Does god exist?

Does god exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tRuORzP2_PY
amazon.com/gp/product/1591024811?ie=UTF8&tag=booktalk08-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=1591024811
amazon.com/gp/product/0618680004?ie=UTF8&tag=booktalk08-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0618680004
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

No

Probably not. No compelling evidence to think that he does.

maybe so

Only if you really think so. Otherwise, no. If a god does exist, it behaves as though it does not.

If you want, sure.

AHAhahahah....

No dumbass gods do not exist.

I don't know.

I think so. Though I'm fairly certain it isn't a force for good.

How do you know?

What kind of just and loving god sends his own children to hell because they had a short and sinful life?

That's not an argument for whether or not god exists.

He obviously isn't arguing that point retard

Honestly I don't care about what I can't control. If it helps you sleep at night go ahead, but I'm not worrying about it much. If he's real cool, I've always kept an open mind about god so hopefully things turn out for the best. If not then cool, not like I'll be able to care because I'll simply not exist. I'm honestly cool with either option.

Agreed. I believe i pointed that out.
Thanks for reiterating

Can you repeat the question?

fag

Yes it's ME! I AM GOD!

No, if he does, he's a cunt for what he's done to me.

He doesn't. Unless you know you're doing wrong and continue to do it you can ask for forgiveness at any time.

it depends on if you're religious or not. science and religion don['t mix.

There is no evidence that god exists.
Neither the bible, nor the quran or the tora proves shit. Each of these scriptures are full contradictions and scientific errors.

If god exists, he should have known that. He should have delivered some proper proofs for his existence, not some fairy tales which couldn't holding the time.

He doesn't owe you shit. If he's real he's given you this life, you're the one responsible for fucking it up. Make what you can out of life because you're your own god.

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

GOD IS PORTUGUESE

It's not my fault my mom was crippled for two years and died on mother's day, cunt.

Can god create a stone so heavy even he cannot lift?

Even with the fact that he might be Allah and will burn you for eternety because you didn't worship him 5 times a day?

What proof do we have that anything is true? We know the universe was created by the big bang but why do we know that? We're openly trusting something that we don't understand. No matter which way you look at it you're trusting someone you've never meet about something you've never seen. Hence why I'm Agnostic.

Yeah that sucks man but it's how you respond to those events that defines you. God or no god you have to find your own peace in life.

Impossible. A being existing before the creation of the universe, or capable of creating a universe could not exist. Before the universe, there was nothing. Therefore, nothing could have created it.

Islam or Christianity?
Either way, you will fuck up and end up in hell anyway. Whats even the point?

The obvious difference between trusting in god and accepting the big bang theory is that there is observable evidence that indicates the event of the big bang. There is no observable evidence that indicates a god.

No compelling evidence that he doesn't.
>Doesn't hearing the same old thing get old

Where does it say he existed before the universe? I'm not refuting just curious.

No you're literally retarded if you even think it's possible. Fucking kill yourselves you apes.

Whatever makes you assume that there was nothing? What makes you assume that nothing is the default position which something must replace?

Has anyone ever observed nothing? Nothing is a hypothetical. There is no evidence that nothing is even possible.

Why must god be of an estabilished religion? Or an Abrahamic one?

>there is observable evidence that indicates the event of the big bang. There is no observable evidence that indicates a god.

There is plenty of unexplained events that could be quantified as "god". Plus the big bang and gods flash of light sound fairly similar anyway.

The whole point of religion is faith. The point is to believe without evidence. Believing in something won't hurt you.

There is no evidence that god doesn't exist because you can't show evidence of something that is not there.

But of course the necessary theological hypothesis states that god exists. In the absence of any compelling evidence to support this hypothesis we fail to reject the null hypothesis which is that god does not exist.

>doesn't regurgitating specious tripe get old?

It is certainly possible. If you have any evidence that it is not then present it.
Otherwise, see yourself out, imbecile

>There is plenty of unexplained events that could be quantified as "god"

Yeah, that's known as the god of the gaps and by its very nature, that argument erodes itself.

God, the creator of everything. Life and matter. The creator of the universe. God must exist before the universe, to create the universe. For if the universe existed before God, then God is not the creator and therefore not God.

In order for something to exist, it must not exist first. It is a law of the universe and has always been a law of the universe. Example...
There was a point in time where life did not exist on our planet, and now it does.

What makes you sure that you are believing in the right god?
What if God is Allah and he will punish you for not joining ISIS ?

