Anyone here with OCD? Share your stories

Anyone here with OCD? Share your stories.

> 24 yo living alone
> Used to check doors, faucets, stove, etc. every night for 10 mins when 17yo.
> Checking time was around 30 mins to an hour when 20.
> Now I can't sleep anymore, I can't stop checking stuff.
> Usually I just wait until I'm exhausted enough to pass out on a chair.
> Two nights ago I left my place and paid for a hotel room just to sleep in a bed without freaking out like a normal person.
> I'm so fucking tired.

same

Have you found any way to deal with it? This shit is killing me, I just want to sleep.

Reminds me of my anxiett, used to pull all nighters turning into being up for a week due to panic and adrenaline. Now i just do xanax when i get bad. Moral of the story is g
et yourself some xanax op.

I can't man, I was a huge addict. If I get my hands on downers again I'll pop 'em like candy.

Try using a timer. Instead of getting rid of it one night, just try increasing the time In between you are checking stuff. So you said 10m, so next time set a timer for 20 minutes one day and gradually increase. Take pictures of whatever you are checking on so you can look at it on your phone too if you can't beat the timer.

What are you checking them for?

You will never know true horror until you must equalize all that you feels.

>checks to see if the door is still there
>"yup still there"

Checking dubs post

Try having a clear head when you check shit out. Do some breathing and don't check you phone or whatever.

Seriously, have a clear mind and think about what you're doing. Might help

I have it, used to be a LOT worse when I was younger but has gradually gotten better especially since being with my partner.

Not them but it's generally simple silly stuff like is the door fully shit and locked, is the faucet off. The trouble is when you keep needing to check it or you need to check absolutely everything and it begins to affect your life.

You need to do plenty of physical exercise and get laid to take your mind off petty bullshit like that.

ITT: White people problems

Same here, but less checking time. But still struggle to sleep due to anxiety

Better than nigger problems.

Did you check Dee's?

As someone who was raised as a worthless nigger, I can assure you that most of this "OCD" is nothing compared to the reality of the subject.

I get you, i was addicted to being numb for a while but then i got out of the pit and actually ended up with less anxiety then i had before which is pretty uncommon as people usually get worse after having to face reality and their mental illnesses again

I tried the timer but when I try to rush it I end up laying all night in bed thinking about what happens if I fucked it up. Kinda the same with pictures.

I'm glad it got easier for you man. I've noticed that when I'm not alone I don't check as much either.

As long as you can check the phone and lay there looking at the timer on your phone, that's good. We just want the end goal for you to be able to lay in bed for a longer duration on time so you can be comfortable. Try this practice again it's fine if you worry about the timer, just don't get up and check on the thing you were worried about.

Have you considered suicide

Smoke a fuckton of weed and you won't care as much

Not sure mine is quite that bad, but we have over 1000 DVDs, and lord knows how many game discs in the dining room (we're both gaming collectors) and each and every disc is the "right way up" inside the case.

If we buy anything new in town, I have to open it up on the way home, straighten the disc, then put it back in the bag. I can't not do it.

If I put a disc in a laptop, or PS4, or anything else, it has to be the "right way up" going in.

That's normal, right?

I'll try to keep that attitude in mind.

Daily.

My favorite chemical of all time. It's called fuckit.

I smoke regularly. I do the same on every drug except acid but acid won't let me sleep so it's kinda the same.

Haha, I used to do that stuff too man. I guess as long as it doesn't affect your daily life is not a problem.