Also if it wasn't for their itunes rape and somehow getting on a track with Kendrick no one would remember U2

Also if it wasn't for their itunes rape and somehow getting on a track with Kendrick no one would remember U2

They have had next to no lasting impact and influence, and anyone who still is aware of them hates them and their shit music.

You're delusional.

Prove me wrong

They're one of the biggest selling groups of all time. Everyone knows who U2 is.

This band is not good, and not popular, except for the two singles that will get early-morning radio play on the mildest of (already boring) classic rock stations. Bono is one of the biggest blowhards in pop culture who nobody openly respects or admires. The Edge is a guitarist who is maybe best known for having a fun name and wearing bad hats, but neither casual fans or seasoned guitarists have anything to say about him.

They had some massive albums and at least one record-breaking tour, right? But clever marketing can go a long way--and it did!

They're the biggest classic rock band in the world--to their millions of uncultured fans who would be way into easy listening radio, if they were a decade over.

We talk a lot about music for shapeless, pale men here, and Andrew Jackson Jihad hits a lot of the marks, but U2 is the ultimate soundtrack for over-emotional punk asses.

Radiohead owes a huge debt to them

Listen to their albums first before having an opinion

Is this a pasta? You sound like a pasta. I don't even like them but this looks like shitposting.

Thanks, but no thanks. Wanna recommend War to me? It's terrible.

But I guess that spineless, well-paid white people need emotional music too, huh? I bet they want to feel oh so badly! It's a good thing they have U2.

>Next to no lasting impact and influence.

The people posting in this board know less and less about music with every passing day.

the average Sup Forumstant circa 2017 wasn't even alive when 9/11 happened
what can you do

wow great music criticism there

lmao

How long do you want to keep that up? Where is U2's influence in 2017? Where was it in 2005?

I get it, you like U2. That's fine. But to act like they are culturally valuable historically, or that they have any positive or meaningful cache in a music world that is guitar-free both in critical publications and on pop radio--is just silly.

U2 might as well be Kiss.

>literally brings up race out of nowhere

Nigger spotted

I'm talking about your stereotypical big-time honky. The guy who isn't rich or arty enough to buy a house in Brooklyn, but the mid-level embarrassment who is always eager to live in an "up-and-coming" neighborhood.

This person visits a farmers market often, but they never go home with vegetables. But they love that they go to the farmers market. They have two bumper stickers, and one is for a half-marathon, and the other is for their local library.

They hate rap music but will never tell anybody that.

The kind of guy that doesn't appreciate Haring, is always forgetting Basquiat's name (but wants to tell you he loves him), and loves hashtagging Instagram posts of paperbacks on a patio with "#litlife".

This guy loves NPR, but ferociously hates Car Talk.

That guy loves U2.

No my friend, I hate U2, but I give them the credit they deserve.

>ywn see ZooTV-era U2 live

Why live?

>Where is U2's influence in 2017? Where was it in 2005?

For better or worse, everywhere. Maybe you'd notice it if you ever actually heard a U2 album lmao.

So you're just making up characters out of your imagination and using it as fact? Come on man.

How can someone be so self-satisfied about being such a mediocre piece of pseudo-acerbic bourgeois trash?

Wow are you on your period XD this is so not a big deal

So one guy you know?

>They have had next to no lasting impact and influence

You can hear U2's blatant influence even on indie rock, there's a reason why Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem have frontlined so many festivals. The arena-friendly sound didn't come out of nowhere.

I know, how do U2 fans put up with themselves?

I guarantee that this describes no one who has ever lived.

WHo he FUCK hates Car Talk????????? Impossible

Moron

>How long do you want to keep that up? Where is U2's influence in 2017? Where was it in 2005?
Most "alternative" aka woah-oh vocalled groups are indebted to them. Radiohead and Kanye West have cited them as influnces.