Tfw you realize that nature documentaries are weirdly misanthropic

>tfw you realize that nature documentaries are weirdly misanthropic

It's not about a love of animals or an appreciation for the majesty of nature; it's about basking in a utopian vision of a world still uninfringed upon by humanity.

why would i watch a documentary about the ecosystem of a parking lot

i live here, i wanna see how nature lives

>uninfringed

Poor choice of words. I would have said "unsoiled" or simply "untouched"

>if its not human centric, its misanthropic

It's a dumb concept akin to watching one about space.

We aren't going there, the images you see are mockups by an artist, and for the most part its all the same shit.

They always feel like a glorified "beg your government to invest in our programs dog"

Unsoiled would be fine, but simply saying untouched loses the implicit message that human involvement spells ruin.

>not enjoying the pure essence of the natural world and basking in the warmth of David Attenborough's warm-hearted voice.

You're watching nature documentaries wrong m8.

But nature docs are kind of human centric. They are quite literally about trying to get back to the world where we are absent. We are the impetus for that fascination.

>implying mankind hasn't done irreparable damage to the natural world.

Implying the exact opposite, actually.

When the hell is Planet Earth 2 coming out? It's supposed to be this year, no?

>CeramicVaseBreak.mp3

Sorry m8 :)

It's cool.

>still have the sealed BD
>literally my only BD

I don't know why I haven't opened it yet. Probably because my only BD player is my PS3 and I much prefer movies/TV on my PC.

>Have a Bluray of pure kinomentary, never watched
>prefer to watch TV/movies on your PC

Cmon buddy...

I think years of constantly listening to videos/music/everything through headphones has fucked my hearing because last time I tried to watch an episode of a TV series it was way too quiet for me to understand, while with headphones on my PC it was fine.

Huh, I just ordered Planet Earth, my first Blu Ray also, it's pretty good value for 10 quid. Was considering Blade Runner but they jewed out on the BD and only have one cut.

what's best after planet earth, any docs in the recent years?

>quid
>a fellow brit who bought Planet Earth BD because it was cheap

Wow, you're literally me.

is planet earth still worth of watching? i think i've seen some of it, but documentaries that are 10 years old tend to have some outdated information.

Life Story

It's another Attenborough extravaganza where he follows various animals throughout their life from birth to parenthood to death.

Each episode ends with a "behind the scenes" type of thing where they show how they captured one of the scenes from the episode. It's really interesting both for the animals in the episode and the "behind the scenes" endings.

>not just taking a hike if you want some nature

humans have made the world better for humans
go live in nature if you love it so much you self hating fags

The natural world really doesn't change much in 10 years.

It kinda does, a lot.

where and how
or are you just some greentard thinking climate change is some catastrophic occurrence

Why don't you log off your computer, burn down your house, and go let a lion eat you, Luddite?

Probably not much, yes you're right. I just don't remember much of planet earth. Have had too much free time to see how nature changes in just year or two, but that's like comparing weather and climate. I'll just finally watch that documentary then.

haha wow nice post faggot. what a fruit.

i hate how these documentaries romanticize and glorify nature. these productions are mostly staged with manufactured thrills and drama to tug at our heartstrings. its bullshit and its biased. in reality nature is dull, ugly, and pretty fucking grim.

Honestly nature docs just make me think about how utterly brutal nature is. I start most of them feeling fascinated, by the end I just think humanity has a duty to wipe everything out and end the pointless suffering.

But wiping anything out everything out would only in turn inflict suffering on humans.

Also:
>implying lesser creatures can suffer

>implying shitsylvania USA where the rednecks have murdered all the megafauna compares to glorious remote areas of Africa

But humans are one of the only species that inflict pointless suffering