I care about nothing in life anymore. It's just sadness most of the time, and when I'm happy, it only lasts for a few seconds. I'm mostly over it, but I'm still in a god-awful state in my life. I know it will get better, but I just miss when I was younger, when me and my mom and my sister would just drive around town, in the middle of the night, looking for stuff to do. When we would all just huddle around out small tv and watch a movie or two, and we would be happy. She died two years ago and I don't even know what from, I never got to say goodbye. She wasn't the best mom but she was the only one I had. I was a fun-loving boy who liked to make people happy, now, I'm just a cynic, who thinks that human life doesn't matter, who dis-likes everybody I see with an unknown passion. I am a shell of what I ponce was, and I don't know how to fix myself, but I know it might get better. It has too.

Yes, although likely not in the form that many humans believe it to be.

Everything which has a beginning has a cause, the universe has a beginning therefore it has a cause.

God, unlike the universe, had no beginning, so doesn’t need a cause. In addition, Einstein’s general relativity, which has much experimental support, shows that time is linked to matter and space. So time itself would have begun along with matter and space. Since God, by definition, is the creator of the whole universe, he is the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created, so has no beginning in time, therefore doesn't have a cause.
(Isaiah 57:15)

>In order for something to exist, it must not exist first. It is a law of the universe and has always been a law of the universe.

Says who? How do we know this "law"of the universe?
There is no evidence of nothing. Only a fabricated hypothetical idea.

>. Example...
There was a point in time where life did not exist on our planet, and now it does.

And a feeble example at that. Obviously before life began there was still something around. Life is simply a different state of something than non life.
No evidence that nothing is even possible.
Try again.

not in the sense you mean.

So essentially you accept one un-caused cause and reject another.
An unverifiable position sustained by special pleading.

I think so but it's probably not a humanoid like many suggest. It's hard to believe something didn't kickstart the big bang, but I don't know about Heaven or any of that.

>Everything which has a beginning has a cause, the universe has a beginning therefore it has a cause.

Let's assume God exists then. Why would my doings matter? Why would my beliefs matter? I am nothing but an ant compared to God. God created billions of galaxies, with an unknown amount of beings. Why would one simple life, or 6 billion lives, matter to God? If there were a God, God could not be biased. God is an almighty being that has no weakness, and can create/destroy at will. God is superior in every way. Being biased shows emotion, and emotions are a weakness. A God that has emotions is no God at all.
There is no "right" or "wrong" God. There can only be one, and the existence of God is nothing more than an idea. As I said before, if it didn't create us and our universe, it is not God.

My favorite question to bible thumpers.

> old testament god send his followers to kill entire villages; men, women, and children
> we can all agree that the weapon of choice during that area to attack or defend, would be a sword of some type
> what is the best, most efficient way for a soldier of God to cut a child down?
> it would take a lot of energy to swing a sword, make contact with the human body, then take it back out if it did not cut through.

How would god justify this when a soldier came to him for psychological help when a child's mother is screaming, her innocent child crying, everyone begging for their lives?

No, what's your with you? Kids are raped murdered, starving and suffer all around the world. Why would god allow that? An innocent kid that did nothing, but be born.

The world makes more sense when you realize this, besides there being no scientific evidence and evidence that Jesus and his gang were just a mushrooms.

Continue being obtuse nigger

I feel you man, I'm truly sorry and hope you find happiness somehow. I would offer advice but honestly I don't have the answers myself. Something that traumatic isn't something you're going to get over soon. As someone who has lost family and friends(mainly to suicide) all I can say is that it sucks and something that you will get past in your own time. Just know that she loved you and nothing can take that away. Even death.

Goodluck man, I hope you find your happiness someday.

Proficy of the old testament the world will end in fire.

O Lord Jesus Its a Fire.

youtu.be/tRuORzP2_PY

End of the world came she told Jesus. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I think there might be aliens, like a pretty good chance of another intelligent life form.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make.
Surely god would be like "i'm god, you done good" and the soldier would be pretty psyched about that

tut tut. No need to be rude.
Run along now...

Thanks, user. At least you're a nice dude-bro who calls me a faggot like most of the people on this site.

*Doesn't lol

I suppose you think Jack and the Bean stalk is based on a true story too right? The point isn't the story itself rather the message, many stories at the time were extremely morbid and mean't to spread fear.

>Obviously before life began there was still something around
Something that wasn't alive. Just inorganic matter. And before that existed, nothing existed in our solar system.
This only proves my point to be valid.
This law is the foundation of our universe, and continues to do so.
Let me ask you this, what exactly is the universe doing right at this very moment?
It is expanding. It is creating new galaxies and solar systems with new born stars and solar systems. Places at where it never existed. And it continues to do so.
In order for something to exist, it must not exist in the first place.

*Doesn't call me a faggot.
Kek. Good laugh.

my mind. stop please

Ye

If theirs not that would be extremely depressing. Imagine we're the only hope for the universe. What are you guys doing with your time? Shitposting on Sup Forums? What if when we all die off all intelligent life is gone. We probably aren't making it another 100 million years unless we get some kind of alien presence to guide us. Whether we nuke ourselves to death or a meteor finally lands right our species has a very high chance of dying off in the next 100 million years. This is an incredibly depressing thought honestly.

