03/04 - Haye vs. Bellew
03/18 - Golovkin vs. Jacobs
04/29 - Joshua vs. Klitschko

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=trqoTqB3aao
youtu.be/F7BtibY7cns
youtube.com/watch?v=lxuwTBIkqfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anybody got the latest version of this? Forgot to save before the old thread crapped out.

Monshipour-Sithchatchawal is worth a look as well.

>cotto v kirkland

why

>all those literally whos
how do we fix boxing?

Anyone else hates this fucking guy? fucking Ellie sechback always asking stupid questions and trying to stir shit up! This fucking guy ask Smith jr about connor!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=trqoTqB3aao

At least it has the potential to be a decent scrap. Not a great fight but still better than the Canelo rematch Cotto and his team wanted.

I doubt Kirkland will ever get his shit together but I hope he figures it out.

youtu.be/F7BtibY7cns

Who won, /box/?

HAGLER OBVIOUSLY

so was chavez the greatest body puncher ever?
youtube.com/watch?v=lxuwTBIkqfY

Thanks man. Ever check out Bowe-Golota 2? You don't always list the fights that you pass over.

I've been going through Holyfield's career lately so I'll get back to you on those other ones tomorrow plus any other good ones I come across.

thanks famalam

Why is it happening in texas?

Cotto has made millions pleasing his puerto rican fans in NYC, why stop now?

wasn't there some new insurance taxes in NY? also kirkland is from Texas (last fought Canelo there

wow I didn't even know we got a knew thread

Lomachenko

Chocolatito fampai

I don't fuck with modern boxing but I'm just here to say that fucking Julio Cesar Chavez is my fucking nigga. Fuck y'all.

>wasn't there some new insurance taxes in NY?
i dont think thats a big deal, GGG vs Jacobs, Thurman vs Garcia and DeGale vs Jack are taking place in NYC

>Chocolatito
TRASH........

I dont know why people consider his ass p4p? Hes like the Ronda of boxing.

he dominated the hell out of the fight, he's just literally half the size of Cuadras and there's no way he comes out of that looking pretty

From what I hear the Tax thing just hurts small shows. I don't know the details tho.

LOL

MMA just got legalized in New York for the first time, and the UFC helped add a provision the bill requiring a million dollar coverage requirement per fighter in case of traumatic brain injury. No such insurance was available at the time the bill passed and it completely shut down boxing in the state for at least two months. Smaller MMA promotions like Bellator were effectively priced out as well. Pretty obvious power move to allow the UFC to operate as the sole fight promotion and reserve MSG dates without worrying about competition.

The expensive premium is now available and big fight cards are on again, but I'm not sure about the smaller-circuit shows. I can't find a source but as far as I know club and small-circuit boxing is still nonexistent.

good thats what boxing gets.

Thank you for bumping our thread. You are helping keep /box/ alive and well.

That list is literally only the famous people, it misses out quite a lot of good but lesser known stuff actually.

He's a fucking plug. All he does is suck the dicks of Robert Garcia fighters, and annoy. Honestly horrid at asking the right questions

Who /About Billions/ here?

Anyone know when BoxNation becomes available for people with BT Sport?

Not been announced yet, nothing to do with their 2017 plans apart from international fights has. Frank mentioned having a press conference "in January" to lay out the full plan in detail so I guess we'll know soon.

UFC is a roster full of literally whos yet millenials go apeshit for their fights

boxing needs to market itself better in America

People don't wanna see a 30+ min boxing match

People wanna see 5 minute MMA match with MILLER TIME ICE COLD BEER

20 dates promoted by him are supposed to be simulcast on BT Sport

What's to fix? DeGale vs Jack, Frampton vs Santa Cruz, Thurman vs Garcia, Golovkin vs Jacobs and Joshua vs Klitschko are all 5 star fights.

115-113 to Hagler.

>People don't wanna see a 30+ min boxing match

The time doesn't matter, if Americans will sink 4+ hours of their time into a game that has maybe 20 minutes of play then they can watch a few 12 round fights.

