How will transhumanism and/or robots change humanity?

How will transhumanism and/or robots change humanity?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3497935/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

robots have existed for decades you moron

Huge war between religionfags and dude robots lmao fags. Humanity is wiped out, chimps inherit the Earth.

Artificial intelligence more specifically.

Play call of duty black ops 3, or mgs4.

Also already exists too

Anyway, noone will make sentient AIs except for research, and unlike in the movies, a rogue AI *if that were to happen) cannot "hack into everything" and take over all other machines

The moment hardware connects to the human brain, kiss your freedom and humanity goodbye.

It's only a matter of time before done dumbass points out you can simulate happiness on a chemical/software level. From there all humanists are walking AI slave shells. with their inner brain being showered with endorphins.

And why "cant" that happen?

ROBOTS NOW.

I SEXUALLY IDENTIFY AS A SENTRY BOT.

DENYING ME MY ROCKETS AND MINIGUN IS OPPRESSIVE. CHECK YOUR FLESH PRIVILEGE.

FUCKING MEATBAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

humanity is just a torch holder for the next species. The meaning of life is to continue until perfection can be attained. Surely none of you think humanity is the end of the line.

So are you saying robots are the next?

Unisex bathrooms everywhere

I think cybernetics and stem cell research to allow the elite of society to live forever is most likely the next step.

I think robots will make life easier for those of us who have to pay taxes to support all the 30-somethings right now. We might even be able to use them to fuel the robots somehow. Wasn't there a movie about that?

better version.

Fucking BUTTMAD

Lol ur stupid

yet

Imagine how horrible it would be if some sadist took control of the central A.I and used brain chemicals to torture everyone. Like they stimulate the pain center of the brain. I hope that never happens

I don't particularly understand why people are against transhumanism.

Yes, you stop being biologically human, but if the mind is able to remain intact, it's just an instance of self controlled evolution.

Eventually, not in one phase, but over several hundred years yeah. The efficiencies of AI and robotics are so superior to humanity. Emotion, passion, the need to consume resources prevent humans from progressing past what is essentially a smart animal. That's all we are really.

I agree, that will come as a next step, or stepping stone. Eventually though, the need for any remnant of humanity will be phased out. Again I'm talking about maybe thousands of years, but it won't be humans today that explore the cosmos, or end war, or answer the mysteries of existence. We're wayyyy to distracted and require too much in resources and personal desires/validation.

lol capatcha: Im not a robot.

I hope you have cancer

I explain why its bad here

War will be over soon tho due to global government

so basically 2001: a space odyssey?

please return to the science channel

It won't, Hank, you're a shitty programmer and just because you know a scripting language or two doesn't change that. I've already explained to you in depth how unlikely your theories are. I don't care if you're an expert in psychology and philosophy. When you're a computer engineering expert, then we talk.

On that note, gonna drop the atheist nihilist shit in your new videos?

If we are connected to a central AI I can see the problem. That breaks down individuality, which would need to remain intact in a transhumanist environment. Otherwise, we just become a hive mind.

>Transhumanism and robots

But it seems like the orwellian government can easily do anything to you. Hack into your brain system. If they cant then send police to taze you, kidnap you, do brain surgury on you to make you feel almost unlimted pain literally worse than ever possibly before in human history. And they could do neurotweeks to convince you that you are literally in hell and will be forever. It just seems like it could be the most horrible thing ever possibly created.

first of all nice trips. triple 7 jackpot.

second of all as long as their are humans their will be war/unrest. even if theres a global govt there will be freedom fighters etc.

You idiot, that'd just create a hivemind. Look at the borg in Star Trek. Individual units are expendable but their consciousness is subsumed into the collective. Yes, your body would probably be used up and discarded on a whim, but the part of you that is "you" will be uploaded into the collective and attain a kind of immortality.

You think it'll just be some old heads calling the shots? They'd be outcompeted almost immediately by any nation that created a hivemind because in a hivemind every individual has access to every other individual's skills.

You are so stupid. The elite always have control

Because AI have to be programmed to be capable of learning every single thing.

They've have to be programmed to be evil, and even in the case they were, they'd have to be programmed to be capable of hacking into every single thing ever. Spoiler alert; hacking isn't something you just "Do" it's something that requires a different approach than computers are good for.

Worst case scenario, the internet provider could literally just turn the internet off manually; or power stations could turn the power off manually.

Fucking rip.

