ITT: You americans tell if my impressions of the USA are right or wrong:

ITT: You americans tell if my impressions of the USA are right or wrong:

-Friendships are more superficial: People normally don't create very deep friendship bonds as people move around a lot. People are also more focused in what they want to do or achieve, as opposed to making friends
-Drug use is rampant: most people use drugs, from prescription, weed, to more strong shit, like heroin, meth, almost everyone uses drugs regularly or at least ocassionally
-Work defines a very big part of a person's life and personality, the way they dress, talk, think, everything
-There is so much going on within the USA, that not that much attention is paid about what is going on outside the USA
-Young people are not attached to their families in general. Talk very little to their parents etc
-People stereotype themselves a lot. If they are a geek, they dress/talk like a geek. If they are musicians they dress/talk like musicians. If they are bankers, they dress/talk like bankers, if you practice some type of sport you dress/talk like people that also do
-Its hard to really trust/count on other people there, as almost everyone is out for themselves
-Americans usually care less about what others think of them
-Celebrities are taken way too seriously, specially when they talk about politics and stuff

-Fat
-Stupid

drumpf is finished this tiem

As an American, I'd agree.

I think the first one is wrong but the rest are mostly true. Obviously there is a lot of exceptions with so many people, so you can find a lot of people who aren't shitty.

muricans are shit

I wouldn't call drug use rampant. Though it really depends on the area you're in.

>Friendships are more superficial

It's making me so god damn depressed out of anything else you listed. It's not this way in all your life until you get out of high school, then you see the forces of crony capitalism just ruin most of your friends. The socializing is absolutely miserable because everyone is so egotistical and just trying to further themselves. I don't even bother going to parties with a lot of people anymore, the last time I went I just sat by myself because I fucking hated almost everyone I met there after talking to them for 10 seconds. All they talk about is how much money they're making and their jobs. It's utterly fucking pathetic. If your friend starts making 2 more dollars than you, he starts hanging out with people making 2 more dollars. When he gets demoted, he calls you back. It's a society of disgusting social climbers. All I do is surf around and find a few souls out there who feel similarly to the way I do, that's why I partially come on Sup Forums, I am miserable and lonely sometimes.

Most of your other stuff is on point too OP.

I don't normally type this much but this was pretty dead on and has bothered me constantly for a very long time.

And on the flip side, you start seeing people who acted like they never gave a fuck about you for so long start becoming "interested" in you if you start making decent money. It all feels so fucking fake.

I have a legitimate physical illness, but half the reason I smoke pot is to get a little mental stimulation that society will not give me.

How is this? The moment you start talking about anything remotely intellectual or outside of someone's circle, they start looking at you with a dead blank face and start playing with their fucking iPhone.

Your average neighbor hates you, when you go outside half the people don't reply when you say hi, some are flat out rude, there is no socializing in your 20s with outsiders outside of your iPhone apps, and like I said before, every party ends up being a dick measuring contest. A bunch of stupid girls start talking to you once you make money, and start ignoring you when the income is slow. That's a big reason why so much divorce happens here. You play with a gamble with your wife if you get rich and stay rich, or you get rich and go poor.

I don't have a pic for copypasta

I think you understand American culture pretty well, except people here are far more sinister than you can imagine. They brag about the horrible shit they do to each other, and any association from a simple friendship to a love affair to an attachment to a family member is disposable, and people in America throw each other away forever for little things, sometimes for no reason at all. Atrocious human rights violations are committed by the police, who rampage across the country in a self-serving orgy of violence, drug addiction, rape, racist murder and lies; most Americans cheer them on like football stars. Assault, rape, and murder are more commonplace than they are in some of the shittiest African nations, but white Americans seem to think it's okay when they do it. They brag about their stupidity and violence, and everything they touch is so saturated with corruption they don't even bother to hide it anymore. Americans are the most evil people in all human history.