One of the many things boxing needs to do is have big fights happen more regularly and stop putting subpar mismatches as main events. Why haven't Cotto-Golovkin fought yet? Why did Thurman-Garcia take so long? Why is Haye-Bellew a main event?

Chisora-Whyte wasn't that exciting a watch.

>One of the many things boxing needs to do is have big fights happen more regularly and stop putting subpar mismatches as main events. Why haven't Cotto-Golovkin fought yet? Why did Thurman-Garcia take so long? Why is Haye-Bellew a main event?

Cotto vs Golovkin is a pointless fight now, Cotto is a 154 lb fighter with a size disadvantage and past it he would have no chance against Golovkin. Boxing is actually off to a fantastic start this year, there's also Crolla vs Linares 2, Parker vs Hughie might happen. UFC is the sport for American millennials because it's all in Las Vegas and weekly but even then they've only had 3 real mainstream crossover stars (Brock Lesnar, McGregor, Rousey)

Well yes, that much has been announced, just not when that begins, what any of those fights will be, how the fuck he plans on filling them with his reasonably thin stable and so on.

> Crolla vs Linares 2

McDonnell vs Vargas is unironically a far better fight than that if you want to pick out the best Brit non-ppv card announced so far. Very interested to see how that one plays out, we all know the result of Crolla Linares II already.

Linares and Crolla are exciting to watch though even if most people expect Linares to win, Gavin McDonnell fight will go the distance because he's not a big puncher

>exciting to watch
>people expect Linares to win

Dunno, can't find that interesting at all, it just becomes WWE at that point where you can't get invested because what's the point. If there was any possible chance Crolla could win there's something to debate or watch out for, there just isn't in this fight. Crolla has pushed himself right to the edge of his talent, and Linares is still a class above, even travelling. It's just a pointless cash grab.

I basically agree but I'm still glad it's happening because Crolla can punch and he will give everything and also because it's not priced that way on bookmakers as Linares is 1.62 to win and 2.62 by decision.

>Chisora-Whyte wasn't that exciting a watch.
It was one of the fights of the year numbnuts

Chisora vs Whyte was like a Marvel movie. Fun, but lacking any substance whatsoever, it wasn't even the best fight on the card.

It was best English fights of the year son

BASED AUSSIE

I WATCHED HOLYFIELD MOORER 2

Good fight, but I think Holyfields fights with Cooper and Qawi are more memorable slug fest.

Sorry I couldn'tget back yesterday, I was banned for calling Odell Beckham Jr a faggot

Burton Buglioni on the very same card had better boxing fundamentals in every area, had a great push and pull the whole way through and a fiction-tier come from behind KO win. It wasn't just 2 lumps throwing hopeful bombs for 30 seconds and then panting in the corner for 2 minutes to recover, with a potentially dodgy result to boot.

Nigga what are you talking about?

>Burton Buglioni
Has no defense and limited skills, a literal who of the boxing world

GTFO Sup Forums

> no defense and limited skills

It had more head movement in a single round than Chisora Whyte did in 12

>a literal who of the boxing world

Not an argument

so, include or not include? I might have to rewatch the Qawi fight.

>Burton Buglioni
Lee Markham

>first undefeated Nicaraguan to conquer 4 weight divisions
>conquered 4 weight divisions
>Undefeated
idk user its a mystery.

Weight divisions shouldn't matter when you weigh the same as a wet sponge

I don't know why i put Cotto, i meant Alvarez.

t. casual

Quick /box/, without looking it up, name all 17 weight classes!

Heavyweight, Cruiserweight, Light heavyweight, Super middleweight, middleweight, light middleweight, welterweight, light welterweight, lightweight, super featherweight, featherweight, super bantamweight, bantamweight, super flyweight, flyweight, light flyweight, minimumweight

what the hell is a minimumweight weight class and where do I watch those fights?

you missed caneloweight

wangheng menayothin is defending his title this minimumweight wbc belt this month on the 25th

filipino street orphan tier

LETS GO CHAMP
LETS GO CHAMP
LETS GO CHAMP

Absolute speculation that the event was going to be cancelled, the Eubank Jr v Quinlan PPV is actually going to happen. The absolute MADMEN. The price is £12.95 and they only have a couple of undercard fights confirmed so far.

