So in all seriousness, how many of you faggots actually have autism? What's it like...

So in all seriousness, how many of you faggots actually have autism? What's it like? Most of the autistic people I've met have come off as condescending assholes with poor hygiene and severe social retardation. Why is it so hard to be semi-normal for a few hours a day?

The Loli and Waifu posters probably won't see this, so don't expect too many responses

Bump.

I must know

actual autist oldfag here
i have assburgers. heightened logical intelligence (aka i am good at programming, riddles, math and so on), lowered emotional intelligence (idk wtf people feel ... guess crying is a bad thing?)
and there are some random minor things that just overload me. Do the "you know what?" "what?" "ah nvm" vehemently enough and I will probably either punch you or throw my arms up in frustration and leave. Also sometimes i panic when im about to enter a really overloaded piece of public transport or just any loud, touchy, confusing place.
condescending asshole ... yes kinda, because many people aren't worth the effort (which honestly is just because people are a fuckton of effort) so its easier to push them away
poor hygiene ... nah i wash and brush before i leave the house its actually easier to follow a schedule
social retardation ... eeeh not more than any nerd i guess? i talk to people about things that interest me and i stop talking to them if they are not interested. best i am willing to do
aaaaand i am semi normal, if a bit quiet and ... well i dont do politeness, i fail at grasping irony and sarcasm (unless its very obvious) and i tend to just fuck off randomly without excusing myself (when i have enough)

> semi-normal
You do realize being 'normal' includes a whole lot of shit, which doesn't make sense when you think about it. Not to mention people are constantly lying/making false statements.

What an autistic statement. This guy is absolutely a retard.

Autism spectrum too fucked up to figure out. Always uncertain if I fit on it.

Here's your answer OP

Thanks for the insight, I'm a weirdo myself but not autistic. Not trying to be funny but how are you with women? Ever had sex? Any desire? Age?
It's honestly not that hard, all you have to do is listen instead of feeling like the world revolves around you. There's a balance, just like most autistic people aren't interested in hearing anything about anyone else, most non-autists like to hear from you, but autists have a way of trying to convince others that they are smart / important. Very annoying, what's with the inability to pick up on very obvious social queues?

can you divide a magnet by zero

Fucking hell

autism is a bunch of horseshit that is dreamed up to keep millineals thinking that they are perpetual victims. just more b/s from the left of the "spectrum". it used to be called being an asshole and a firm smack in the mouth pretty much took care of it.

Kek, isn't there an anime board that this would be more appropriate on? I guess autism and retardation are basically the same.

Never got tested, but I wouldn't be surprised. Then again, everyone is on the spectrum right.

Not sure what you're getting at. Is it the old argument 'we've been doing it like that for generations, everyone in the city does, so why don't you?!' ?

> non-autistic people like to hear from you
Never got that impression, at all. On the contrary, I always had the impression, autist like to talk about things, while most normies talk about themselves in roundabout ways.
> inability to pickup on social queues
As I said, I never got tested .But for me it's having to guesstimate, what the people want through a series of subtle implications. Just tell me to shut up, leave or whatever. Don't repeat how late it is, until I feel forced to leave.

Not an autist, but my GF has an autistic little brother. They actually cannot socialize because of neurological difficulties, it's impossible.

So you think the people that literally never leave their rooms and shit are capable of being normal?

It's a mix of people being really fucked and people not being able to deal with most aspects of modern culture. Which I find understandable, there is a lot of cognitive dissonance going on there.
> we're good, while bombing civilians
> we're the leader of the free world and defenders of democracy, also we're all corrupt
> we're here to save your soul, also we raped your son
And so on.
No, i didn't mean to single out the US.

If you're not a child, you should have learned social queues a long time ago. It's not anyone's responsibility to tell you that the conversation or interaction is over and it's not difficult to tell when. If it gets to the point where someone has to say something you're just going to look like a creep. This is my main problem with autists, very impatient and think everyone's mind is like theirs and things should work their way, if autists were so smart they would grasp the concept that everyone is different and it's very strange that they (of all people) cant

It's also they're endlessly coddled to the point they think anyone acting in any way they don't approve of is okay to abuse. It's alright, it's not like they'll face any consequences. This is coming from someone misdiagnosed as being on the spectrum who was nearly punched by an Autistic person. You can't complain you need to understand all the time.