>-Friendships are more superficial: People normally don't create very deep friendship bonds as people move around a lot. People are also more focused in what they want to do or achieve, as opposed to making friends
No.

>-Drug use is rampant: most people use drugs, from prescription, weed, to more strong shit, like heroin, meth, almost everyone uses drugs regularly or at least ocassionally
Meh, not really. We're a rich country though, so people who want to get fucked up get fucked up. Would you prefer a different arrangement?

>-Work defines a very big part of a person's life and personality, the way they dress, talk, think, everything
Some truth to this for many people. Not as bad as Japan tho.

>-There is so much going on within the USA, that not that much attention is paid about what is going on outside the USA
Yeah, pretty much. One of the reasons we have a giant military is so day to day the average American retard doesn't need to give a fuck what foreign retards are doing. We pay someone else to worry about that shit.

>-Young people are not attached to their families in general. Talk very little to their parents etc
Not really, but independence is highly valued.

>-People stereotype themselves a lot. If they are a geek, they dress/talk like a geek. If they are musicians they dress/talk like musicians. If they are bankers, they dress/talk like bankers, if you practice some type of sport you dress/talk like people that also do
Tautology much?

>-Its hard to really trust/count on other people there, as almost everyone is out for themselves
Nah, we find people to cooperate with just fine.

>-Americans usually care less about what others think of them
Mostly true for better or worse

>-Celebrities are taken way too seriously,
specially when they talk about politics and stuff
No, but we do have corporate media that does push celebutards awfully hard.

We may lack nuance on occasion, but we get by pretty well.

I'm gonna go ahead and say a lot of this shit depends, this country is fucking huge and while some of that is true in some places, it's the complete opposite in others.

>>-Drug use is rampant
>Meh, not really

>>Young people are not attached to their families in general. Talk very little to their parents etc
>Not really

>>-Its hard to really trust/count on other people there, as almost everyone is out for themselves
>Nah, we find people to cooperate with just fine.

are you fucking serious? most kids throw their parents in nursing homes and give their kids "the boot" at 18 after treating them like babies for 17 years

i don't know one person who isn't on prescription drugs, weed, illegal drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.

ya that's why most of us feel the need for weapons / firearms in our houses because our trust level is through the roof.

Fuck off Bernie.

and weapons everywhere else we go.

"Americans are the most evil people in all human history."

You forgot Waluigi, cunt.

You don't get out much, do you?

i do actually, you've probably never left the states and don't know any better.

Very true OP certain places in America are very friendly but nowadays no one wants to connect with others or try to understand each other and focus on status and money then they grow old and waste away as medicated zombies that can barely function

OP here

>Meh, not really. We're a rich country though, so people who want to get fucked up get fucked up. Would you prefer a different arrangement?
not at all, i actually appreciate that level of freedom. imo it should all be legal anyway. its just fucked that the usa was the first one to prohibit everything, and now import so much drugs, making thugs rich elsewhere. just legalize everything, and have business paying taxes selling it, not violent idiots

>Nah, we find people to cooperate with just fine.
i dont mean cooperation. i mean , for instance, you are fucked with money, you have some friends or family members you can count on or something like that.

im gonna have to disagree with this one. im originally from brazil, id rather have a somewhat oppressive police than fucking gang-members running around doing whatever they want and being treated like victims. i actually find ridiculous celebs in the usa talk about prohibiting guns when they themselves walk around with armed security men

lol'ed hard hahah

Sure thing Chomsky.

sure thing drumphtard. how's the wall going?

Don't worry, you'll be OK little fella.

old meme. drumph sucks. go play with ur little christian zionist circumcised pee pee.

American here, have to agree about drug legalization. If we legalized it, people would be less inclined to explore the taboo and give us all the money instead. But having people to depend on and camaraderie like that still exists here but independence is the main concern.

Maybe I can help. American,former USMC, currently living in UK.
1.)
Yes,in a way of speaking. We are really too friendly and our lack of understanding in human relations can be seen in our overseas image of the "overly friendly American that can't understand he isn't our friend".

