Remember when American TV shows were so afraid of criticizing the Obama administration that they resorted to making...

Remember when American TV shows were so afraid of criticizing the Obama administration that they resorted to making jokes about a Canadian mayor who smoked crack because they were that desperate for a target?

You do realize how ludicrous it was that a mayor of a major city was known to have smoked crack and was suspected to smoke crack while in office? Rob Ford was perfect clown college material - and a good precursor to Trump.

It's still Canada though

Canada is just an extension of Vermont

He was mayor of toronto, not some little shit hamlet. Very odd and out of the ordinary for the mayor of the biggest city in the country to smoke crack and be visibly drunk constantly. Wasn't exactly the daily show grasping at straws

>eight years
>zero jokes about the President of the United States
>""""political satire"""""

Robbie was a good boy, he dindu nuffin

So much for stiffer penalties for crack being "racist".

Apparently if it targets anybody, it targets fat Canadian mayors.

I haven't watched the Daily Show since high school--IE the entirety of the Obama Administration, and I guarantee I can find a Daily Show skit that makes fun of Obama and drones, Obamacare, and Obamaphones.

Doubling Down: you're an assmad partisan shill faggot.

The Daily Show often reported on the current events of other countries.

Hasnt South Park criticised Obama before?

>it's a 2 dozen MSM outlets all gang up on fox news for being biased episode

RIP
As much as people made fun and talk shit, a lot of people loved him and despite the crack and alcohol and marijuana trafficking, people remember him fondly.

This shot looks like its from A Current Affair lmao. I can't wait to hear about shoddy builders on Jon Stewart

>and I guarantee I can find a Daily Show skit that makes fun of Obama and drones, Obamacare, and Obamaphones.

Literally the only time Stewart talked shit about Obama was when he wasn't Liberal ENOUGH.

>being surprised that a late-night talkshow that needs fresh material daily goes for easy topics

Nigga was dealing with cancer and the stress of being mayor. Pour a forty for him.

Except they did whole episodes about drone strikes,Obamacare website, NSA.
Not true but move the goalposts more buddy youre getting stronger from carrying it

If you'll recall (you won't, retard), the Daily Show made a point to criticize Obama and Holder for Fast and Furious.

In what reality are you living

Get back to your containment board, you Sup Forums piece of shit. And then go die in a fire.

leaf detected

>It's a retarded conspiracy theorist doesn't think that the most-viewed cable news station isn't mainstream media episode

Rob Ford was a kind soul and he cared about the white working man. Of course the Daily Kike Jon Leibowitz would go after him.

RIP

this lil nigga so mad lmaoooo

>mad because Obama is a C- president and isn't the comedic treasure trove that was the Bush administration.

>toronto
>white
wew

The last time I was in Toronto it looked like it was mostly Asian...

Wait he died?

Nothing will beat Dan Quayle. I still can wrap my mind around him having a "successful" career.

This is not the case, at all. Speaking as someone from Toronto, I can tell you that he was deeply hated by many in the city, province, and country. A bumbling, racist and sexist moron who fucked with many of the city's services and resources. It was like having a technical high school dropout run New York City. A complete and utter shitshow.

The white population is average for a major North American city and the downtown core is mostly white.

>Obama is a C- president
Not to say I disagree, but who was an A or a B on this scale? I need to calibrate.

>he believes this

There were jokes about Obama, not as many as Bush but there were.

Your going to defend the mayor of a major city, while he smokes crack, drinks himself to death, appears intoxicated and disheveled to court and office, and generally internationally shames the city he represents? Is it because he called himself a conservative?

He lowered taxes and was a refreshing change from the usual SJW shit that Toronto is known for. Of course you faggots hated him. He'd be well loved if he ran in other places.

I'm not from there thankfully but it is true. The minorities are all in their own ethnic enclaves and the downtown is white.

wew lad, just give up

>kind soul
Doug please, we know you don't conside his wife that he beat a person, but most of us do consider women people.

Donald Trump is an A+

A - Reagan
B - Bill Clinton
D - Bush Senior
F - W Bush

It comes down to personal opinion but

A
>Teddy Roosevelt
>Dwight Eisenhower
>George Washington

B
>Woodrow Wilson
>James Polk
>Harry Truman
>Lincoln

Criminally Underrated
>Andrew Jackson
>George H.W. Bush

Overrated as Fuck Tier
>FDR
>Reagan
>Thomas Jefferson
>Bill Clinton

beat it pinko

We've already veered out of Sup Forums related content, but I'd like to know why you consider Eisenhower to be an A level president

>Andrew Jackson

cancer

remember when Hillary has been largely shown to be embroiled in a "Pay for Play" scandal? Oh lets talk about some drunk olympian that no one cares about

>Bill Clinton
>B President
>Commodity Futures Modernization Act
>Community Reinvestment Act
>2 grades above Bush Sr.
kys faggot

>hated by many in the city, province, and country
Just like Toronto itself

Is Jon Stewart seriously making fun of a guy who passed away?

