Holy shit this is so fucking good

Holy shit this is so fucking good

big if true

what band is this?

Modest Mouse

You might get some shit for saying that on Sup Forums, but it's a masterpiece. Every song is epic. Not fan of the rest of their stuff, with the exception of their debut EP which you should check out if you haven't.

YOU BETTER LOOK OUT BELOW

Yes. I was lucky enough to see them live when they were touring this album. This and their self titled EP are the highlights of their catalog by a fair stretch.

too bad everything they made after this is pure shit

>the suburbs
>neon bible
>pure shit
come on, now.
reflektor and everything now are shit but don't undermine The Suburbs. even Neon Bible was pretty good, not amazing, but certainly not shit

why is the debut album always the best one

Suburbs is a humble fresco of ordinary life in the city. Not coincidentally, there are frequent echoes of the masters of the genre, starting with the marching and soulful The Suburbs and with the hard-rocking and bouncy Ready to Start (a` la Cheap Trick), both delivered in a mood that artfully blends joy and melancholy. The singer's soft crooning sails over steady and simple rhythms, barely disturbed by the instrumental arrangements, yielding atmospheric ballads in a tone that becomes progressively more poignant and hypnotic via Modern Man and Rococo (with its grandiose minimalist crescendo leading to a pow-wow dance of sorts). The frantic Empty Room shifts gear, propelling the album into an almost cosmic dimension while celebrating loneliness. Something similar takes place a few songs later, with the explosive rockabilly of Month of May. Half Light comes in two parts: the first one (a dialogue between both singers) is a gentle lullaby that goes nowhere while the second one, propelled by a pounding techno beat, sounds like a religious psalm. The Kinks-ian leitmotiv returns in Deep Blue, while We Used To Wait returns to the suspenseful tone. But the real shock comes at the end with the two-part Sprawl, each part being the exact opposite of the other: Flatland is a slow and dense orchestral aria worthy of a Broadway musical, while Mountains Beyond is an Abba-style disco ditty. The message (as embodied in the music) therefore becomes cryptic as the theme moves away from the city.
The melodies rarely soar. There are no significant refrains/choruses, just a relatively plain colloquial chanting.

No pressure, no expectation, the bands unique sound is usually it's purest and most compelling on the first album.

Yeah it's a fucking solid album
>the retards saying you'll get flack on Sup Forums for this
it was Sup Forumscore for a large period of time
>before they went pop?
yes

Why dont get why this is on sub Sup Forums core
Its far better than Kid A and almost every Radiohead album

I'd say it's only worse than OK Computer but every other album by Arcade Fire is worse than any other radiohead album also did you get a stroke when you wrote that first sentence

Easily their best. Neon Bible and The Suburbs aren't quite as good but still great, Reflektor has a few great tracks but a lot of filler, and the new singles are shit

Oh I forgot, listen to their self titled EP, OP, it's up there with Funeral for me, only slightly below

is that so

who knew

arcade fire are literally the definition of mediocrity - they are what i use to measure forgettable, uninspired groups against.

What are your favorite artists?

Tremendous album, believe me.

It's in the fuckin' picture you retard
Arcade Fire

Being Sup Forums-core doesn't mean an album necessarily has to be good, it's more about how frequently it is discussed here.

these dubs prove it's shit

Coldplay for me, Arcade Fire are the definition of BARELY acceptable

Stupid faking album cover.
Who holds a pen like that?

What?

Neon Bible is way better than the Suburbs, you fucking RETARDDDD

can you not read english

Yeah, i think (Sup Forums will throw rocks at me) Neon Bible is their weakest (it has some really good songs tho) and i never finish The Suburbs, its really TOO long, so Funeral > Reflecktor > The Suburbs > Neon Bible