2.) Yes, we do have a drug problem. Again, we just have to compare ourselves to people overseas. If it is one thing we make a lot of, but in poor quality-- drugs. Fuck, even one of our most famous TV shows is about a highschool chemistry teacher that turns to a life of drug making.

3.) It could be said work defines us in a way. I mean, we have this really stupid outlook about " working hard" and put a lot or focus on how much money you make to put you into a certain rung of class.Fuck, we are still arguing that people who work 40 hour weeks ago at crap jobs shouldn't be able to afford to live or get any sort of benefit-- and the usual argument is to ask if these people deserve the pay of an EMT (no one asks why our EMTs get paid so low).

4.) Not really--just look at who we have as president. He certainly doesn't act or speak like a president. BUT we do tend to throw our perceived image in the faces or everyone else. We are really insecure people, after all.

5.) You have to understand---most Americans aren't even aware there ARE other countries unless we are at war with them. Even then 99% of them couldn't point out those countries on a fucking map.
We aren't very good world citizens and we have a hyper-inflated sense of worth. We think we are God's gift to the world, without realizing that other countries basically put us in the position we are in because of investments. We think we have the best of everything-- but we rank lower in most of the important fields. Even at war, we think we are great, but we haven't fought a modern stable nation since WWII.
All the others after, we have managed to fuck up and we were fighting poor or in shambles 3rd world countries.

>-Friendships are more superficial
No. We're usually rude to people we don't know well. There's no point in faking it for someone you don't give a shit about. Most people here wouldn't be worth the effort.

>-Drug use is rampant
Yes, but it's mostly done in private. The people who don't do it usually see the others as degenerates. I don't touch any of that stuff. I'd say that it's less of the hard drugs and mostly the softer stuff like weed and pills, mostly because they're cheap and easy to get.

>-Work defines a very big part of a person's life and personality
Not really, no.

>-There is so much going on within the USA, that not that much attention is paid about what is going on outside the USA
Depends on the person. A good 75% are ignorant tards but the rest of us pay attention to world politics, at least in relevant areas like EU nations, North Asia, Australia. Every other place is a shithole that's not worth paying attention to anyways.

>-Young people are not attached to their families
Yes, because the "baby boomer" generation is a bunch of cuckold pieces of shit. I won't have a single thing to do with my parents because my father is bible nut and mother is a libshit.

>-People stereotype themselves a lot.
Only if they're faggot hipsters.

>-Its hard to really trust/count on other people
Depends on the person. I'd say that around 60% are selfish fucks.

You are correct. I give zero fucks.

>-Celebrities are taken way too seriously, specially when they talk about politics and stuff
This is true. I've never given a fuck about them, but most people seem all wrapped up in them. My general rule is that I only give as much of a fuck about anyone else as is demanded of me by the social contract.

Most people here are also obsessed with their fucking phones. I don't use any social media except for Minds and Sup Forums, 8ch, 99ch, and a couple of forums.

USMC in UK again.
Finishing up--

>family question
Na, I think we are pretty close to our family members in general.

Its hard to really trust/count on other people there, as almost everyone is out for themselves.

6.) Yes, this is true and no, it is wrong.
We trust the wrong people. Military? Most Americans will trust it, because we have been programmed sinced birth to be militaristic--- even though it is the exact type of government they fear.

We distrust most everyone else. Just look at our views on welfare and how we stereotype people on it. Deep down, we resent the idea that even a single mother of two would be able to get food without having much money for her and the kids-- even though we don't think you'd should be able to get free education and child care services.

-Americans usually care less about what others think of them.

7.) Abroad? Yes, most of the time. We are a bit loud at it to boot. But at home, we are some insecure mother fuckers. Our conservative citizens got really upset for being called racist. So they did something really stupid-- they accused the liberals of being hate mongers. We never think clearly.

Then our younger liberals in universities started making words up like "trigger" and "safe spaces". As plausible as those ideas sound, they take away focus on life and personal responsibility.

