, M.D. in the US. She will become a doctor, with ~$220,000 in debt. But she'll be a doctor, who can pay that off quickly. If the US out of the blue said "We don't need medical doctors anymore!," we'd pick up and move overseas in an instant.

we aren't talking about that kind of PhD here, we're talking about climate researchers. they aren't making six figures, dude.

They're PhD's, you fucking idiot.

yea, researchers have phds. they make like 50-60 grand a year. youre talking about medical doctors and other lucrative phds. climate science researchers, which is what we're talking about here, dont make shit, and there are many who are hundreds of thousands in debt.

www1.salary.com/Research-and-Development-Engineer-salary.html durrrrrrrrrrrrr

>engineer
try again.

You know who does their grunt work/field work?

Undergrads and grad students.

German replace their nuclear by buying nuclear electricity from france so please check ur stats

What do you think they're engineering? GREEN ENERGY YOU DUNCE.

so glad I decided on getting another bachelors in engineering instead of going to grad school

>believe in science
"believe in science"

What did you get your second bachelors in? If it's something like welding engineering, you start making around 100k.

you dont understand what france is offering. that isn't what most people who go on to do climate research do or make. typically they work at universities and make 50-60k a year. these are the people france wants to come over and work there for 4 years. they are also often in a shitload of debt because they wasted their money on private school.

computer, still have another year to go, my first bachelors was in biomedical science but the job market is practically dead for medical research right now so I figured a PhD wouldn't be a wise investment