So, I'm playing joker in an upcoming webseries batman project. Can't give out too many details on it...

So, I'm playing joker in an upcoming webseries batman project. Can't give out too many details on it, BUT I can ask this question.

WHAT should be seen/done by the perfect on screen joker? This does not just pertain to me, but to all jokers. What makes a joker good in film? Heath Ledger's anarchist attitude or Leto's crazy nature?

What would you like to see from ME as the joker, or from an upcoming BIG FILM Joker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kN_SaHoGwYc
youtube.com/watch?v=r-7vHnxwB9A
youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM
youtube.com/channel/UCVYTqqr64R98Ba19kbGJEvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post your joker performance

Letos laugh mixed with Hamills would be good. Have a similar look to Leto but with whiter skin and messier hair.

Be crazy, but appear smart and calculated.

Do what Let did without the tattoos.

This. If you don't want to show your face at least post some audios of you making the Joker voice, or reading other Joker's quotes or something.

*Leto

>WHAT should be seen/done by the perfect on screen joker? This does not just pertain to me, but to all jokers. What makes a joker good in film? Heath Ledger's anarchist attitude or Leto's crazy nature?

Being a top tier edge lord at all times.

>What would you like to see from ME as the joker, or from an upcoming BIG FILM Joker?

More than fifteen minutes of screen time.

Don't try to imitate Heath Ledger no matter what
But I'd also say don't go after Hamill's because it's just not realistic enough for live action unless you're an amazing actor (which you're not)

Leto's is probably the area to go down. He's supposed to be sinister and funny
Ignoring all other jokers is another method, just completely imagine what that character would be like to be that insane and only motivated by fighting with batman

I can't give a preformance yet, BUT I MIGHT be able to get away with a few OLD promopics using the WAY outdated makeup we had.

To give you an idea of the voice it sounds a LOT like the one Michael Emerson did, though more nasally.

The joker I'm doing DOES have 3-4 tattoos, but none like Leto's. There's a Rose on the wrist(Ties into story, can't reveal) kinda clawmark looking things on the back(again part of story) There's HAHA on the left hand knuckles, and BANG on the right hand(It's cringy ish I know, but director liked it) and a "SHHH" down the pointer finger.

Acts like a real life thug, talks like an action hero, full of quips and one-liners.

The juxtaposition should be funny.

Just watch Melvin Brother of the Joker and Da Joker Baby and you're good to go.

here

Pretend you are John McClane or James Bond, and think what they would say as they delivered horrific violence to the bad guys. Say that kind of stuff as you are delivering violence to good guys and innocents.

Here's a REALLY OLD Makeup test I did for a thing. It was back before we did the final design. I dono if it'd be good to give out the final design yet. PLUS bad lighting.

Don't forget the Joker's catchphrase!
youtube.com/watch?v=kN_SaHoGwYc

Less subtle with the make-up, more subtle with the face.

MOMS GONNA FREAK!

See what I posted here

Absolutely not Ledger.

Mix up Leto and Hamill.

Oh shit, you're not just trolling for memes.

Looks like a cheap Halloween costume there. Hope you guys really out did this for the final design.
But considering this image you really should go for the mob boss Leto-ish Joker.

As I said, OLD ass makeup. Now it's more of a Red lips, dark eye thing with more hair. BUT still, jokerish. There was a joke thrown around during the making of it that it was a mix of jared leto and a drag queen... Dono how I feel about that, but whatever

face should be whiter

Whiter face, also do something about the hair, it's too thin.

Actually die your hair green. The fake hair paint doesn't cut it.

>Michael Emerson

Dude no that was literally the worst Joker voice.

You have good second hand clothes stores in your town?

If you could mix in one or two expensive items and one or two home-made items that could look cool too.

I just mean keep a straighter face, but go more extreme with the make-up. Keep the Joker-face for important moments, keep it straight for everything else. Maybe a cool guy smirk or face-shrug at most.

Yea, this was OLD as fuck. It was right after the director scrapped the scars idea. We worked with that too, but we didn't wanna end up like Heath ledger, and I got him to redesign it.

It actually is, but it was lit with yellow light.

That is dyed green hair.
It actually was green. I'd give another pic, but it looks even cringier.

I did get a better cut for it. More of a Pompadour style.

>Pic related it's me without the makeup.

Now post one with the makeup.

You'd look good with the Leto look, nice hair bro.
Dye it.

>Leto's crazy nature

I'm sure you'll do fine without any advice.

youtube.com/watch?v=r-7vHnxwB9A

Do this.

The joker outfit is done. It's more of a realistic take on the suit. it's a Black vest, pants and dress shoes with a shining purple dress shirt, and a range of ties. It's not the classic purple suit, but we tried it with the makeup and it just didn't work at all.

I said LIKE that. Think Jared Leto meets Michael Emmerson's voice. I tried the Markhammil but it REALLY doesn't work live action, then I did one that sounded almost EXACTLY like heath ledger and I didn't wanna sound like I coppied him so I changed again.