-Celebrities are taken way too seriously, specially when they talk about politics and stuff.

YES. Holy shit, yes.
All you have to do is click on the TV. Look at the news channels. They don't put on actual news casters. They put on people who says his or her opinion and it is taken as fact.

I mean, take your fucking pick: Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck,Piers Morgan,Aslan Whatever,Bill O'Reilly, Whoopi Goldberg, Rosie O'Donnell, etc.

These people are celebrities. They know fuck all about government or the news and are just on the air for their blustery speaking and huge egos. Makes me sick.

This person has it most correct. However I've mostly lived in 2 well off large coastal cities (New York and Seattle), so I can't really speak to what it's like to live in an economically depressed small land locked town.

Agreed. First one is wrong but the rest are pretty fuckin accurate

This. And that's why after years of travel I live in the South. People are friendly and most care about others. Drug use is stillan epidemic.

>poor fag detected

You really seem to like welfare and strawmen.

> none of mine are
> I don't know anyone who uses drugs recreationally, I myself don't have any prescriptions on repeat but I get medicine when I need it, but there are places where drug use is rampant, usually in the cities. I don't think that most people use drugs in the manner which you seem to believe.
> one way or another you need an income, may as well make a career out of it if you have to do it anyway. I'd rather put the effort in to something that I enjoy doing that I can make money on, same goes for most people in good jobs. There are many people unhappy with their work life though, I don't expect that's very different from most of the developed world.
> the USA is a huge place, many people don't have much interest in what's outside because they feel there's basically no need to go there when it's all here. I've travelled a lot though, always glad to come home
> my kids treat me with love and respect in that order
> other people stereotype other people, most people fit in to a clique of some sort everywhere you go, and if you don't fit in a clique then you're in the don't fit in clique. Birds of a feather flock together.
> everyone is out for themselves? Everyone alive puts their own interests first, but not everything is cut throat, there is more community where I live than many of the places I've been. Look at London, people don't even say hi
> I can only speak for myself but I care plenty when someone has a beef with me, I want it resolved
> yep, spot on

You're not far off, most of those are pretty accurate, but I think you've taken them a little farther than they actually go, certainly so for much of the country. I expect there are places that fit that profile perfectly, but America is a big place. The boring parts don't make for good headlines and there are more boring parts than interesting ones, way more.

The celebrity bullshit can stop though. Fuck that noise.

Let's wait until the rest of the world catches up.

This doesn't seem like an isolated thing within the US but more of a thing about people everywhere in general. You also have a few contradicting points so that makes it less effective of whatever it is you are trying to prove and shows you are just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks. America isn't just one state. Each state is like a different country on its own. It sounds live everything you tried to gather is from observing television in America and not actually being there.

Check out our fat stupid boats.

Funny but he was the only one who actually paid interns. Nice try though

you are an idiot

please dont come to our grreat land

MAGA

MAGA!!

OUT! OUT! OUT!

Don't you dhere come over that border, I aint foolin round with my smith and wesson

and an ass shot

>It sounds live everything you tried to gather is from observing television in America and not actually being there.
That's exactly why I said impressions from an outsider. Otherwise, I would have said impressions from someone inside the USA.

>You also have a few contradicting points so that makes it less effective of whatever it is you are trying to prove and shows you are just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks
You are also assuming I am throwing shit, when in reality I'm quite interested about the USA, hence I'm asking natives what is like, compared to what it seems like.

So he gave away money that other people donated.

Quite the shrewd operator.

There's about as many square kilometers In the U.S as in all of Europe. You basically describing welfare recipient's who mostly live in the large cities.