Autism and retardation are literally the same exact thing. Go to sleep, OP. Before you get one of them to try to think KEK.

Not that guy but Autists are incapable of realizing they're being dicks in the first place. It's like dyslexia for social norms. I don't think pic related is this child's inability to deal with contemporary culture.

Share the story about almost getting punched? And I don't disagree. If just seriously like to know where the self entitlement comes from

Hahaha! Sorry but I pratically got lynched by Autists and SJWs for suggesting someone that unpredictable be kept on a harness so he couldn't assault anyone else. I became motherfucking suicidal at the thought of living my life around those people.

It's not about being taken by the hand. I just want clear communication. It takes less time, creates less misunderstandings and generally is more honest.
Also, if you realize that everyone is different, why don't you just communicate with autists in a way that they comprehend, wouldn't that be polite?
Instead you make statements along the lines of 'they are crazy and should be more like me', kinda what you claim they do, isn't it?
Also, if normies where so smart they'd realize that a lot of things are scams and detrimental to their health, yet they just keep on doing it.

Yeah, I think we need to differentiate between full blown autism and autism as in 'doesn't do well with social norms'

Employment must be difficult

Autism vs Spencer Reid Autism?

But that's like the definition of Autism, difficulty socializing and communicating.
And your point for this post was?

Never seen that character.
I'd say a mild autist wouldn't want to shake hands, because he knows that the hand of the other person could be contaminated. He will however shake it due to social constraints, but complain about having to do so.

Also, I think it's a nice example for things that are considered normal, but might not be good for you/society. Of course it's no real threat, but it makes sense from a hygienic point of view and in many countries greeting is done with little to no body contact.

You should watch Criminal Minds then.

I never claimed normies were very intelligent but most don't claim to be or feel above anyone. And you say it's not about being taken by the hand but I don't think you understand how awkward autists can make things and the uncomfortable situations they create. Some people don't have the heart to tell others to go away, others might find the straight forward approach offensive, etc...

Some might be afraid of being shamed for telling them to go away. Like their family member going hysterical screaming you're just prejudiced.

So if someone has an anxiety disorder or something and can't find the strength to hurt someone's feelings the autist is the victim in the situation? you just proved my point.

What point?

>someone doesn't want to hold my hand on social queues
>it's because theyre self centered and afraid of how others might see them
>has nothing to do with their personal feelings
>ME ME ME

Yeah the Autist is always the victim.

The point is, I can pick up on your queues and all the other normal stuff. It's just so much easier to make a clear statement about what you want, instead of leaving your partner to guess correctly. Why would you want to obfuscate the information in your conversation. Why not say what you mean?

> be in bed with girl
> ask her if she wants to fuck
> blushes and mumbles 'maybe' while smiling mischievously
> great, now if i do something I could be sued for rape
I get that she's acting like this because of how she was raised and society around her, but just say yes or no. Don't try to act in a way you think society tells you to. I don't care what you think society thinks you should be doing, do what you want and be open about it.

But it makes autist being a tat more intelligent than a normie quite realistic, at least in some regards.
Also, I get what you mean by the second part. I'm mostly talking about people with minor symptoms and you're absolutely right about people not wanting to tell them or their caregivers fucking up their understanding of the world and how it'll treat them
. But that's less the autism, imho, and more people around them fucking up the interactions. Not that I blame them, we probably have little idea of what is considered 'correct' behaviour, in that situation.
Similar to rape survivors suffering more from people telling them how horrible that was and that they are lucky to survive, than the actual rape

Well there is a great degree of infantilization of people with disabilities in general.

Agreed, could also be a reason for some freakouts.
Imagine being a somewhat capable human being, not able to fully communicate yourself and everybody treats you like a retarded child.
At some point I'd probably start to cry and shout in frustration to.

