Finally watched Goodfellas today, only 26 years too late. I guess now I get what all those movies, video games...

Finally watched Goodfellas today, only 26 years too late. I guess now I get what all those movies, video games, media etc was referring to all that time since then.

Any must see movies you waited way too long to see?

Just saw Blade Runner last month.

Still haven't seen the original Ghostbusters

Try pulp fiction

Suspiria

Still have never seen Top Gun

I finally gathered strengths and saw the Iron Giant two days ago
Cried as if something inside me had broken
I'm 25

>I'm really into horror movies
>I basically go through phases where I try to watch every movie I've ever heard mentioned
>I saw Friedkin's more obscure shit
>film referenced more than life itself

and I still only managed to watch this last year, I'm 30 BTW. I'm not sure what the hang up was.

Shit I havent watched this one. Dont really want to, but guess I have to.

>media we have today make references to something
>watch that something
>don't like it at all

I like the modern media and never see anything in those older movies they referred to

Haven't seen Rocky. I don't really give one for sports films, but love the sentimental value it gave to American culture.

I had never seen Casablanca or Dr. Strangelove until I was on a long flight last month. Still have never seen Citizen Kane.

Well 90% of sports films have copied its format since so it's hard to miss at this point.

cassablanca is awful

probably good for the time but it's such shit now

How so? I loved it, it definitely still holds up.

Jerry Maguire
A Few Good Men
American Beauty

Check out Ben-Hur (not the current remake, the first non-silent film one) and Laurence of Arabia.

Sometimes I'll catch an old James Bond movie, not one of the popular ones, and I'll be surprised how like nearly every scene has been referenced in at least something.

I was thinking about watching Ben Hur, thanks user.

still havent seen any back to the futures or rockys, only seen the first godfather once, just barely watched goodfellas a few months ago too

Have watched Lawrence, also rather recently, but not Ben hur so will do.

Well done, OP. Now go home and get your fuckin shine box.

Haven't seen Shawshank. I think the hype ruined it for me

That's ashame. It's really a great movie.

I saw it a couple years ago for the first time and thought it was really lame.

Blu Ray version comes on in the beginning of September, I'm ready to have some feels.