>-Friendships are more superficial: People normally don't create very deep friendship bonds as people move around a lot.
A lot of people never really leave their home town for any length of time.
>People are also more focused in what they want to do or achieve, as opposed to making friends
Not really they just have a group of friends to fall back on typically.
>-Drug use is rampant: most people use drugs, from prescription, weed, to more strong shit, like heroin, meth, almost everyone uses drugs regularly or at least ocassionally
It is rampant but that's mostly younger-ish people that would of been late teens 20s from the 1960's onward
>-Work defines a very big part of a person's life and personality, the way they dress, talk, think, everything
Absolutely
False, people think most first world countries are overly liberal due to protection of US military might, while other countries are falling under the influence of a troublesome and oppressive 3rd world sphere. They believe those overly liberal places are often being deceived by 3rd world propaganda and models which are ruled from oppressive upper society elites and anyone outside that elite sphere is not well off and well below the quality of life of a lower class American
>-Young people are not attached to their families in general. Talk very little to their parents etc
false, but that's basically the kid pleading the 5th in a lot of cases.
>-People stereotype themselves a lot.
Absolutely, some people don't understand things unless it fits a stereotype.
>-Its hard to really trust/count on other people there, as almost everyone is out for themselves
Not always
Why would we care about that?
>-Celebrities are taken way too seriously, specially when they talk about politics and stuff
Absolutely.

Lots of awesome in the US. Lots of shit too.

It's a big and noisy country.

The US is to huge to classify like that.

The Moon Landings were a great human achievement, no doubt about that, but the fact it only happened because of a bruised ego in a dickwaving contest with the russians leaves a bit of a sour taste.

Textbook example of doing the right thing for the wrong reasons, though I'd also say the end justified the means.

All seems pretty accurate. Gonna stop and see my mom today.

>-Friendships are more superficial (snip)

No more or less than anywhere else in the developed world.

>-Drug use is rampant: (snip)

Not in my circle of acquaintances, and no more than what I see in Europe.

Again, no more or less than my European colleagues, especially my German acquaintances.

Not even remotely accurate. Most of the people I know might not be able to name the capitol of Myanmar from memory, but are very concerned about world events.

Sigh...same as any European family.

>-People stereotype themselves a lot. If they are a geek, they dress/talk like a geek. If they are musicians they dress/talk like musicians. If they are bankers, they dress/talk like bankers, if you practice some type of sport you dress/talk like people that also do

This is one of the few observations that is accurate - to a point. But, while I don't know where you are OP, this is true in most of western Europe and soccer fans world-wide; it isn't just Americans. I'm sure you'll appreciate the irony that many people in the rest of the world makes valiant efforts to dress like us.

This is hard to gauge, but I suspect that we have an above-average sense of community

As opposed to whom, OP? How do measure something this profoundly personal?

About the same as most anywhere else. Have you been to Japan in the last forty years?

Spare me your pathetic cynicism.

why? why were a great archievement? Did they found something useful?

Europeans are so much more civilized than 'muricans.

Hard to argue with trips and sexy military tech. For all the shit you yanks have, you got some boner-inducing toys of death.

I still think many systems in America like the tipping culture, "throws your friends under the bus to get ahead in a job" mentality, celebrity worship, flip-flopping self-esteem and sense of entitlement are ridiculous and very bad in the long run, but I still find you endlessly entertaining on many fronts.

Can you find out how to write a sentence in English?

you are just jealous nigger

It was a humanity first! We made the first foray into the void as a species, advancing tech and knowledge to the point were we landed boots on something our species has been gazing up at since the first humanoid walked the earth. We used to worship that shit as a god, look to it for guidance, navigation and all that junk.

Same thing with mars, somewhere out there right now, a few PLANETS away there's several robots lasering rocks to study the geological history of something we have never laid eyes upon before that wasn't a red speck on a telescope.

Space Exploration advanced our knowledge by quite a bit and it was because Americans didn't want to one-upped by commie fuckers. Pure self-interest opened the door to the stars.

How is that not "Humanity, Fuck Yeah!" ?

Isn't that a photo of the aftermath of the Allies bombing Dresden?

>Friendships are more superficial:
More superficial than what? Gonna have to say no.

