I'm struggling with alcohol consumption. I drink at least 25 days a month. I'm starting to get worried...

I'm struggling with alcohol consumption. I drink at least 25 days a month. I'm starting to get worried. I read about Cirrhosis of the Liver. I'm 28 and I've been doing this for 10 years. I want to stop, I don't want to die young. Any help or advice, or stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/9a7baas
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chris?

nope

kek rippp

OK i'll just go fuck myself then.

please do

Okay just making sure. Try taking acid/smoking weed. Weed makes me chill, acid is an experience that I can't accurately describe but it's amazing

If it's a beer or two a night noneyhing to worry about

It you're getting black out drunk on the hard stuff, see ya later!

Stop drinking or drink in moderation.

How much do you drink on a daily basis?

Smoke weed instead

google "Wat Thamkrabok" its your only hope

4 or 5 liters of strong beer (5.9%). About as much as I can handle without getting sick and being able to go to work in the morning

You'd better stop, dude. I'm not much older than you, and I'm pretty sure my liver and kidneys are fucked. I wish I would have stopped at your age. Seriously, you are approaching a very bad situation if you don't quit.

Reduce your intake.
Replace it with something else, a different activity.

Every time you feel like a drink, study a particular subject, or read the next part of a book,,or do some exercise, or eat a carrot instead.

It is call aversion therapy. It works.
The rest is will power, keeping yourself busy and around other people who don't drink or at least won't drink while around you.
Avoid places of situations that link with drinking.
Take up a new hobby, something positive to fill time, that you can improve at and is useful - preferably something you can share with other people if you want to.

It will take a while for your brain chemistry to rewire itself and not be so dependent on the drink, but it will happen. Persevere.
Six months or a year later you will feel much better.
Lived can regenerate 90% of itself, but only, if you stop poisoning it.

I've never used drugs in my life. I don't even know where to start. Who do I talk to, how do i get it? I'm a complete noob

Don't replace the booze with drugs, man. It's not a good idea.

Cut down over a few months then stop.
Think positively and realise that a lot of stuff is reversible, the sooner the better.
Knew a guy who turned his life around at 50, became a different person - physically and mentally.

Yeah, smoke pot or something to help.
Or maybe just DONT DRINK?
Not AA,shits a cult
What about rehab?

You will die young user, you need to stop asap, or you will be dying by 35

Maybe try to drink only what it takes to get the edge off?

How much do you drink?
Was your mother or father an alcho too?

AA man I've been clean and sober 6 years and if you actually do what's suggested then life gets pretty damn good

Yeah, that's too much.
Funny that you consider 5.9% strong bear, in Europe, or et least the Netherlands, that is considered the standard percentage.
Still, 4 of 5 liters is a pretty big amount. I don't know where you are from, but some countries cover the expenses of alcoholism treatment.
Another option is try to use shrooms or acid. Might not work always but I know some people that had some benefits. The other option is just to stop drinking, which is hard.

Shit, just just talk to some guy in a bar. Everyone smokes weed these days, acid, however, is a lot harder to find. Took me a couple years to find it but well worth the search.

You've obviously never smoked weed before.

You obviously haven't smoked weed long enough, or you have enough character not to get fucked over by it.

I've heard that AA has a terrible success rate... are you sure it works?

If you're a Jesus-fag, then AA. If not, then there are alternative treatments. Try smoking cannabis instead.

I'll take the latter

strawpoll.com/9a7baas

Quitting is for pussies. No one likes a quitter.

Very wise choice.

one thing that scares the shit out of me is when heavy drinkers suddenly go cold turkey, the shock to the system kills them. if i'm in that category

haha thanks fam, nice chuckle. You actually put some effort into this.