What's worse? The "Prequels good/Originals and TFA bad" meme, or the "DC good Marvel bad" meme?

What's worse? The "Prequels good/Originals and TFA bad" meme, or the "DC good Marvel bad" meme?

>meme

>"Prequels good/Originals and TFA bad"
The originals are good. The prequels aren't good but they're a lot more artistically laudable than TFA even if less functional as your typical pleb pleasing blockbuster.

Marvel is uniformally shit. Nolan trilogy, BvS and Man Of Steel are better than any Marvel. Suicide Squad though is shit.

No memes.

You literally can not genuinely think BvS or Man of Steel are better than Winter Soldier or GoTG unless you are memeing.

Both GOTG and Winter Soldier were absolute shit. Uncinematic, incredibly pandering and entirely disposable. Zero stakes or emotion. Just a smug reddit party you suffer for 2 hours.

You can't like GoTG without memeing

this

not this

>>meme

>meme

Is this what reddit actually thinks we sit around discussing MEME's.

You fucking kids.

Originals are good but wouldn't hold up if released today, even with updated special effects (the only reason TFA was successful was because of nostalgia baiting, if it was its own movie it would have been criticized a lot more for its bland plot, useless characters, and forgettable soundtrack). Prequels are terrible but can be entertaining, they have amazing scores and many many memorable scenes, just like the original trilogy.

DC is fucking garbage outside of the Nolan films and Marvel is generally ok aside from Iron Man 2, the Hulk movie, and the Thor movies

>The prequels aren't good but they're a lot more artistically laudable than TFA

>DC is fucking garbage outside of the Nolan films
That... is why you fail.

>No memes.

both are pretty bad i guess the star wars one though, because were some good ideas and thing in DC but zero in the prequels.

anyone who says either of these statements is a huge contrarian, or an immature Sup Forums child that thinks their into "experimental" 'deep" or "meaningful" films, but actually knows nothing about the art of cinema.

I agree that the TDK is better than anything in the MCU (but Sam Raimi's Spider Man 2 is better than that.) but that isn't in the DCCU.

Man of Steel and BVS are objectively terrible films, the idea to analyze superman in a realistic context is a great idea but the execution is so laughably terrible that it was all for nothing.

>Sam Raimi's Spider Man
>Just a ripoff of Superman I and II

the console war meme
you can't talk about bvs without the thread being a shitfest

GotG is garbage. It was made for 12 year olds. If you think its good then you are too young or too stupid to realize you've been misled by the critics again without questioning it. It doesn't even take a DC fag to see that

Tough choice but I'm going with the former. The prequels need memory holed.

You are genuinely out of place with poor taste go dance battle your way back to plebbit kiddo

Eh not really, yeah that are parts that are similar but i really like how the human elements of the hero were analyzed in SM2, definitely the best movie to ever to do.

>family adventure films are for children

teenage angst is a helluva drug

>Man of Steel and BVS are objectively terrible films, the idea to analyze superman in a realistic context is a great idea but the execution is so laughably terrible that it was all for nothing.
>he fell for the consensus meme

The latter. Even though WB aren't doing a good job at all, they at least want to make decent movies and get a profit.

I'm convinced that Lucas was perpetually high in the 90s. There's no other explanation for the prequels.

>If you thought GotG is bad then you are an teenager with angst

>It was made for 12 year olds.

literal admission you are an angsty child that thinks you have "grown up".

>literal

>The things we like are uniformly not memes and the things reddit likes are uniformly memes

End this meme.

dubs speak the truth

Winter soldier is the only good marvel movie

Gotg is good if you switch your brain off

>prequelbabies and DCucks crawling out of their holes to post more dank memes

>I was born in 98

They both began as memes but like most things here, autists took them too seriously and now believe them as fact.

>no true scotsman

ur a punk

I know you're baiting but you deserve a (you)

>MDEdrone hates good cinema

Fuck off

The prequels aren't good but they're better than TFA. Sup Forums is a contrarian board so that argument has no merit.

DC has no good movies in it's stable thus far so it's the worse "meme". Proper word would be b8.

>he hasn't seen BvS

I have and it was awful.