>almost everyone uses drugs regularly or at least ocassionally
Lol no, unless you count alcohol.

>Work defines a very big part of a person's life and personality
Yes.

>There is so much going on within the USA, that not that much attention is paid about what is going on outside the USA
Among dumbfucks, but every country has those. I've seen UK/European shows where they do that "man on the street" thing asking them about geography, politics, etc., and your average Euro is just as fucking ignorant as your average American. Which is pretty fucking ignorant.

>Young people are not attached to their families in general. Talk very little to their parents etc
Nigger, something like 1/3 of people under 30 in the US live with their parents. That's pretty fuckin' attached.

>People stereotype themselves a lot.
They do that everywhere. Replace "geek" in your example with "Shi'a Muslim" or "Sunni Muslim" or "Hutu" or "punk" or "football hooligan" or whatever. People are tribal.

>Its hard to really trust/count on other people there, as almost everyone is out for themselves
Eh.

>Americans usually care less about what others think of them
Less than what? Less than whom?

Americans are people, and people care what other people think of them.

>Celebrities are taken way too seriously, specially when they talk about politics and stuff
Yes.

Yes, he's implying the yanks aren't civilised because they firebombed civilians en masse. It loses a bit of its bite when you consider about 1/3 of the planes used were actually British.

Though the brits fielded about 200 more heavy bombers than the yanks, which did most of the damage.

We ain't perfect, but we do OK.

We got along with Japs just fine just a decade after WW2. Sunnis and Shits are still slaughtering each other after 1,000 years for no reason.

Even the brotha's here are not that retarded.

You like this better?

Yeah, I'll give you that. You are seen as arrogant warmongers the world over but you have an uncanny knack for making friends just as easily. Not insulting you btw, just saying.

ah, so the Brits are more uncivilized.

good job

why?? are you fucking retarded or something?

add:
- "Yeah we should totally work together some time!" - never actually want to do it.
- "You should totally come visit us some day!" - never really mean it
. "I love your work! I hope you'll be having great success!" - not meaning a single word in that

yeah, the US are the warmongers

The US decided after WW2 we're not going to take shit from anyone anymore. And you have benefited at our expense.

Kiss my pucker.

Well, they've been doing the "invade other countries and subjugate their peoples" thing for FAR longer than the Americans have. It's only recently (historically speaking) they've softened up.

Thank goodness for Europe.

As I said, I'm not insulting you, I actually agree with you. America didn't even want to join WW1 OR 2 because it wasn't their fight, but then you realized something us Europeans did ages ago: War can be veeeeeery profitable on many fronts.

Historically speaking, Americans are fucking pacifists when compared to the bloodbath that was Medieval Europe.

> weed is a drug
Loose your virginity already

Pretty much all of that was wrong except for the celebrity thing.

The British have become absolute cucks, suckling on the American teat.

Trading liberty for the sake of open borders is truly a depressing site to behold.

You act like this isn't the entire western culture.

Truce. Come to California and I'll buy you a beer.

I like how you nonchalantly replaced trust with cooperate. Because those two words totally mean the same.

Yep, I think you nailed it.

I agree with you completely but i disagree on two points. The first is that you have fairly open borders yourselves.

the second is that you have a big illusion of liberty. Many other countries have a lot more actual tangible liberty than America, which is rife with government intrusion, privacy denial and media indoctrination (this isn't to say other countries don't have any of these, but America is particularly well-known for it).

This is completely ignoring cut-throat business and scholastic practices that often forbids you several liberties that other countries have, such as the right to a decent education or a living wage. Of course the size of America makes these practices almost necessary, so I'll give you that.

>Commiefornia
>American """"""""""beer"""""""""""""
Thanks but no thanks, fam :^)

I'm kidding bro, I'd love to. I'm from southern europe, so I got that exotic vibe goin' on, I'll wingman for ya.

A lot less drug use than in the movies

this sounds like you are describing anywhere on the planet