Sup Forums btfo

>"hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners and if you kick 'em all out you will have nothing to watch but football and MMA, which are not arts"

what did she mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EV8tsnRFUZw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MMA is mostly foreigners though

maybe that ugly hillary look a like should stick to acting

they just dont get it.

I'm a foreigner and I prefer watching vastly white casts.

>Praises Canadians
Her whole argument is null right there

>you will have nothing to watch but football and MMA
could be worse

Trump is still president.

i don't care who is in this country, i'm still not watching mma

Did she just name the Jews?

#SHOTS #FIRED

>bashes other forms of entertainment
>praises a media with the most shallow message and content

MMA is not a sport. I have no idea why it's allowed on Sup Forums where there's a board specifically for fighting ().

I'm fine if sports were the only thing on TV anymore. Unless it's reruns, I haven't watched a show or movie that's come out in the last 7 years.

>hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners
yeah those ethnics and eternal foreigners like the ashkenazi jews, and the sephardic jews, the mizrahi jews...so diverse

>Liberal elites like Meryl Streep constantly shit all over the regular everyday American
>regular everyday American feels unreasonably threatened
>consequentially, Trump wins
>in response, Liberal elites make a concerted effort to shame the regular everyday American by shitting on them for feeling threatened

really makes you think

this

How is she shitting on everyday Americans?

What a fucking elitist cunt. Why aren't we gassing the rich yet?

i dont understand, do liberals think trump is gonna somehow deport all minorities? like hes gonna expell 100 million people from the US somehow?

Since they are acting like he's going to, he might as well.

he probably means throughout the recent prez election

yeah so far shitting on average americans isnt working well for them

liberal elites are either huge idiots or fear mongering

heres another example, keep in mind that the market has rallied 10% to all time highs

I mean, did you watch her speech?

She implies that sports are a lesser form of entertainment. Sports like MMA and football are the entertainment of the masses, and the everyday American watches football. She is saying that if you get rid of foreigners, all you'll have left is football, and she's implying that that's a very bad thing.

When Streep says "all we'll have left is football and MMA, which are not arts," she's disconnecting herself from the people who enjoy sports as entertainment (in this case, the average American male). She's purposely shaming them, implying that what they like is lesser. It's bullshit elitism through and through.

Not that Trump supporters are any better, but elitists like Streep make no effort whatsoever to understand the everyday American. Her speech is full of condescending garbage like this.

>Hollywood campaigns for Hillary
>America says fuck Hollywood, we're not listening to you
>Hollywood complains about how important they should be, and that people might stop listening to them

me too I fucking hate seeing movies attempting to pander to my race. You stupid faggots get it wrong anyway. But I hate seeing movies about nig nogs even more.

>trying to understand white males
IT'S 2017

Yes it is, they won the popular vote by 3 million votes this last election and as America becomes less and less white that 3 million will grow larger to the point that the electoral college won't be able to stop it. Among people less than 18 whites are already a minority (even if you only count legal citizens), it's only a matter of time until republicans will never control the white house again.

What I don't get is...why can't someone like both? It's not like someone who loves football hates movie or visa versa

Didn't make any sense to me.

well yeah the country is fucked and will soon be brazil 2.0

but for now... neither candidate ran for the popular vote, and the popular vote doesnt matter at all.... trump got over 300 ECs

the dems are worse off than they have been in decades

they are a coastal urban party now

what an implosion

>be black
>liberal movies always show us hanging around with a rainbow of different people from all different backgrounds
>always imply that all minorities hang out with each other and white people hang out by themselves

Sick of this shit, I've never seen a group of black, Asian, and Hispanic people just hanging out with their stereotypical gay friend

They're putting out some show where some tranny and gays hang out in a black neighborhood and fight for gay rights. If a tranny walked through a black neighborhood they'd be triggered

She is right mma and American 'football' are meant for stupid people who get enjoyment out of people hitting each other
Real football is the sport of the intelligent man and also the most beautiful

>heh heh heh soon all of america will be a 3rd world shithole with high crime and poverty, you lose republicans....

Doesn't matter than the dems are in a bad place, the republicans are even more fucked. By the time Trump leaves office America will be less white than it was when he took office. That 3 million dem surplus will be even larger, so large that they will win the electoral college.

They're a coastal urban party sure, but even now they have 3 million more voters and are growing, where as republican voters (whites) is shrinking.

Republicans are fucked, whites are fucked, america is fucked.

>Real football is the sport of the intelligent man

actually agreed, she right

what county is that blue spot in the second state above texas?

you are just repeating yourself now...

>England
>beautiful game

Does not compute

almost all blue spots are cities/areas where non whites are a majority

the exceptions being CT, MA, VT and maybe parts of California

answer me pls

meryl was high af

still

>tfw listening to her bullshit

I work in Hollywood and Meryl Streep is kind of a fucking idiot.

Hollywood is one of the most racist cinema producers in the world and she acts like they're some sort of beacon of progress.