I'M THE JOKAH BAYBEE

Sorry, couldn't resist, but memes aside, looks pretty decent for a low budget fan project 2bh. A little more work and it will look good.

You're cute!
No homo of course

Try something like this for the look.

Is it an official thing or fan made?

you look like Draco Malfoy

Here was a SHITTY mock up the director did to show roughly the idea he wanted. I got the idea to change the fucking hair and add darker eyes.

Thank you! It's better than what most people say when they meet me. Most people say I have "A resting rape face."

Fan made, but we're going for studio quality.

I know... I get that ALL THE TIME. No matter where I post it. But I think I look less like malfoy in real life.

>it's a Black vest, pants and dress shoes with a shining purple dress shirt, and a range of ties

piano ties? light-up christmas ties?

Hahaha! No. It's mainly switching from bow ties to a checkeredish looking neck tie.

How do you go from this to this Man, try pulling a Leto at least visually. You'd look way better.

Okay, super-thin sixties ties? Thick seventies ties?

How? Differant makeup and a LOT of editing on the bottom one.

It was up to the director. We went with the chemical bath origin instead of makeup like before and had to redesign.

Thin bow tie. Medium normal tie.

Here's another OLD pic of joker with scars and a weird ass face. We went through a hundred looks.

>I am aware the hair looks yellow in the picture, it was a light green.

Get a professional make up person and show her this picture.

The final design is like Leto's minus the tattoos and with a differant hair style. And with veins under the skin(following actual veins. I have to hang upside down for like 10 minutes for them to paint them on.)

Joker crossed with Dr.Frankenfurter? Could work.
And I think you should expand on the tattoos, have them be speech bubbles that he shows during is fita of madness.

I posted the tattoos the director aproved of. There'll also be a smily face on the right big toe... I guess that's if joker dies and he's in the morgue or something.

We HONESTLY thought about something like that, but felt it looked too cartoony for the world we were making. We have a darker world set, though it's able to have some jokes or whatever. Like during the first scene(Hope I don't get killed for this) a thug steals a girl's purse and sandwich, and after batman kicks his ass all you see is the sandwich fall to the ground in slow motion.

Honestly, we're just impressed someone from Sup Forums is doing anything tv related that isn't strealing or watching it.

That sounds absolutely terrible

I admire your dedication.

Darker green hair, I wouldn't get the scars. Stick with one version.

OH, and user, We DID try that hairstyle out. It looks AWFUL in live action, but here's what we got. IGNORE ME BEING NUDE.

It's better in film. It's a small thing, and handled seriously, but still I like the idea.

I agree, when filming starts back up next year I'll do darker green and get a Pompadour hairstyle. Right now it's long and gross.

That's a nice green color.

What do you guys think? Here's me TODAY, with the makeup off. You guys think I have a good JOKER face?

That sounds fucking awful

Cut it a bit shorter and it could work.

I think you should also ask Sup Forums for advice

Joker doesn't have a fucking comedy hooter bro

Eh, it's related to film and such, so I wouldn't think so.

As I said, it's better in film.

It's a thing like, you see the sub fall, but as it happens it's in the dark and rain, and in the background you see batman kicking the shit out of a thug.

I dono what to compare it to, but It does look much better in practice.

Comedy Hooter?

nice wallpaper you fucking faggot

did you or your mom pick it out

Not really. Might work better in make up but I recommend you work on it.

Sup Forums are much more well-versed in anything Batman related. You'll get better feedback.

Go for something different but similar, no red nose tho.

BABEE / 10

You have any idea when the film will be ready for release?
Capekino is in your hands.

It came with the house. It's lame I know. But it's a wall paper in one room, I don't mind it much.

What would you suggest?

>Pic related, it's during the early makeup after a LONG night ad after the makeup wore off. It's a face though. I was sweating all of the makeup off, pink as hell, and bloated. BUT I think the face is... semicringy, but crazy enough. Haha!

That sounds like shit. Why would you invest your time and energy into something that sounds like shit?

Filming starts early 2017, it's a Series instead of a film, 15 minute long episodes centred around batman and what not. The first season is prebatman(He's in a makeshift suit and junk, kinda like daredevil) Joker's not till second season, but after that he's a key player till the show's end.

You'll see when it comes out. I feel like it sounds bad on paper, but I have no doubts the thing will be decent.

Or go classic style.

Tone it down a bit. Let your eyes relax and just put on a fairly big smile. Joker is already menacing so no need to try and look threatening.

>You'll see when it comes out. I feel like it sounds bad on paper, but I have no doubts the thing will be decent.

What's going to be decent about a slomo sandwich?

Why you being the Joker dude?

>I feel like it sounds bad on paper,

When you have read a project until it's seared into your brain, it can often seem boring to you.

At this moment we're pretty much like that, though with darker lips, and more eyeliner to complement the dark eyes.

