What is the appeal of Rap?

What is the appeal of Rap?
Listening to Rap is liking being cucked, because you're listening to someone fellate himself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tS64Mz-Z_7I
soundcloud.com/djhippie/millenials-prod-dj-hippie
youtube.com/watch?v=P7kcecQZsaU
youtube.com/watch?v=SRNVXU44i5s
youtube.com/watch?v=EbUv2h0yZbA
youtube.com/watch?v=ab9DM23onBk
youtube.com/watch?v=uE5DNFNB7jM
youtube.com/watch?v=tUdL8Ha6C8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=aHBEmFJmObs
youtube.com/watch?v=OL8IYeErHHY
youtube.com/watch?v=vlktldEcKo8
youtube.com/watch?v=8keTv_vpwLc
youtube.com/watch?v=wFSvUMxDWak
youtube.com/watch?v=bUEXhQEtMTk
youtube.com/watch?v=TdJjqApa3e0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Listen to this and fuck off.

>"you don't like rap then listen to this rap album"

you're the reason this board is now consumed by shit rap. shoud've just left it alone BUT NOW EVERY FUCKING THREAD IS KEDNRIKC LAMRRAR AND STUPID KANYEBTUSGIB;JNwaesf;esbjfov;aejrhf;kvb'whiqwRTHVFEereGFGTDGrgqgd

why do pol think they can just go to any board and post there and still somehow 'fit in'?

HERE WE GO

Maaaan... whatever happened to this fucking board? It's just nothing but bad shitposts and underage posting.

Sup Forums is beyond saving.

Because its the album that most "hurr rap is bragging and drugs" never hear of but end up enjoying.

This is clearly a bait thread from a Sup Forumsack but whatever, here's an actual answer.

Rap is interesting to me because it comes from a different subculture than I usually listen to. Good rappers have an easy flow to their music, and the instrumentation of it is in my mind secondary to how the rapper grabs your attention with that they're saying. Whether it be discussing their own problems (i.e. the self-fellating that you're talking about), if you can connect or feel the emotion behind their music, then that is good rap. And there's plenty of it out there.

Now to wait for the other Sup Forums posters to come and shit on this post.

lol you paid to be lied to

Stop this poor b8 and fuck off m8.

Rap is
>70% literal propaganda
>10% mumblerap that only gets listens because they were forced into the industry by strip club owners in georgia or because drake tweeted a video of them doing stupid shit
>10% teens from soundcloud who get famous for like a month until their trendy style dies and another trend drowns them out
>9% rappers that are pretty good musically but still spew retarded ghetto propaganda (frick cops my nibbas, im biracial im so #woke ;))
>1% really good musically, lyrically, but are too experimental and intense to listen to regularly (meme grips, post-Old danny brown)

Am I misremembering old Sup Forums? I feel like the blatant anti-musicness of writing off genres wholesale with obvious strawmen statements was the kind of thing we used to make fun of on this board.

Sup Forums didn't like rap until Pitchfork started kissing Kanye's ass

The fact that you listed DG and Danny Brown as your 2 examples tells me you haven't really dove into the genre at all beyond the most memes theneedledrop reviews.

I love both, but try some new stuff. Dalek, techno animal, food for animals, captain Murphy, busdriver, many other artists out there that fit your description.

In order for it to be anti-musicness (笑), the topic at hand first has to be music.

Sorry but Lil Pump etc is so low effort as to be an insult to the word music.

KAN KEE MA DIC I MA PANS

Yes you are misremembering

See?

Sup Forums has turned into a bizarro world of people who just shitpost boring sheltered opinions you'd hear coming from a dadrocker in the early 2000s.

>implying rock is music
also fuck off minitrue you can't rewrite history

Rap has to be graded with a handicap compared to literally any other genre.

ego stroking is not music

Sup Forums didn't really talk about rap until it became trendy and fashionable to like it around 2010

there is hope

>listening to someone fellate himself
>being cucked

OP, are you saying you want to suck rapper dick?
It sounds like you are upset you are being denied rapper dick.

reading is hard

Go back to your metal general you nu-male faggot

>Because I am a fag, everybody else secretly shares my demented personal problems

I listen almost exclusively to Western art music and occasionally electronica

It doesnt work semantically.
How the fuck are you being cucked by someone sucking their own dick?
The only way to be cucked in this situation is if you want to suck his dick and he isnt letting you.

Your ego is being cucked because you are deriving enjoyment from someone else talking about how great he is.

>being a fag is demented
it's 2017

More like writing is.
The act of cuckhilsing involves someone fucking your significant other. If listening to rap is to be the same as being "cucked" then the rapper has to do something which fulfills the definition of cuckhokding. You said listen to a rapper fellate (which is not a real word u dumb fucking idiot) is being cucked. Its not, unless you are invlolved w the rapper. Go home you dumb fucking loser.

>cuck

Beastie Boys, fag.

I think listening rap equals to being cucked because most of rappers bragging about fucking listener's gf.

You're supposed to listen to it as if you wrote it. Listen to it in 1st person. Most people are poorfags so pretending to live a rapper life & being blissfully ignorant is the whole point.
Also its made as motivation; I want to be able to tell that nigger stfu, so I'll work hard. Then I can brag like he does

youtube.com/watch?v=tS64Mz-Z_7I

huh, really makes you think.

see

>he doesn't like hip-hop
>he must be a rascist Sup Forumstard
when will this meme end? the majority of hip hop is just uncreative, simplistic and derivative.

this

soundcloud.com/djhippie/millenials-prod-dj-hippie
this is why

try listening to hip hop that isn't shit

youtube.com/watch?v=P7kcecQZsaU

Because it's fun

ITT

why would someone "dive into" something they dont like

all of those people would claim that hating rap is code for being a white supremacist

I love rap for the word play.

youtube.com/watch?v=SRNVXU44i5s

what the hell does that even mean

so 75% of Sup Forums?

>Cam'ron
muh nigga

>word play
I love the first guy on this, Sy Scott. He was signed to Erick Sermons label in the early 2000's but never really found any commercial success.
youtube.com/watch?v=EbUv2h0yZbA

posting great hip hop songs lets get it

youtube.com/watch?v=ab9DM23onBk

youtube.com/watch?v=uE5DNFNB7jM

youtube.com/watch?v=tUdL8Ha6C8Q

youtube.com/watch?v=aHBEmFJmObs

youtube.com/watch?v=OL8IYeErHHY

youtube.com/watch?v=vlktldEcKo8

youtube.com/watch?v=8keTv_vpwLc

youtube.com/watch?v=wFSvUMxDWak

youtube.com/watch?v=bUEXhQEtMTk

youtube.com/watch?v=TdJjqApa3e0