>implying Sup Forums is not an anime board
retard

Yeah I've found sci-fi is good at understanding that. It also leads to behavior related to Reactive Attachment Disorder. You bond with strangers because they're more likely to treat you as a human being.

I was so emotionally abused in special ed with infantilization due to my Autism misdiagnosis I have anxiety, depression, PTSD. I still will act somewhat surprised when people are nice to me, since I got so many messages I would just be a burdensome piece of shit or made to feel like one.

I didn't mean to link myself at the end.

Fuck you with your implication accusations which are really personal interpretations.

>Sup Forums random
>Sup Forums anime
>literally proving that autism and retardation are the same thing

Wut?

my interests are pretty normal compared to everyone else. honestly i only notice my spergs in social situations where i try REALLY hard to make conversation but i cant. i just cant ever think of anything to say unless im drunk.

i also fiddle around when im talking to people or get self concious about my stance and stuff but overall my autism aint that bad.

So are you an alcoholic?

You realize moot originally created Sup Forums as an anime board, right? Fucking newfag.

It's like the Assburgers South Park.

Never had a traumatic experience, but I notice similar behaviour, when I talk about my life.
People usually have compassion and tell me how I must have felt shitty at that time. Yet, I never noticed it, until very recently and still don't think of it as 'bad'.
On the other hand. I have a friend who has a handicap and he constantly complains about breaking free from his personality consisting of just being handicapped.
But that's in part because of his focus on it imho.

Totally love talking to strangers on trains. Best part is you can talk about everything, since you'll likely never see them again.

not an alcoholic but its pretty sad when i think about how ive only ever been able to speak to and meet new people when i drink.

I live in Norway, a country where everyone is too self centred and afraid of other people that they won't even sit beside eachother on the train. Really sucks, cause i would love being able to talk to strangers without beeing looked upon as weird.

You realize it's 2017 and the site has grown and has seperate boards right? Or does your autism (mental retardation) prevent you from understanding that too?

Well stuff like detention. I was very disturbed it was considered okay to legally hold me as a hostage. Some people say that's exaggeration. Yet I feel if any child has to beg to go home it's as traumatic as being kidnapped. They use the same techniques against prisoners of war.

This is a random board, where anyone can post anything as it's not illegal. Last time i checked, anime is not illegal.

Actual autism? No. Am I shit with people? Yes.

To be fair in that scenario, she's likely to say that not because society tells her to but because she is trying to tease and tantalize you with ambiguity. Obviously she wants it, but her irony is supposed to coax you to respond by acting on her.

I'm a pretty introverted person and I drink pretty heavily to escape it, shit sucks.

Yeah, I guess I need to be more patient with the autist that can't tell the difference between A and B, random and specific. I keep making the mistake of giving you retards the benefit of the doubt in having a single but of common sense.

>obvious bait is obvious
>not realizing it

I definitely have autism.

I was tested over a three day period, four hours each day. I had to fill out over 600 questions, do tons of different tests.

I'm on disability because of it, I take meds for depression and anxiety which help. Smoking weed helps me the most and I;m about to become a medical user.

It's pretty shitty, I'm 34 but have given up on dating. I have a driving phobia. Walking around social areas makes me feel really frustrated and awkward.

I'll answer any questions. I'm kind of happy considering my situation. I'll probably get a dog and live in a cabin eventually.

Didn't consider it a hostage situation, but immediately saw it as pointless, stupid behaviour, that doesn't teach you anything.
I think that's one of the things that make it so hard for people like you. You're technically right in your comprehension of the situation. It's just that everybody else has accepted it as normal and dismisses your worries, since they don't even try to understand your point of view.
> similar topic: circumcisions

Well, I usually have to initiate the conversations and often invite people into the current one, if they seem interested. Since they won't start by themselves. Germanys North-Rhine-Westphalians aren't known for their chattiness.

>being this blind to how severe your mental handicap is
>once again blaming someone else for your own issues

I have assburgers or whatever the fuck its called, I've been able to live a semi-normal life, with friends, girlfriend ect, but these past few years I've gone complete social tard and just like to be left alone all day, but I think this is due to drug addiction not the autism

They're too busy trying to control the sociopaths with consequences without considering you don't do that to students who are just trying to survive.

why did i laugh at this

Are you a virgin? Do you want to try sex? Do you get along better with fellow autists or normies? Do you have many friends? Live with parents?

