Why are so many Americans taking some form of medication regularly

why are so many Americans taking some form of medication regularly

pic related

>why are so many Americans taking some form of medication regularly
Because doctors and pharmaceutical companies push them on the sick and elderly like they're candy.

because prescription drugs are a big business so doctors are encouraged to hand them out like candy

mmm candy

Pretty sure something something candy

And when they're handed a prescription those have potential side effects, so they have to go back and get more to counteract side effects, and it just snowballs from there until they're taking multiple prescriptions a day for all the side effects.

In order to cope with the duality of living on land stolen from the natives but hating illegal immigrants and then claiming to have any sort of morals that don't have their root in rabid nationalism

>Bc our lives are pointless shit
>We have no philosophy, only a long dead religion
>And we know our culture is based on a mythology of lies and old poorly done propaganda

>when ur conscience hits you knock it back with pills
>worst zep song ever, but true

funny how you've left paying taxes out f that simple explanation you just gave

Yeah you're right anyone who doesn't give us money has no rights and their land is to be taken at once

Not everyone, user. Some ppl are addicted to shopping instead. Buying shit makes them feel like they're successful and if nothing else, at least they're on top of this giant rolling cultural shitball headed downhill.

It's a
So funny how he dint include sail boating and my graduate school schedule in that. But probably bc he's making a relevant point and not writing a fucking encyclopedia of the world.

i mean, guys, i haven't taken a single med for at least 5 years
not because i'm an anti-science, anti-vaxx idiot: i simply never needed them
i went to murica last month and i was astonished to meet so many young people who told me they were taking antidepressants, "vitamins" and lord knows what else: a girl simply told me: "i don't know, to be honest, but i have to take them"
needless to say, i was mind=blown
among those i know, people usually take something only when they are actually sick

Ok but do you ever drink or do other drugs recreationally? Do you seek out activities that excite you in an extreme way? We are all riding some kind of high my friend

i do drink sometimes when going out, sure, but i do it only when i want and for my personal enjoyment, not because i need it
the people i'm talking about take meds because they believe they have to, not because they find it entertaining

valid point then. U sir are a rare exception to a population of addicts

cus life is shit

its like that everywhere in civilization , recently ive discovered like 90% of people i know takes some drugs for depression anxiety etc

Where you from?

Because doctors here would rather pump you full of medications that may or may not work than to actually do their job. It's like them slapping a Band-aid on something that needs stitches. Crappy analogy, but you get the idea I hope.

so how do we move forward? should sustainability even be a consideration anymore?

italy