>Weed is medicinal, thus I'm always sick

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlujizeNNQM
pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract
cpx.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/03/16/2167702616630958.abstract
thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(14)70307-4/abstract
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pretty sure it was a statement about the positive health benefits of cannabis.

You take medicine if you're sick. Therefore, if you take medicine, you must be sick. Therefore if you always smoke weed, which is always medicinal, you must always be sick.
>duh user

Its to show that he's always in need of weed because he's constantly sick, because he has a shittier job where gets no respect or happiness from.

Patrician quote from a patrician's show.

Was this shot kino?

I want a webm of him putting on the noose and flying away, that was a great bit.

Definitely one of the funnier, more relatable segments from the show so far.

>first three weeks: Holocaust
>next three weeks: Black History Month

not sure what the point of this skit was 2bh

Yeah, I'm amazed they let that on the air. World Peace is really pushing some boundaries.

Building 7

What's the point of anything that airs on Adult Swim?
I like this show and im not gonna suck it's dick, but I feel like they go in interesting directions with each skit, but it sucks the bits go one for so long. I can kinda see why since the show is only 15 mins and they're trying to get as much of of each joke per episode, but ikinda wanted an IdeasMan styled show.

The teacher's cowardice... he's dimly aware that he's not really teaching anything.

The point is that while he thinks he's cool, there's absolutely nothing cool at all about him: he's stood up for nothing, and taught nothing at all. He's kept his head down, followed directions, and is no better than an average Nazi soldier, even though he's forced to spend a month every year educating youth about the holocaust, he's still just following orders, unaware of what a complete moral failure he has become.

>What's the point of anything that airs on Adult Swim?

Well that's not fair.

Plenty of themes/storylines in other Adult Swim fare (e.g. Boondocks, Morel Orel, Mission Hill, Home Movies, etc.).

daily reminder that if you dont understand the meaning behind a MDE skit, then you should go rewatch it. If you still dont get it (even if 'it' isnt very meaningful) then you should just kill yourself or stick to watching eric andre

Who /highoffmedicinal/ rn

what is the meaning of the first skit in the first episode (workout eyeball thing)

DUDE ABSURDITY LMAO?

i think fans are overpraising the show to an extent, but honestly pretty much every skit does seem to stand on its own a little better when you give it a rewatch.

like the skit from the leaked episode where the crippled kid gets swagged out by the PUA guy was funny but just seemed like kind of goofy, slightly mean-spirited humor, but watching it again pretty accurately satirizes the way the guys that seek out those sort of retardedly toxic role models tend to have problems getting women that can't be solved just by mimicking schlubby self-proclaimed alpha males

wew lad, that's depressing to read as someone who is in school to be a teacher. I'm planning on finding a job in the middle of bumfuck no where so I don;t have to deal with nigs.

wow how embarrassing user

I was more or less referring to stuff like the fake infomercials, too many cooks, Xavier etc.
Granted I should've been more clear on what I meant.
Adult Swim has always aired weird and experimental stuff, they've definitely made mistakes but I appreciate that they given lots of chances to a variety of shows, no matter how much I may dislike then (Mr. pickles, Heartshe holler, king star king)

i mean he squats, hurts himself, uses what's supposed to be oxycontin i guess
kind of relatable for some people but weakest skit of the show imo
the one where charls is a chick and kills his baby kind of blew too

He was trying to impress girl but in reality he didn't know proper back form and ended up hurting his back. Then he did drugs for the pain by hitting button on his back.

fuck that's a little close to home user. at the beginning i was so full of passion and wanted to inspire these kids. now after seeing all my efforts fail and my flame dwindles i...fuck you.

really? I liked when charls said about ebt uncle sam replacing the father role.

eh i mean i get the story but the other world peace skits have a stupid alt right agenda to them except that one which i find odd

Xavier seems like just a goofy random show, and it's definitely pretty absurdist, but that is actually some intelligent, biting satire of the retardedly circular nature of post-modernist thought.

Xavier's a really consistent character with a well-fleshed out flaws in his way of thinking and they do a great job of showing the way someone like that would misinterpret different ideologies.

Do you teach history? History teachers are typically really cool

you'll be lucky to influence 5% of those kids no matter how charismatic and inspiring you are user. as long as you're not in it to make a difference or guide the next generation then everything will be fine.
t. teach for 26 years

like i kind of liked it but it wasn't that funny, and honestly didn't really seem like it had much to say. like yeah, shitty moms on welfare suck. but didn't really have the organic sense of outrage that, say, the tap water sketch had, even though i think hating irresponsible welfare moms is kind of a more legitimate grievance

I really appreciate it now looking back on it when it initially aired. I remember catching during late nights a couple months ago and it holds up so well.

In it for not being stuck in a cubicle my whole life so that sounds good.

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It's fantastic. Such a well-written, well-structured show. The episodes in the second season flow so well. Pretty irreverent but honestly think it might be one of the best, most unique things Adult Swim has ever invested in.