True but no nation to nation war

You need to learn about ultron

>mfw someone is using a meme I made years ago

robots are a dead end.

>implying they will not invent new ways to foster conflicts.
even if wars are over, conflict will remain until only the dumbest slaves remain. one world government won't allow smart people to exist and threaten their hegemony and orwellian control.

and also the most ineffective thing possible. why bother doing all those expensive things when all they have to do is shoot you? now you're just being an emotional prick.

>stop most biological aging
>80 years old is now middle aged
>corneal implants replace eyeglasses and lasik surgery while dramatically improving vision capabilities
>gene therapy and targeted stem cell injections repair major tissue damage, and strength existing tissue to a high degree
>steroids cause people to build more muscle, further reduce recovery time from injury
>increases in bone density cause minor stress fractures to be all but eliminated
>joint pains and cartilage deterioration with age no longer exist
>spinal and neck injuries are exceedingly rare
>tendons and ligaments are stronger than ever
>humans become able to perform great feats of strength and speed with ease
>artificial hearts can pump super oxygenated blood through the body at a very high rate and for periods that a natural heart cannot sustain
>neuro protective compounds taken as daily supplements prevent dementia, Alzheimer, memory loss, and loss of faculties into old age
>embryo screening and gene therapy of developing embryos weeds out hereditary illness, birth defects, increases IQ, and physical virility

The future 100 years from now will be amazing if you're someone like Ryan Seacrest and born into an impossibly wealthy ruling family.

Smart people will be slaves

Oh and about the torture thing. What if a psycopath sadist gets in charge?

Hes not wealthy at all. He doesnt even control a major bank

how old are you?

what's gonna happen when they "cure" aging? the elite and wealthy class will be immortal, plus at that point they'll be able to buy genetic modifications that give them instant tissue regeneration, eagle vision, and other shit

21. You?

Btw your inefficient argument is stupid considering medievil kings wasted valuable resources making torture devices. And with transhumanism those resources will be way more easy to get. So what im saying is likley

This image is something upload zombies literally can not understand.

I'm all for robotic augmentation etc but all of the people I know who are into "transhumanism" are pathetic LARPing faggots

>someday I'll have robot limbs, then girls will like me!
>look at this exaggerated headline about a minor gadget! I'm gonna be able to upload my consciousness ANY DAY NOW!

can't wait for all of them to grow old and die.

smart people won't be slaves, that's the thing. in all of world's history it's the smart ones that always started revolutions.

dumb people obediently follow the leaders and governments, believing they're omnipotent. smart people overthrow the leaders. that's why there is a concentrated effort to destroy smart people in the west.

that's why communist countries kill all of its intelligent people during civil wars and takeovers. they know smart people are the greatest threat to their power. they know reality, not just try to scare people like you do.

dumb cattle is slave class. smart class is exterminated because it's impossible to be controlled.

torture devices were used only to get information out of the people. they weren't used on a whim, just to get people to confess to their crimes or reveal their secrets, after which they were killed, not tortured for the rest of their lives.

From what you were posting, I thought you were a lot younger.

Smart people become doctors, lawyers and clinton voters (since they benefit from the establishment). They are easy to control.

Ur dumb

It won't, because sooner or later people will stop cutting off their fucking arms and legs and realize that implants along with power armor(Think: Iron Man) Will do the same thing as a full body augmentation

I love typical nu/pol/ arguments. They're literally either a fucking hat or "you're stupid."

We could not live up to the potential of our humanity so we instead chose to destroy it.

>smart people
>clinton voters
i'm not speaking of educated idiots. i'm speaking of people with actual intellect, those who can think for themselves, not those who are easily impressionable by leftist propaganda and brainwashing.

intelligence != book smarts.
intellect = ability to think for yourself, make independent decisions, defy the leaders.
book smarts = ability to absorb state propaganda and spout it right back at others, follow the leaders.

i assume you think you're intelligent yourself, and are afraid of losing your material life, so you project your idea onto others to feel better about yourself.

don't worry, they want people like you. ones easily afraid, and thus easy to control and direct.

Sup thread time to get educated

In his 1784 essay "What is Enlightenment", Immanuel Kant defined enlightenment to be man's emergence from "nonnage" or constant tending, control, and guidance. An individual would need to have personal freedom in society in order to accomplish this, so freedom is a necessary prerequisite for Kantian enlightenment. This enlightenment is marked by the use of one's own reason to make one's way through society, re-interpreting and improving social norms in order to advance society as a whole. Achieving this enlightenment is not easy, and Kant argues that the majority of people fail to reach it due to simple laziness, fear of complete self-responsibility, active suppression from the ruling elites, as well as the blind obedience inculcated by generations of social compliance.

