I think it's time we start trying to answer one of the most difficult questions posed since the dawn of time

I think it's time we start trying to answer one of the most difficult questions posed since the dawn of time.

Who would win in a fight between a Silverback Gorilla and a Grizzly Bear?

Now before you start sucking each others dicks for imaginary internet points, let me establish some ground rules.

1. You have 6 months to train and condition your animal for the fight. That means you get to select most genetically gifted gorilla/bear you can find, and you get 6 months to turn it into the most ruthless fighting machine the world has ever seen.

2. No sneak attacks. Arena style fight to the death. If the animals refuse to fight they will be prodded with cattle prods to encourage aggression.

3. One of each animals offspring will be ring side, "cheering on" their father. The real reason for this is that it will kick the animals protective instincts into over drive.

4. No weapons of any kind, but the animals fangs and claws will be sharpened, and checked to be in good condition before the fight.

5. If both animals die after the fight, it will be considered a draw.

Who wins?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzELYcNXjfQ
youtu.be/sVAP5qWnBek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The gorilla. Male bears don't give a shit about their young and female bears are way smaller, leaving the gorilla with the edge

Dubs don't lie

Gorilla. Because it has thumbs.

It comes down to how they are built, mechanically. A bear has trouble standing on its hind lets. It is built around "ground and pound" style fighting. If it pins the Gorilla, it could win, but I think people underestimate the brute POWER a gorilla has in those tiny legs. Check out a gorillas ass... MASSIVE in comparison to any muscle on a bears body. I think in a grappling match, the gorilla would judo flip a bear like a rag doll and tear out its eyes before the bear even realized what was happening.

Gorilla wins. Teach him how to mf box I can guarantee that bear won't get close enough to do bear things.

Yah they do

Male bear doesn't need protective instincts to fight. They are extremely territorial.

Bear wins because just as strong bite and has huge as claws.

That depends on the type of Grizzly. Quick google search shows a coastal type can weigh 900lbs while a silberback gorilla 500lbs... At almost twice the weight, the Grizzly will win hands down.

bear

Bears have just as much muscle but they have a larger body and a thick layer of fat in the fall/winter.

youtube.com/watch?v=GzELYcNXjfQ

Gorilla Wins. A male gorilla can lift 8,000 lbs. A grizzly bear can only lift 2,000 lbs. You do the math.

Rules allow you to find the best genetic example.

Kodiak, Brown, Coastal, and Mountain Grizzlies are all Grizzly bears.

Wikipedia:
On the other hand, an occasional huge male grizzly has been recorded which greatly exceeds ordinary size, with weights reported up to 680 kg (1,500 lb)

Obese gorillas in captivity can weigh as much as 270 kg (600 lb)

It's not even close OP

Because weight lifting has been the measure in all human-human fighting, right?

All you uneducated gorilla fags. Bears are killing machines with more mass and more weapons. A gorilla is a grass eating nigger on roids. Bear will be eating well tonight.

You guys keep citing weight as the sole decider. We, humans are the most dominant animals the world has ever seen. Because we are intelligent. I've yet to see someone even mention a gorillas intelligence as a possible factor for winning.

Not to mention - What wins in a fight? A lion or a buffalo? Buffalos weigh more, so why does the lion win? Because the lion is mechanically built around tearing shit like that up. I think a gorilla has a huge mechanical advantage vs a bear. A bear standard ground and pound technique is going to fail utterly against a gorilla.

youtu.be/sVAP5qWnBek Have Fun b/ros

8,000 lbs vs 2,000 lbs. All the Gorilla has to do is grab bear's jaws and rip them apart. End of story!

Who has the high ground?

Grizzly Bear any day. Long range attacks, one slash and the gorrila's head is ruined.

The bear has sharp things, I think that is the deciding factor

Draw, both trainers died capturing prospective animals

Really tough call... since both use facial expressions to display feelings - and the face is the main area to be attacked for dominance. I think the edge goes to Bear - because a bear is willing to kill its own children to survive. Where a gorilla just like a nigger relies on a tribe for survival and for attacking in groups. Since its just one dumb nigger.. I mean gorilla... I expect the bear to wreck his shit. Because of the bear's willingness to fight till death singularly... while a gorilla might get confused even after the best training... it still might expect that it needs a tribe to fight an enemy to win... since that is inherently how they kill - via a mob. Where a bear is solitary after being a cub for the rest of its life except to mate... so Yea.. I will drop money on a bear... Bear is a born killer if it survives its own parents from not eating him.

Gorilla without a doubt would beat the shit out of a bear
humans have survived attacks from bears for centuries so logically gorrilas would easily beat a bear into submission
Besides gorillas are smarter so should be easier to train to fight

By what logic? The gorilla has no way to harm the grizzly. The grizzly is bigger, stronger, and has deadly claws and jaws. Humans dominated the earth by using their intelligence to hunt as a pack and create tools/weapons which are not allowed in OPs arena

Exactly... gorilla is a pack animal attacker... single.. its fucking dead. Bear wins.

bear wins