Because it's funny.

But that's behaviour she learned from watching other women act that way.
I don't know, it feels like a scene from a series or movies to me.
Like she's just copying behaviour because
> that's how everybody does it

You're of course right about her wanting it.

Just buy her a yes pillow already!

When it comes to having autism, I feel like it's an evolutionary reaction that helps make people smarter as a whole.

As an engineer I can design things as good as anyone. "normies" can't do what I can. Everyone who has ever done something really new and amazing was most likely autistic, even dating back to the construction of the pyramids.

I learned calculus and advanced math when I was 12, I taught myself. I had an offer to go to college but had no real interest.

I had some dreams when I was younger, like starting a business and doing designing tech for NASA/DOD but I don't really care anymore.

If you've ever gotten in trouble with the law you'll understand how non lenient it is. Im an amerifat and contrary to what you might hear, uncle Sam cucks the whole country and it's fucking bullshit.

Autism is a medical condition

Correct, but also be aware, that most of them do not act like that because they're mean.
They just don't have a better system and aren't fully aware of the situation.
> we had an hour free time after school until parents picked us up
> weren't allowed to do homework, because it's 'home'work
> teacher complains after half a year
> we're not being quite and productive
What an idiotic situation.

Hah, next time. We split up yesterday, so maybe now I'll fine a girl that can articulate herself during sex.

I have no friends, I live with my parents.

I have had sex, I'm pretty decent looking, but I have a fear of STDs so even kissing gets me paranoid about disease.

I've had sex with four girls, all were short relationships and I was the one to end things because I felt so anxious and uncomfortable.

I'm on the autism spectrum and it's basically like when you don't understand something and it has to be explained /simplified for you multiple times, but it's like that with everything. And when it comes to my social life, it's basically non existent. I do have few friends and a partner but I TALKing to people drains me a lot (I get real angry and annoyed at everything ) so I only see people outside of normal things like school/work once or twice a month if I'm really up for it.

I don't. I just try my best not to get into trouble. I can't hold a job for fear of messing up. But hey it made me compliant and I guess that's what matters in life. I'm depressed so take that into consideration.

Yes of course bullies are always the victims.

Autism isn't a mental illness, it's a predetermined neurological abnormality.

Patterns exist, this means it is "normal".

you're being presumptuous about normies. Not all are idiots.

The functional autists I know learned how to recognize social queues, it just took them longer and more effort, plus socializing requires more effort. When I talk to them we're more blunt because I understand they're not just being rude and they find socializing less stressful that way, not that they're much for "socializing". They like to discuss stuff but shooting the shit and joking around doesn't do anything for them.

Think about it this way. For normal people socializing isn't just about communicating. They don't want it to be straightforward and blunt. Obviously things are different when you're talking to a cashier or some other kind of official business, but when people are just making conversation it's as much about how you interact with each other as it is about what you discuss. It's a basic animalistic need, like social-grooming, and autists don't have the programming to do it properly. They can learn to do it, but It's just effort and no reward for them. That's not to say autists don't like having company.

I meant the teachers, not your classmates.

Got any nudes? Why don't you want friends? That has to be depressing. On a normal day sitting in your living area, what's going on in your head? If you lived in the pre-technology era what do you think youd be doing?

being normal means being a normie, so yeeeaaaah, dont think there is someone normal here

Teachers can be bullies too.

Well put. Autists being self centered assholes confirmed.

No nudes bro, sorry.

I don't want friends because I was emotionally abused as a child/teen by my father and I literally trust no one.

On a normal day I have to read for about 4 hours, I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, and play counter strike.

In a pre-technology era, I would probably be a doctor. Autism in small colonies was a normal thing back in the day, as things have changed we are subject to too much stimulation.

In a group of 150, I would probably be a doctor, math teacher, whatever. I wouldn't have as many problems because there wouldn't be strangers, and trust wouldn't be such an issue.