>If he's real he's given you this life
Yeah that's what I'm angry with him about tbh.

>Something that wasn't alive. Just inorganic matter.

>Something that wasn't alive. Just inorganic matter.

....sorry but inorganic matter is definitely something. It's not life but it's absolutely not nothing.
So again, you present no evidence that nothing is even possible.

>And before that existed, nothing existed in our solar system.

If you mean that at one time our solar system didn't exist then you are correct. Of course all that matter was present elsewhere.
Still no evidence of nothing.
Try again.

>This law is the foundation of our universe, and continues to do so.

You can repeat that as often as you like. You've yet to support that assertion.

>. Places at where it never existed.

Sure. And what evidence to you have to suggest that in those places there is nothing? No matter, no space, no time.
Go on.Let's hear it...

lol

I'm a Deist, so I believe that there is a God and Jesus is the Son of God. I believe God is like a clock-maker. He created the world and put it in motion, but doesn't play much of a role in our daily lives. We will be judged, but he mostly watches everything. The world's affairs are seen by Him, and our choices will add up in the end, but until then, He is still up there, watching our every move. That's how I see it.

Deism isn't synonymous with believing only in the Christian deity...

No you will be plucked like a weed and cast into the everlasting fire. While the survivors live forever on your burning energy energy cannot be created or destroyed only rearranged Lord Jesus ain't nobody got time to burn forever.

the best is
>time is linked to space!
lmfao, completely out of context and construed to mean something entirely different, toppest of keks.

There is no place in existence that contains nothingness. To state that there is only proves that something exists to contain it.

No, religion is slavery, It has always and will always be a vector of control over a population. Free yourself.

You might wanna check this out: amazon.com/gp/product/1591024811?ie=UTF8&tag=booktalk08-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=1591024811

or this: amazon.com/gp/product/0618680004?ie=UTF8&tag=booktalk08-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0618680004

They are both a little abrasive but very level headed.

Good luck.

Everything is made of energy that energy is what flows through all things. We a re all just 1s and 0s on Gods computer.

>There is no place in existence that contains nothingness

Agreed. So why does anyone who's not adhering to "in the beginning there was nothing" assume that nothing is even possible?

Religion was created to control the ignorant masses and to give interpretation to things that weren't known to have an explanation at that time, or they did have some sort of legitimate explanation that was subsequently quashed in order to maintain the ignorance of the masses and control over them.

I agree if you read revelation when Jesus comes back hes pretty pissed off with every church kinda makes you wander.

No. God is.

If he does, he doesn't want us to know what's actually going on.
Sure, he created that message about his perfect plan, but that's not the first (or last) time that happened. The fact that the perfect plan includes the existence of hundreds of major religions over tens of thousands of years means none of them can actually be the one true message.
If God wanted there to only be one true message, then that's all there *would* be. It's not like an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent being wouldn't be able to make it clear if he really wanted to.

Not saying that people shouldn't believe _____ whole-heartedly. Clearly God's plan has a purpose for people who believe ______ is the absolute truth, but he also apparently has a purpose for people who believe [______] whole-heartedly, and people who believe ??????? whole-heartedly, etc, etc.

Because if he didn't want that, it couldn't exist.

They read books with fairy tales in them that are intended to provide parables to lead a moral life, but would rather use them as a science book.

I am one with the force. The force is with me.

No, DARKSEID IS.
God is "He who is called I AM"

This is ignorance the Bible has proven science was born from the Bible peoples drive to disprove it have time after time proved it. Advanced mathematics the earth is round every major scientific breakthrough The Big Bang God spoke waves of energy into existence.

Hawkins has warned about us trying to reach out to aliens. We might end up kunta kintes to aliens. They enslave us and then take all our cool shit, like water.

Tell that to Omar Mateen.

Isaiah 55:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

lol yup

"The Tao that can be expressed in words is not the true Tao."
"The moment one opens his mouth to speak of the Tao, he misses the mark entirely."

If you're asking if someone hears you when you pray, then no, God does not exist. But here's a trap for your troubles.

>as the heavens are higher than the earth
so....not at all?
Because there is no "higher than" since the earth is just a little ball waaaaaaaay of in West Bumfuck, Nowhere near the end of one spiral arm of one spiral galaxy in a small-ish cluster of galaxies way off to the side of the universe.

The heavens being "above the earth" kinda went out the window when we realized that we're orbiting the sun.

Funny how those fairy tale books mention city's that wind up being real bitch slapping your flawed science right in the face.