Light Middleweight is now officially called Super Welterweight, no?

*After speculation

one of the most entertaining boxers on the planet in a tough contest on a historic channel for £12 only casuals would complain tbqh

depends on the sanctioning body.

WBC name Super WBO name it Junior

It's going to be a complete farce, Eubank Sr will be making Jr go easy on Quinlan for the first 4 rounds in order to justify the PPV

How long do these threads last?

Sr will want to see an early KO, Eubank harps on about Jnr's power all the time

Jr is undoubtedly a talent but his career is becoming a disaster because his Dad won't let a real promoter look after the events for him

I remember Chavez when he was leaving his prime can anyone describe his boxing .

as long as we want them to last senpai, there is not the high autism levels in box compared to others, a good thread is like a fine wine

>My son is a true warrior. 12 pounds to witness a fighter of this magnitude who has dedicated his life to the art and craft of his sport.... it is stupendous

Nigga stop fucking kek

Naw I wouldn't.

Have you seen Casamayor vs Katsidis?

not yet but will watch now.

Seriously though, what a ridiculous man kek

The undercard actually looks fine, but none of it is actually on the PPV, it's free on ITV4

1 a week generally, though there'll be a few on a big fight night. It seems to be getting more popular though, it used to just be a few regulars forcing it off page 10 but it's never in danger of that anymore.

Honestly before a few months ago it was me angry German bro a dude from Spain and a couple dudes from the UK. Maybe like 30 people on the regular at most.

It's one of the only good generals.

just watched it. pretty great fight, only degraded by casomayor's excessive clinching. probably the worst thing about boxing.

True true

>zab judah is fighting some nobody on the 21st this month
rly maeks u fink

Yeah it's only recently a general has even been possible. Decent place to come and talk now you don't have to make a new thread about any little thing since generals didn't last, but isn't so fast that it's spammed to shit.

He's probably on the decline IMO

C level talents but A level fight. That was British fight of the year lad

Did you watch Burton vs Buglioni on the same card? If not then I recommend you do, great fight and better in every conceivable way.

Yeah I saw it, good fight and exciting stoppage. Heavyweights throwing bombs will always be pinnacle of things for me. Most people would rate Chisory/Whyte over that fight IMO

Different strokes I suppose. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it and it saved me feeling like I wasted my money on the card but I prefer a bit more skill in what I'm watching.

You should also check out Conlan v Nelson, it was another better British fight than Chisora v Whyte imo

My personal fight of the year was Salido v Vargas, check that out if you want to see some good action

>great fight and better in every conceivable way.

" Rarely do you see a fight that lives up to its hype, but Dillian Whyte vs. Dereck Chisora exceeded the pre-fight drama "

Forbes

Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn hailed Dillian Whyte's epic victory over Dereck Chisora as one of their favourite ever heavyweight battles

" Just amazing fight I'm speechless"
Barry McGuigan

David Haye
"incredible"

The Guardian
"memorable and epic fight "

Daily Mail
" It really lived up to the hype"

Carl Froch
"Edge of my seat, what a fight! "

James DeGale
"fantastic fight"

IFL
"Sensational fight, fight of the year"

Spencer Fearon
"I can't think of better UK fight all year"

Jimmy Tibbs
"old school that was old school fight loved it"

Don Charles
"I want to thank God for that fight!"

/box/ only started to stick after Ward-Kova. I used to make fight night threads on occasion and they'd die after about 10 replies. I hope this thread stays the way it is, this might be the only low-cancer thread on all of Sup Forums.

>I've never watched a Lomachenko fight

probably because boxing threads prior to /box/ had no thread topic or even a title for that matter. At least /box/ has a title and is seen as a general

Of course the media likes it because of all the meme buildup, this is a boxing discussion general though, not a media organisation that likes to promote wwe style personalities. You literally cannot argue that Chisora vs Whyte had any quality boxing in it, but this has shit the thread up a bit too much already so I'll drop it.