>Reagan
>any grade above a D
Holy shit lmao

The focus on building and suring up infrastructure and education (including the foundations of NASA, reinforcing America's global position while completely blunting communist expansion. Basically a presidency where he did everything right.

Is Jackson the most problematic president?

Literally >muh commies the president

Wilson seemed pretty useless to me, especially compared to Polk and the like. What did Wilson do that was so important?

An uneducated person generally needs summary labels for people or institutions he/she knows very little about and you're doing a good job of fitting in to that pinheaded type of voter.

>A - Reagan
I would have accepted a C desu but even that'd be pushing it.

Created the Federal Reserve Act and Federal Trade Commission, greatly expanded America's position in global politics. Think he was sitting when the 16th and 17th amendment were passed as well.

Nah that's Nixon.
Nigga was flat out indignant in his assholery.

He's up there

It wasn't just that he smoked crack, or that he was smoking crack while in office, or that he lied about it, or that he was routinely showing up at city hall and big city events blitzed out of his mind. The big thing, and the reason he got caught and the whole circus started in the first place, was because he was smoking crack in the crack house of his drug dealing thug buddies and someone there decided to film it and use it as blackmail against him. Ford came from a wealthy family but was white trash through and through. He had a lot of shady friends and did more than a few favours for them while he was mayor.

Shame that he got cancer because he was a hilarious train wreck. Granted, it probably wasn't as funny for the Torontonians who had to suffer having him as mayor but fuck those pricks anyway, they deserved him.

Except Teddy did more for Global politics than Wilson, with the Great White Fleet, Panama Canal and peace-keeping between Japan and Russia. Likely would have done better when it came to WW1 as well but we'll never know, Wilson mucked that up a bit. Fucked up the League of Nations idea too and the treaty of Versailles.
Wilson's second term was mostly him being a vegetable due to a devastating stroke too.

Both the 16th and 17th Amendments predate him. The 18th and 19th were during his time.

Actually I'm mocking you because you seem to view Eisenhower as some kind of visionary builder but in point of fact he was using the post war economic boom to build a highway system with the specific purpose of being able to transport nuclear missiles across the country and investing in educational efforts with a thrust towards defense. These were essentially reactionary efforts to the perceived strength of the Soviet Union due to their early successes in the space race, and what did they end up bolstering?. The very thing he spent his farewell address to lamenting, the Military Industrial Complex. While he wasn't doing that he was golfing. Truly an A level president

>Except Teddy did more for Global politics than Wilson

That's why Teddy got an A. As for the League of Nations debacle I blame a lot of that on congress who wanted a return to isolationism. The founding nation not joining doomed the idea from the start.

I'd probably put Polk in A as well. He set out his goals before he took office and he achieved every one of those, in only 1 term like he promised.

James K."uck all Mexican Folk" Poke

After thinking about it, he's definitely A. Arguably the most underrated president in U.S. history.

what president could beat every other president in a fight?

Seriously miss that nigga, a true American born in a Canadian's body.

Fists, Pistols, Tactics?

Hard to say. Lincoln was ready to duel to the death with claymores at one point, Teddy Roosevelt was a Judo Champion, Jackson dueled and nearly beat an assassin to death.

Fuckers outright said he stole the 2012 election....

Jackson, Teddy, and Washington are top 3.

>while president, Jackson was shot by an assassin and proceeded to attack the man with his cane

I'd reckon since there wasn't much clever ways to make fun of Obama that doesn't involve low-brow, generic racist bullshit rather than people being afraid to make fun of him in general.

>Calvin Coolidge not criminally underrated
> Roosevelt nor overrated

wew nigger

>Literally the only time Stewart talked shit about Obama was when he wasn't Liberal ENOUGH.

Because that's honestly the truth.

The republicans have so far right, they don't recognize that Obama would easily pass off as a moderate Republican back in the mid 80s to mid 90s.

If you mean an A in systematically setting up shit that would damage this country in the long run, I can see why you gave Ronnie Raygun an A.