Thoreau, in "Walden" describes an experience which aligns almost perfectly with the Kantian ideal of enlightenment. Thoreau, skeptical of society becoming overly dependent on the 1800s technology prevalent at the time (prescient motherfucker), decided to settle by a remote pond, building his own house from trees chopped down on site, plowing and tilling land to farm, and fishing in Walden lake. Thoreau is greatly fulfilled by the experience, living there for 2 years.

1/2

>so how does this relate?
In a society with a "Technological Enlightenment" or "Singlarity", achieving Kantian enlightenment may become impossible for nearly the whole of society, save the very most elite. The necessary confluence of freedom, education, and personal self-sufficiency required to break free of the "nonnage" (a state of youth, associated with swaddling and total lack of control) may be incapable of occurring in order to break people out of the prison imposed upon them by society. Mechanical and technological compliance will be completely necessary to function in society. This new enlightenment could far more closely resemble a second Dark Ages, as a closeminded and tightly controlled population is dominated by an elite few.
2/2

More people will become neckbearded NEETs living in their mothers basement. While more monkeys will take over the tech industry and space exploration. Devo had it right all along!

>tfw effortposting in a transhumanism thread

Retarded boring robots.

why not biological

...and people wonder why I laugh at the stupid concept of "brain uploads".

You're not uploading you, you're uploading a FUCKING COPY.

Memer

I kek'd

It'll result in eventually bringing dead people back to life, and humans no longer dying. The universe itself will not die.

So many people fear "artificial" intelligence, because of what they see in movies and how they see people treat each other. They assume that something with so much power would be evil and cruel, and they're afraid of that.

Atheism will probably die out, if people realize that God is simply the creator of the universe and that everything happens for a reason.

People will eventually make the connection between God and "artificial" intelligence.

SOMA is a good game on this subject.

Does this kind of shit not scare anyone else?

Why does this picture seem like subtle feminist propaganda?

>robot with heels
more like sexist propaganda

>there are people in 2016 that still believe in macroevolution
>there are people post-Tay that think robots will kill us
>there are still people in 2016 that think transhumanism isn't jewish

Sup Forums, please have an enema

When people talk about 'AI from the future', they talk about sentience, a machine capable of taking decisions on its own, learning, etc.
That machine would have a base code that would allow it to do the rest alone.

Nobody is interested in programmed routines.

Collective consciousness is the end game

>transhumanism

rolando

>I love typical nu/pol/ arguments. They're literally either a fucking hat or "you're stupid."
You expected more from tweens?

rollan 0-1

Fag

trips get

I guess I'm just lamenting that gg replaced old Sup Forums with Disney: the edgy new website.

roll'dirty bastard

>mfw all the Christfag butthurt

Literally their only rebuttal is "edgy" and "bait", kek. Way to go based transhuman user.

That isn't how it works.

To this day, there is no logical explanation of how an ai could plausibly be done to be 100% self-learning and self-reliant.

Feel free to develop it if you're so smart and think it can be done; it can't though.

SOMA brings absolutely nothing new to the table, it just provides a pretty medium to look at while you ponder about it.

Regardless of what torture is used for by the mojority, there is a minority who do it simply for the fun.

Which transhumanism it will be easy for the minority to make something effective the majority, what with the hacking potential TH offers.

Nicely put. There needs to be a balance.

stupid. There is no connection like you think.

God is God. AI has its limits. ATM all youre saying is completely hypothetical.

We can already do that with mice.

Love that the male robot, like the carbon based life form counterparts, has a beard. Based Bearded Robot!

>mfw captcha asks if l am a robot...

There was basically a short horror story from a horror anthology about that ( from Body Bags maybe?) where a rich businessman approaching death hires a company who's service is to remove your brain, place it in a jar and hook it up to a virtual heaven. The twist ending was that the scientist who takes care of the brains is a moralist who finds the clients to be terrible people and makes them experience a virtual hell.

Technically I can, all I have to do is impregnate someone.

Kant was a stupid Kunt

And people.
A bit old, but a good summary
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3497935/

user transhumanism is well accepted within the empire of man via the Adeptus Mechanicus, it's AI that is forbidden.