Go fuck yourself.

all those non white immigrants aren't really all the keen on social progressives though
all the republicans have to do is turn transgender issues into a election issue and they can sway alot of mexicans and muslims into their direction while still being anti immigration

Dallas county.

Dunno, I'm not from there. I only know my county and some surrounding ones. Most people are like that

>a white lady who stars in movies only white people watch which pretty much always have an all white cast having a self righteous ego wank about sports she knows nothing about
Why do people even pay attention to what celebrities have to say after what happened in the election?

fuk u bitch baseball's coming back

That's not what she meant at all, even if her tone suggested a bit of disdain. She just means that forwarding an 'Americans only, no foreigners' ideology in terms of media and social commentary (and everything else) is counter productive and would waste talent unnecessarily. I don't think she means this purely in terms of any idea that Trump would deport foreigners lawfully in the States (I don't know where she would have got this from if she does), but in terms of an obsessionally American-centric media focus.

She's not overtly criticizing football or MMA she's just saying the 'arts' (film etc..) has a different purpose than pure entertainment, i.e. social and political commentary, whereas MMA and Football is pretty much only for entertainment and doesn't have much substance beyond that.

It's a pretty legitimate albeit bizarre point to make. Maybe consider what she says before sperging out about 'everyday Americans' and shit.

literally who?

Why do people watch award shows

I want a real answer I don't understand. I always hear complaints about how they're not funny or entertaining so why do they watch them?

Would Sup Forums rather watch an eternity of their favourite team get BTFO or an endless loop of the 1989 classic, She-Devil?

>Sick of this shit, I've never seen a group of black, Asian, and Hispanic people just hanging out with their stereotypical gay friend

Because it just doesn't happen

I'd rather watch an all black movie like Dead Presidents than see some token black or minority shoe-horned into a role for "diversity"

but thats not why its popular in the US. IT BECAME POPULAR ON THE BACKS OF WHITE AMERICAN STARS. and thats the demographic that most watches mma. she was right.

>yfw Trump will be our President
>yfw Trump will tell Goodell "You're Fired!" at the State of the Union Address
>yfw Trump makes Adam Silver piss himself onstage at the 2017 NBA Draft
>yfw he brings back the XFL with federal funding
>yfw Trump creates a new sport where the niggest of nigs hunt down smarmy cunts in glass towers like Helen Mirren
>yfw Secretary of Xtreme Sports: Johnathan "War Machine" Koppenhaver

then perhaps she should have reflected a bit about how much sports have done for international relations through the history of mankind before sperging out about something that "doesn't have much substance" compared to her beloved """arts""" which does little more than peddle the social and political commentary of her jewish overlords.

so movies about football are not arts?

>IT BECAME POPULAR ON THE BACKS OF WHITE AMERICAN STARS
TOP KEK

Wait till minorities take over it like they did boxing. White folks will start to watch something else.

here's a video of her speech
youtube.com/watch?v=EV8tsnRFUZw

Tito Ortiz isn't white.

exactly. Theres a reason why no one likes jon jones, mighty mouse or cain after the lesnar win or rashad after owning liddel.

you're saying you didn't spend the night watching Jimmy Fallon host the Old Globs?

I typed up a long response to your post, but to be brief I'll just say

1. She is absolutely disparaging football and MMA, ironically two of the most diverse sports in America
2. I wouldn't expect someone who hasn't physically been in this country for the past couple of years leading up to the election to understand the political undertones and implications in her speech. "What she says" is directly related to the "everyday American." Her point about diversity and accepting foreigners is directly related to the election which was decided by Americans.

What the fuck does Jew overlords mean? lol I went to pol and it's nothing but these kind of threads. The Jews have been fucking scapegoats their entire existence. Sure their frugal but damn this notion they run the world is pure horse shit. If anyone runs the world it's the Rockefellers and the Goldman Sachs not a bunch of frugal shits. 1% controls 90% of the wealth, but even with all that money, all those expensive toys, and all of that land can't keep them from being buried with the same dirt as all of us. Hence why I could give two shit what they will.

When can we move on from all the forced political messaging and just accept that racists will be racists. Non-racists will be non-racists. Good people will be good. Closed minded will remain closed minded at this point. No amount of Hollywood or media messaging will change that.

North America is not that bad and pretty damn civil compared to to other parts of the world.

There are other countries and cultures outside of the US where there is very real misogyny going on, not just a misuse of adjectives. And where there is very real racism happening. Not just the exclusion of million dollar acting roles.

If people put as much effort into those places instead of just hanging out in their own hug box the whole time, maybe we could make some real change.

Am I crazy for thinking this? I'm afraid to share this opinion IRL for fear that I'll get blacklisted or some shit.

There´s a lot of a russian actors willing to work in USA, don´t you worry comrades.

they can't really do anything about the rest of the world so we are stuck with the insane whining. it's all they can do to make everyone as miserable and impotent as themselves..

