There's a fine line between conservatism and obstructionism...

There's a fine line between conservatism and obstructionism, and all 11 Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committe have leapt over it with glee. By refusing to even hold hearings for any nominee until the end of the current Presidential term, they are effectively rendering the SCOTUS completely useless for almost a whole fucking YEAR. Think about that. Eight of the most constitutionally educated and experienced minds in the nation sitting idly by, unable to do their jobs because a bunch of fuckheads in the Capitol building wanted to say nanny-nanny-booboo to the President one last time. As if they haven't done enough dicking around for the last seven years, making the so-called "Do-Nothing Congress" of the late 40s look positively industrious by comparison. No wonder their approval rating is at a dismal 9%. I guess what I'm trying to say is, quit re-electing these fucking layabout welfare queens! When November rolls around, pay attention to all those other questions on the ballot below the presidential candidates and vote these assholes out! We as taxpayers deserve better.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland_Supreme_Court_nomination#Ensuing_political_conflict
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

umad?

Every little victory

yes i'm mad and you should be too if you pay taxes or care about the direction the country takes

:)

>muh conservatives
Both sides do this shit.

Someone's upset

If Trump doesn't make Ron Paul secretary of state, can he put him forth as supreme court justice, or does he not have enough law experience?

Nope. I'd rather the Supreme Court rule on nothing than to be staffed with a liberal judge who views the constitution as an obstacle to "progress." It's hilarious that the left wants to stack the court to get the numerous historical rulings on the second amendment overruled while claiming they're respecting the institution that is the supreme court.

Based senate judiciary committee.

>stop balancing powers

>every time something like this happens, regardless of who's in power, they block it
>every time the other party bitches

I could not give less of a fuck and I'm glad that they're stopping the Dems from putting YET ANOTHER JEW into the Supreme Court.

> he thinks trump is going to win the general election.

Look user, I don't like obstructionism. I also don't like chemotherapy, but I realize it's necessary to stop the cancer from spreading and hopefully eradicate it altogether

>Obama knows anti-gun SCOTUS nominees are nonstarters in advance
>Refuses to nominate one of the many pro-gun judges in the country even though the court would still be 4-4 with Roberts tiebreaking if he did

Yes OP, it's the REPUBLICANS gumming up the works. Surely they should not exercise their power to block unacceptable nominees, as they are the ones refusing to work with the system by doing so. There are NO STEPS AT ALL Obama could take to field a winning candidate.

oops forgot my link
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland_Supreme_Court_nomination#Ensuing_political_conflict

I don't see it as obstructionism because the Democrats have proven that they are trying to stack the court to destroy the constitution. It'd be against the will of the founders to let these fucks get away with it. If they were actually going to respect the SCOTUS and bring in a proper justice that has had a history of upholding the rights of the people, then his/her associated party would be moot. I hope they continue blocking that nigger's advances.

But
>muh narrative
Obama dindu nuffin user

Yeah it so crazy right! I mean just think of the things he could corrupt like thank god we have republicans to keep things fair and do their jobs, we just cant trust liberals they might take over and completely hold the government hostage!

Oh wait thats what the republicans are currently doing...

Im sure I wasted my time responding to you because I know you're a fucking crazy person, but you are literally the "its ok if my team does it" type of trash that needs to go.

Why should I support another kike who shits on the constitution?

you don't have to support him; the fact of the matter is the (R) Senators are refusing to even hold hearings and a vote on the dude despite the fact they have a 54-46 majority. if that's not enough, consider what a republican had to say the last time Garland was under consideration: >In May 2010, Senator Orrin G. Hatch, Republican of Utah, said he would help Obama if Garland was nominated, calling Garland "a consensus nominee" and predicting that Garland would win Senate confirmation with bipartisan support.[67][68]
goes to show the ONLY motive at work here is spiteful self-interest, and it spits in the face of the people who put their faith and their votes behind these clowns in the senate.

and for those of you playing along at home, that's the SAME Orrin G. Hatch (R) that sits today on the Senate Judiciary Committe, in resolute opposition to any hearing before the end of the current Presidential term

Not quite accurate, Cruz was vowing to fillibuster literally any nominee as part of his campaign grandstanding.

Right now the odds aren't in his favor, but there's about six months between now and the general. No one though he'd be the nominee six months ago. Let's be real for a moment and look at the fact that this has been an entirely bizarre primary cycle in both sides of the aisle, and now we're putting the two least popular nominees in history against one another. I'm not predicting a Trump win, but it's a definite possibility.