>The prequels aren't good but they're a lot more artistically laudable than TFA
This is true

>Marvel is uniformally shit
This is false

Why don't I believe you?

Everyone knows this. Just play along. ;)

Because we're on an anonymous imageboard were cunts can post w/e stories they want with no consequences.

Do tell me though, what part(s) of BvS were good and made for entertaining viewing? As I recall, even the most "fun" parts were painful to watch.

>fun
oh
you're so lost child

i kinda liked the trailers

Every Marvel movie is objectively and factually better than BvS

DC's films are better than Marvel's. The prequels are the best Star Wars films only superseded by The Force Awakens. Bane is a small guy and Brendan Fraser's career is just starting up.

YOu cant refute this because its almost not even a real opinion. Its like when people say a movie is made by executives, everything you have to say is made by Sup Forums

You need to go back

You know it's true.

I mean come on though, Winter Soldier was a piece of shit, and I'm a huge fan of the Russo brothers and was looking forward to it.

GotG was good, and then I accidentally watched it 7 times with various friends/relatives and now I can't fucking stand the sight of it and the fact that they gave the release date of the sequel in the ending titles makes me gag.

>Hire James Gunn to direct a whacky space adventure
>Don't actually let him do any of his trademark weird shit
>Chris Pratt as Andy Dwyer as Peter Quill as Who?
>Drax is completely different from his comic counterpart and his origins are barely introduced also he's a clinical retard, apparently
>Gamora is an insufferable cunt played by a wooden plank who can deliver a line so unconvincingly that James Cameron hired her for 5 movies

Just give me a fucking buddy-cop movie with Rocket Raccoon and Groot. Fuck off with the Infinity bullshit, Thanos is the shittiest antagonist in the history of cinema thanks to Marvel's incomprehension of storytelling.

The prequels were mostly bad but tolerable.

The Original Trilogy was great through RotJ doesn't hold up as well as the others.

TFA hit all the right notes and set up the new trilogy well.

MoS was a good movie and BvS was a mess. Suicide Squad was enjoyable.

MCU has had a string of hits but Iron Man 2, 3, and Thor 2 were barely decent. GotG and Ant-Man are great.

I hope we get a slew of great movies from SW, MCU, and DCEU in the next few years.

There I said it.

As far as the star wars films go, I'd rank RotS, about as good as RotJ. The original Star Wars is better than both films, and ESB is above them all. TPM and AOTC are somewhere near the bottom, with TFA marginally better than those two.

How does RotJ not hold up?
Had a better score, better overarching plot, more screen-time for characters that had little to none in the other films, better fights, slightly darker tone, better effects. It's just better than ANH and ESB in every conceivable way. The only downside I see is the ewoks and that's because whiners.

Jabba's palace is boring as fucking shit and drags on for half a fucking hour

ROTJ only gets good when they get to Endor

>boring

The palace arc is awesome though.
>adds depth to Leias character
>shows off the darker side of the force
>adds depth to the SW universe
>showing off all those creature effects
>rancor being more than just a shitty animal to kill ala tauntaun and whompa

It's miles better than Dagobah in ESB

I PERSONALLY feel that it gets silly when the Ewoks show up. I loved it as a kid but the menacing Empire losing to a bunch of rock-throwing teddy bears makes it hard to suspend my disbelief as an adult.

It's my main problem with Avatar. There was very little reason why an organization who has blown up planets wouldn't just napalm the shit out of Endor and build some more bunkers on carebear corpses.

>but the menacing Empire losing to a bunch of rock-throwing teddy bears makes it hard to suspend my disbelief as an adult.
This happens in real life though. A bit of reality in a science fantasy isn't as painful as people make it sound. Also shows how up themselves the empire is to overlook such a potential threat.

>DC
>what is the nolan trilogy

Not part of the DCU which is what this is about is it not?

BvS is amazing and Synder >>>> Ayer

Nah and yeah but that's like saying retard A is better than retard B even though they're both retarded.

When has that ever happened in real life?

No one has ever taken down a superior armed force with just rocks, sticks, and home territory.

Even the Taliban and Hizballah match force with force (i.e. rockets, explosives, small arms, etc.).

ironman 3 felt like a tumbrlina fan fic thats for sure
and i dont even remember thor 3