Doesn't matter. I'm from TO, and was backpacking in Europe around that time and everyone was talking about Rob Ford every time I mentioned where I was from. It got annoying.

As crooked as Nixon was, at least he was qualified for the presidency as opposed to Sup Forums's "lord and savior" SeƱor Orangutan.

Make fun of him for being a literal primadonna manchurian candidate. If you had been paying attention for the last 8 years, you would know that he has been the Michael Scott of presidents.

>tfw you decide to have a leisurely golf game with the head of viacom to discuss plans for ramming through the TTP on the day that your Egyptian military buddies are massacring thousands of people and because you are totally oblivious to how that is relevant to your interests you send your junior ass-licker in a pink polo to talk to the reporters you mistook for paparazi hanging out on the side of the green
>yfw Kerry has to rush out and take an impromptu damage control session with the press corp because of how horrible the optics of you in your faggy yellow striped polo next to the literal Juniors of Zion on the day of a horrifying massacre is

Nigger shouldn't have been allowed to sell paper products, let alone run the country.

>afraid
>Jon Leibowitz
Oh goy

of course he was qualified; he was crooked

He was a corrupt clown but because he was in bed with Harper he's become a weird venerated figure to conservatives here. Shit's fucked. I remember these people used to skewer Layton for showing up to work in sandals as disrespectful but it would appear showing up drunk and body checking people is telling it how it is.

>1 post by this ID

Did you ever even watched this show while Stewart was hosting?

Granted, it's basically "In Living Color" now. (Saw three episodes under the new host without seeing a single white guy.) Wonder how much time before it gets canceled.

>give Obama shit for golfing and his family vacations but don't mention the insane amount of Dubya's absence in his presidency pre-9/11

Fuck off.

lol why are canadians such faggots? How can you be this assmad about a figure like Ron Ford when he is objectively the most compelling political figure you have produced in the entire history of your stupid ass country (I am not exaggerating here).

Do you really prefer that any time somebody check in on your history or current affairs they find "Crown's local regent Bot A" or "American corporate scion husk B" managing you like the little automatons you are?

Why do Canadians actually relish their image as complaint little teletubbies?

I thought this breed of political shitposting died out in 2010.

>implying Jon Stewart would be guilty of this if he had chosen to engage satirizing the Obama presidency on this issue anyway

kill yourself

This is literally untrue

In fact Stewart was the first one to call out Obama about nothing really changing one year into his term

>I thought this breed of political shitposting died out in 2010.

Good i'm that bastion of light still burning bright.

Better to be that parasitic alt-right feces.

>american political """""concerns""""
>LIEK DOOD WHO CARES IF THE GUY MANAGING THE BIGGEST CITY IS INCOMPETENT THINK OF LE MEMES

You forgot to take your meds today.

classy

They are still afraid of criticizing Obama. Now you can include Hillary. They portray Trump as the anticrist because he's not a part of the evil schemes.

Son of a bitch, I just realize I fucked up.

Should've been "better to be that than parasitic alt-right feces".

Goddamn lighting speed typing. Always causes me to botch shit.

>Now you can include Hillary.

But people have been criticizing Hillary for the past 25-30 years, pal. Like...longer than when either Dubya or Obama were on anybody's radar.

Remember when she was with Al Gore trying to regulate video games? A lot of people were shit-talking her then, though that ultimately caused people for make a big fucking mistake in the 2000 election.

>le ameriggan shiggy diggy

>actually pretending you are in charge of managing your own affairs in the first place

You are the people obsessed over his image, not us. We only know about Rob Ford the crack smoking shit talker because Canadians could not find it in themselves to stop obsessing over those ancillary personal foibles long enough to explain why he is actually the sleeaze ball incarnate that you all insisted he was.

So, what we are left with is basically Bluto from Animal House and a bunch of people who insist we should find everything he stands for detestable purely on the basis of these antics. It makes you look like a country of asperger riddled hall monitors.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, his personal character reflects nothing about the temperament governing Toronto because you retards don't actually insist on any level of genuine local autonomy.

The fucking DEA is allowed to cross your border and scoop up anybody they want at any time for fucks sake lmao. How is that even a country? Where is Canadian national sovereignty? Like, nigga, just close your eyes and invade their territory. Just walk away from their parliament and make up your own rules then add them to treaties they have no choice in. lmao

Ford cared more about the actual citizens of Toronto than Miller did. All Miller gave a shit about was making Toronto look like a cultured, sophisticated, forward thinking city. I'm not sure he ever realized that Toronto had people living in it.