Also veins through the skin. (It's also a bit more flesh tone. Think albino)

It's not the sandwich that's the key to the shot. It's the context, I can't show you the script, but it's kinda one of those "What you don't see is more important" things. Like in Let the right one in, where you just see the kid being held under water, and see feet being dragged, and blood and what not. It's focused on one thing, and not showing all of another but letting the imagination fill things in.

And because I had the face and commitment for it. also a HUGE fan of the character.

Also, read other posts to see what is up with it.

Steer fucking clear from Leto, lean towards Hamil but maybe with darker crimes.

What is the context of the slomo sandwich?

BE UNPREDICTABLE.

So many people think the Joker is about being pure psychopath, doing the most fucked up stuff possible, and that's not it. He's about the fact that you don't know if the gun he's pointing at you is real or just going to have a flag with "BANG" on it. He probably doesn't even know. Everyone's pointing to Leto in this thread, but I think actually Nicholson did pretty well, all things considered.

And remember, the Joker only exists because of Batman. His whole purpose in life is to corrupt him, push his buttons, and make the Bat break his own rules. Hell, make him laugh. Batman never laughs. Break his walls even just that little bit, and that's a victory.

anyone think OP is quite cute?

Why'd you paint your face bro?

Less Columbine, more HONKA HONKA.

I said a bit earlier that it was after two thugs rob and kill a woman, they run through an alley way kinda thing, batman(pre suit) drops in on one of them kicks his ass, you see the face of the dude who stole the sandwich as he turns away. Batman then is seen running up a wal and hopping over, then it cuts to the face of the crook and what not. Then you see the slowmo sandwich fall with batman attacking the dude in the bg out of focus. It sounds bad on paper, but in practive it looks cool.

OP is cute. CUTE!

>And remember, the Joker only exists because of Batman. His whole purpose in life is to corrupt him, push his buttons, and make the Bat break his own rules. Hell, make him laugh. Batman never laughs. Break his walls even just that little bit, and that's a victory.

Yes.

If the Joker is to be played like he's on stage, you have to remember that Batman is the audience.

yeah but why you paint your face?

I think the very very white skin help, you want stark obvious contrasts, Ledger had the runny makeup rough looks perfect, you want to go opposite. A real theatrical vaudeville look. Keep the lip liner to the bare minimum, you have a big mouth, it will likely work.

Or not nigga, do what you want, I ain't the boss of you.

I too have watched The Killing Joke.

You're a faggot, please stop shaming the film community. also brush your fucking teeth fuck

But that's no context. That's just a pointless lolsorandum insert.

OP's friends are obviously incapable of doing makeup. The shit in this thread is like what you see on a 5 year old's Halloween costume.

Ayy I like this. Actually looks pretty lit. Wouldn't mind peeping an episode. Are you gonna link it?

Noted. We were going to have him serious, but due to fan backlash at something we saw, we were like, keep him serious, though have his moments.

Joker went through a LOT of changes.

At first he was going to be the split personality of a worker at Arkham.

Then he moved into a Heath Ledger clone

Then to a few tests at a mark Hamill joker thing.

THEN to a Semi Ledger semi Leto thing.

Now to a more unpredictable guy.

The lips are going to be RED, but not going to the smile like in the old pics.

Define context then.

>OLD ass thing.
>Read filename also HYPER CRINGY even to me. It was old test stuff. I have test things from years ago. This has been a project for about 3 years getting prep and writing down.

Not done yet.

It'll be on a youtube channel called

KYSproductions. I THINK. If not I'll let everyone know.

There's no videos as of now on the channel.

This guy knocks it out off the park. Take some inspiration.

youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM

What were you testing? Just how bad of makeup you were capable of doing?

OP can I suck your dick? I'm not a girl but I'm good looking and can do it like a champ.

We were testing about... 12 differant looks for joker. We never went into a lot of detail in any of them as they were just that, tests. Kinda to get a rough idea with the face movement and all of that jazz. Basically we'd tried it out with 3 differant smile sizes, a bunch of eye darknesses, and some differant shades of white. So we weren't going to waste an hour each day with the makeup, we did like 10 minutes each for a rough look, then washed it and moved on.

Here's another one from the same day, old as fuck, but with no large smile.

Look at how short the hair was there compared to the pic from today. We've done A LOT of work on these.

Dope. I subbed.
I wish we had more threads like this. Cool to see someone actually trying to make shit.

youtube.com/channel/UCVYTqqr64R98Ba19kbGJEvg

Make sure you got the right one.

As I said, nothing's up on there yet, so the channel's in the backburner for now, hence no content or even a freaking profile pic to it.

>Define context then.

A frame that makes the scene you want to insert into the movie have make sense and more importantly a point.

What's the point of the slomo sandwich other than lolsorandum? A sandwich falling in itself isn't noteworthy, having it in slomo is just wasting the viewers time.

I can't exactly reveal that, but it's a parallel to another scene and shit. It's a bit of levity as well.

Just wait for it to come out, then you'll see the point.