There is a lot of mean spirit behind the MDE jokes and not a lot of intelligence.

I think it is a case of someone mimicking what they see online rather than a comic with a real unique voice.

AS shows can be kind of shit and this is the best of the bad "anti-humor" live action shows but that isn't exactly high praise.

I know it was all shills but considering the amount of MDE threads I expected something a lot funnier.

good guess. yeah i teach modern history, if you can call it that. i gave up on trying to help these kids get good grades years ago and spend most lessons trying to inspire them. i used to dress up as different historical figures until the vp deemed it too distracting.

>What did he mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=KlujizeNNQM

well you won't be in one your whole time as a teacher. actually if you're going rural you might even get your own classroom. working inner city means moving from room to room and then spending hours doing paperwork in a small cubicle in the teacher's office. i can only dream of one day having my own classroom to cover in magic and flash, here's to you user.

>i'll be like... i'll be like OUUUUHHHHHHHHHH
what did he mean by this?

Notice the tilted stage floor, it was literally canted. He is Sisyphus going up a hill without achieving anything other than filling kids heads with indoctrination, trying to shift the blame to the parents while trying to be hip with the people he's mentoring, but still ending up out of touch.

"Hip" teachers are hypocritical pieces of shit because they still use the government Prussian curriculum to produce fucking coal workers instead of good people, while trying to live vicariously through children.

It was making fun of same kind of people who post on /fit/ saying they know best methods etc but are fat fucks

It's commentary on American painkiller addiction

where can i watch episode 4 wtf

How can I be a good teacher but avoid being a "hip" one?

Care about the students more than your self image

What does that mean? Focus on getting them to understand the material? But isn't that just indoctrination?

Read up on your John Taylor Gatto, get to watching Mark Passio and Michael Tsarion vids on YouTube and find something else to do with your life.

without getting too abstract here, the point is to help them learn to become successful adults

you can break this down... help them learn to learn, help them learn to enjoy the acquisition of knowledge, teach them something you consider important, don't abuse them, set them on some kind of moral path, and so forth.

If you have a genuine interest in teaching others you'll be fine.

So help them interrogate and critically analyze the material, help them learn critical thinking skills, provide them a solid answer to a "so what?" question about why this matters, etc?

Haile Selassie did 9/11?!?!

These guys have the worst comedic timing.

The tap water thing started out funny but then it just kept going and going and going and was no longer funny.

Sounds like you didn't get it 2bh.

>the point is to help them learn to become successful adults

no, that's the parent's job.

if i'm a math teacher my point is to teach you fucking math, if I'm an english teacher it's to teach you how to use english appropriately etc. etc. you seem to think teacher's are there to be surrogate parents

realistically a math teacher can be replaced by a tablet, then, as you don't seem interested in doing much as a human

I'm not a teacher dumb dumb I'm just illustrating how it's retarded to push the burden of teaching morality off of the parents and onto poorly paid, public school teachers.

if you're paying me to teach what 2+2 is that's what I'm going to fucking do. I'm not about to get involved in your personal shit. How fucking entitled can you possibly be?

If you're a racist you probably shouldn't be teaching kids desu senpai

i think the pacing could be better too sometimes

it's good to know that in your head teachers are autists who spout facts to an audience until the audience memorizes them and repeats them back

you're a clever man, user

The compromised with the 'Jews Rock' segment in the last episode.

Too many Cooks should have won an Emmy.

But a white nationalist symbol was prominently displayed in the background of the entire skit. They were still being extremely subversive. Also when they panned over to the (presumably Jewish) producers on the set and named them.

Cons:
>shit pay
>have to deal with disrupting elements in the classroom every fucking day
>tons of work after workhours
>planning days

Pros:
>long ass vacations
>risk of dying at work at a minimum
>get to make life a living hell for students who are being jerks
>actually teaching kids something and watching that moment when they realise how to solve those problems

>>get to make life a living hell for students who are being jerks

How so? Seems like the opposite would be true nowadays.

I guarantee AS execs are reading comments about the show and now know of all the hidden racist, alt-right shit in it and are either gonna not renew it for a second season or the second season will be even MORE censored...

>"Was getting caught part of your plan?"
>"OF COURSE!"

>risk of dying at work at a minimum
Unless you're an american

theres no such thing as alt right

its a media term to spook old people

Not a teacher but I was an IT guy at a college. At the library they had spying software to stop people going on Facebook etc, but the library staff were too retarded to use it so I would have to go down and make sure it was working every so often.

There were 2 kids that lived in my town, I never liked them, playing Pokemon on an emulator on the PCs, not supposed to doing that.

So I add the application to the blocked list and it instantly disappears from both their screens. They then both open up Word and type size 72 messages telling me to go fuck myself and they dindunuffin, I record it all.