>Am I crazy for thinking this? I'm afraid to share this opinion IRL for fear that I'll get blacklisted or some shit.

I go to a liberal college and am pretty conservative, and I'll say this:

For the most part, people will listen to your opinion. 85% of the people you can talk to are pretty straightforward and understanding, even if they disagree with you on some subjects. So long as you aren't a vicious racist or something, you can talk politics and stuff openly, even in and around the typical liberal college campus if you're a conservative.

That being said...there are the Poli-sci majors and the tumblrinas that you have to be careful around. But it's pretty easy to just avoid talking with them.

>What the fuck does Jew overlords mean?
cmon man. I'm not a Sup Forumstard by any means but you have to be pretty dense to not see the overwhelming jewish representation in hollywood and public media.

Ortiz was never a top draw. A better example would be anderson.

>"hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners and if you kick 'em all out you will have nothing to watch but football and MMA, which are not arts"

I'd rather watch MMA and football than most movies

> Ortiz was never a top draw
Ortiz was the top draw before Anderson was even in the UFC. Ortiz was one of the stars that built the sport up from the niche level, along with Liddell and Couture.

It really depends on what states become less white....

If the non-white rate rises only in states that US Democrats win anyway, then they wouldn't profit from it under that electoral college system.

Now I'm by no means an expert in American politics, but aren't the states that voted for Trump generally a bit less affected by (non-white) immigration?
If it stays like that, then Republicans won't have too much to worry about under the electoral college system.

Simply put, Democrats gain nothing from additional thousands of Mexicans going to California, because they win the state anyway.
Democrats need those Mexicans and other non-white immigrants in states like Alabama or Nebraska....

>Mexicans and other non-white immigrants in states like Alabama or Nebraska
In 4 more years they will get Arizona. Only thing reps. can do now is what they always been doing voter suppression.

To piss off giant aspies like you

>a board designed specifically for fighting

No it isnt, dumbass

How is Meryl Streep so respected

I've literally never seen any of her movies

Arizona and Florida are big immigration hotbeds

Immigrant turn out in Florida was down this year (hence part of why Trump won it, cubans and hispanics in florida didnt like Clinton either)

And I think it's more the increase in non-whites anyways that he's trying to build an argument on. Muslim immigrants, asians, etc. The black population isn't expected to rise (at all, which is just wew tier that in 50 years they're still only about 12% of the population), but the increase in other races and ethnicites "could" be bad for the republicans, but at this point that's a bit ways down the road.

lol just saw this

way to throw fuel on the fire Meryl you dumb bitch

>white Americans
>Anderson
>GSP
>Penn
>Gracies
>Fedor
>Crocop
>Conor

i like movies but most actors can't run 100m in under 12 seconds so therefore the great meryl is wrong

>hasn't seen Kramer vs Kramer

kys my man

It basically is since it was made into a wrestling board. Makes much more sense to move MMA there as well since it doesn't fit in with the rest of Sup Forums, while /asp/ has always had the martial arts. Don't take it as a demotion.

Watching Tom Brady carve up defenses is an art

I would actually welcome it because it would give more room for specific threads instead of just /heem/. For how talkative and active the MMA community is, the sheer amount of sports taking up space on the same board limits conversation a ton.

I'd be totally okay with that and I don't even like UFC

GSP and Conor are both white and speak english thus they where able to appeal to the white american mma fan base. Anderson's biggest fights were against white guys. The rest were never big stars among american mma fans.

but where are these >WHITE AMERICAN STARS?

>french
>white

Hispanics are family oriented and religious, they always inevitably become conservatives after 1 or 2 generations when they stop falling for the bait of identity politics

The left is importing the voting bloc that will defeat them for years to come, and they're too stupid to realize it

Why is >Vaughn so GOAT?

>basically is since it was made into a wrestling board
mandrama isn't fighting. if it got moved to Sup Forums then it would make sense to move box/heem/etc to /asp/, but as it stands we have regular darts threads here which is even less of a sport.

that said I agree with you. /asp/ always had the martial arts and that glorious sumo basho thread, I wouldn't be bothered at all if MMA got moved there once the mandrama cancer was extinguished.

That her perception of the arts is ironically very bigoted

identity politics is only beginning in this country

>identity politics is only beginning in this country

ya ok

>Anderson Silva was never a big star among American MMA fans

t. retard

Not if we deport.

What's funny is she named actresses from other states before promulgating that drivel, I mean does she really believe Trump is going deport them from Beverly Hills back to Virginia or something?

When did Trump say he was even going to deport foreigners in general?

Never change you silly, disconnected, self-important, stuck up, Hollywood creeps.

Never. As a daca holder it kind of pisses me off that these rich millionaires are constantly bitching and moaning about the president elect. I'm most likely fucked but I've come to terms with it. The constant bitching and acting like the world is going to catch on fire Jan 20th is pretty fucking annoying though.

how bad do these fags want to turn the whole country against them? really rocketing toward irrelevancy