Society is fucked in general most people are sheep and morons and don't think deeply so when they see someone that does they ignore them

sounds like some social anxiety mixed in there. You obviously can socialize instinctively if you're better at it drunk, you just overthink it the rest of the time. I'm the exact same way

Right, but what are you gaining from that realization and being paranoid from it? I understand it's fucked up too but I'm not going to let it control my entire short life. What are you going to die and take pride in realizing how fucked life was and spending the whole time angry about it?

I admit that because of my autism, I do think I am better than normies.

They have never thought of inventions that help millions of people. I definitely have. I have more to offer to humankind than an unintelligent average IQ person.

Autism is why we have electricity, computers, literally anything good was our creation.

The average 100 IQ being is stupid to me. Those people can't build a computer, fix their car, or even shop efficiently.

Autism is the real master race.

Autism supremacists go back to Wrongplanet and act like the Autism version of Stormfront racists there.

i ahve assburgers, i'm not a weeb (some animes are okay though), i hate furrys, trans, gays and any other tumblrina shit
i'm probably one of those you would feel are condescending and rude, but it's actually hard talking to people who think with their emotions, it's really fucking stupid
i have poor hygiene when i'm alone in my apartement, but shower when i leave the house, expect company etc.
since i'm a middle child i'm good at "the social game" but it's just not fucking worth it most of the time, since most people are fucking idiots who repeat mistakes over and over

i'm not overweight, would never wear a fedora

AMA if you want, i'll try to answer to the best of my ability

Very well put.
Especially the last part, that's how I often feel. I don't care how you present the information, just give it to me. Everything around the actual information 'social queues' and small talk seem to obfuscate the information more than they explain it. Also, every time you add any personal flavour to it, be it through speech, manners or implication, you're already changing the actual information.

> autist: it's raining
> normal person: it's raining all the time here!
> overly social person: It seems to be raining a lot, what a crappy weather, are you bringing your umbrella? I always have mine with me, since it rains so much here.

Also, I didn't want to imply all normies are idiots. Just that someone who doesn't want to partake in a ritual habit of society, because he thinks it's pointless/stupid/dangerous, doesn't have to be an idiot as well, he could be a trailblazer.

True

>can't even leave his mommy's house
>master race
Good one, user. Youd probably be very good at your interests if you actually tried but autists never do. Why don't autists control the world if you're so smart snd not delusional? Its good that you make the best of a shitty situation though. In reality you're just a normie who can't push aside the bullshit in life like normal people

No but being like everyone else and trying to blend in is stupid just focus on yourself and people who actually support and care about you and just embrace yourself

I think ur reaching a bit. It might be a sign of a new direction for our species but geniuses with proper social instincts definitely exist and I think being that is preferable. It's like sickle-cell anemia, the full blown disorder is bad for people but having it just a bit makes u immune to malaria. Like a genetic overshot.

It's always strange watching Law and Order SVU seeing adults care about children being terrified out of their minds. It always seemed any attempt to communicate my abuse was just another reason to punish me. Psychological abuse from the "behavior disordered" sociopaths they put in Special Ed with fragile students. They never faced consequences because they couldn't help acting like predator animals.

But in reality nobody is going to like you or want to be a part of your life if all you care about is yourself.

Can they tell if a child will be autistic in the womb? If so I'll abort that shit so fast

Because people with autism are too honest to be involved in politics, or even the pressure of being a CEO.

Socially I have zero patients. Watching someone use google is like watching a wounded animal trying to stand up, why are normies so fucking slow?

Anyways, my ideas about business involve working with investors that have millions if not billions of dollars, and that is intimidating to the point where it's too stressful to get involved.

Me begging people for money? Trying to prove myself?

I just don't care.

After a few ignored interactions with investors most people probably be more driven, but my ideas are aimed at helping a lot of people, and sometimes I don't think people in general deserve help.

I tried to contact Elon Musk once, never again. I was discussion billion dollar ideas but couldn't go into detail because of patent issues.

I don't really blame him, but I definitely won't try that again.