I send it to their head of department and the principal, they get suspended near the end of the year for misuse of IT equipment, miss exams and have to repeat that year. Fucking amazing.

now i gotta see this footage

joking about people who lie about being sick or get weed cards for headaches and shit

totally real story bra lmao

Probably my favourite sketch so far.

And this is the type of show that benefits from examination.

It's the new LOST. Enjoy these threads lads, they'll be gone far too soon and we'll only be able to look back and weep for what is gone.

>More censored
>The show is just a title screen with white noise

This would be great

I actually really like the music and titles bits I could watch that all day.

I'm actually autistic and I still understand this better than you plebs

It's a joke about how people who smoke weed all the time feel sick because they smoke weed all the time so they smoke weed all the time to try and not feel sick, it's literally that straight forward, I was one of those people up until about a year ago and I see my friends still stick themselves in this retarded cycle

This show is actually 2deep4u

It's just a lame joke to try to be hip,

Do people actually do this?

Does the weed make them sick or did they actually have health problems before?

Any teachers here with some advice for a fellow teacher?

I'm going into my next year quitting when its all done. I would rather sub or be a paraeducator. The pay decrease wouldn't even be that bad given how much is taken for retirement and medical. I don't want to have a life that I can't enjoy once I am done with "work."

Fuck the easiest part of teaching is the actual time I am paid to be at the school. The rest of what comes with teaching sucks.

Are there legit any other jobs a teacher can become that isn't teaching related?

Also, fuck HR. All females making more than me for doing fuck all day.

Change jobs you'll be stuck in the politically correct hellsink forever,

>The rest of what comes with teaching sucks.
Expand upon this point a bit more for us mate would you.

There's nothing to get you fucking morons

Quit ruining every fucking thread with this bullshit

There's no direct translation for any of this shit.
It's art. It evokes emotions, ideas, themes, etc. You can't "get" it

And before one of you faggots gets your retarded little pussy in a twist, something being art doesn't make it good so don't fucking start with HURRR WOT IS ART EVEN you should actually jump off the highest building in your area if you even thought about pulling that shit for half a second

>politically correct

You have no idea.

Female single mother teacher with purple strip of dyed hair.

Female teachers that kick a 7th grade student out of class for saying they'd vote for Trump.

Admins that push their agendas.

Fuck as a sub I was doing 20% of the effort I am now but for 80% of the pay. At least with subbing it ends when the bell rings and you can make bants with the kids.

theres nothing wrong with asking for interpretations of art if you're not well enough versed to articulate coherent thoughts about

Teachers aren't born racist--they become racist.

Because while smoking weed is presented as something medicinal, it doesn't actually solve any problems, and only complicates them, so you're literally always sick (psychologically)

maybe he is content with being sick if he gets to smoke in return

I guess what you call "articulate coherent thoughts" are what I call "retarded Sup Forums teenagers personal redpill theory"

>it doesn't actually solve any problems, and only complicates them

How so?

Weed is mainstream so it's cool to hate it

I'm childish when it comes to humour but I found this to be the funniest skit, he nailed the ghetto shit

Here in NV it's ridiculously easy to get in the classroom because (1) a major shortage of teachers and (2) we're 50th in education.

I'm thinking about substitution work while I finish up my bachelors. All I need for the 16-17 school year is 60 credits and ANY education class (both of which I meet).

I'd really like to get some experience in education behind me, but I'm not sure if I can handle anything beyond elementary children. I mean, shit, when I was in class subs were treated like shit if not just outright ignored. It'd be practically baby-sitting since I don't have any real power.

The days when I feel like I really fucked up going into academia are getting to be too often.

>People think episode 4 was better than this
That car sketch ruined it. GAY VOICE AND FART JOKES XDDD!! Literally family guy tier.

>I drive a miata

LOL FAGGOt

Because it fucks up your brain chemistry and hormonal balance in the long term

I'm not a MDE fan really, I think the show is alright so far, but the scene in particular is just phenomenal. It's subtle and unnerving and this guy's face and actions are horrifying and mesmerizing to watch. I've watched this scene five or six times and every little thing is so on point. His facial expressions, the music, the camera angles, the reaction of the woman in the copy room. This may be the best thing I've seen on [as] since Xavier: Renegade Angel ended.

>yeah man it's those haters, no way people could be concerned with something like mental health on their own

blaze it bro

Source for this? Not trolling legitimately interested in seeing a valid study on the negative effects of weed smoking.

pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract

cpx.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/03/16/2167702616630958.abstract

thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(14)70307-4/abstract

Peer-revied mainstream medical journals only. Enjoy. It's legit bad for your fucking brain, man.

This scene and the one in the OP are the best ones so far IMO.

World Peace isn't quite at the level of Tim and Eric's best stuff yet, but it easily beats anything Eric Andre has done.

is Tool, the band equivalent of MDE?

Yeah but if weed is medicine and hes always sick hes saying hes a straightedge as he wouldnt always be sick if he was taking his medicine.