Thoughts on this drawing I did?

Thoughts on this drawing I did?

Bumpp

unsettling surrealism done in a subtle way

I like it

I know nothing about art, but I actually like this a lot. It's hauntingly beautiful. Awesome piece of work.

I'm proud of you user.

if you actually drew it, thats pretty dope

its a good drawing but theres abvvout 30% chance its urs cuz if u had that much of discipline you would not rly be on here and tehre are so many better places for art critique

Looks good. I'd hang it on the wall.

Oh shit are you the same guy I told to do depressing portraits with charcoal?

also if you have more post it

Can I use this for my soundcloud album

Thanks everyone! Glad you all dig it :)

See pic

If you really want it, email me at [email protected]

Yeah lol

Only if you link my Instagram somewhere in the song @sam.sheers.art

What are some of your inspirations as an artist? What was your inspiration for this particular piece? I know this is Sup Forums and I should be calling you a "faggot" and a "nigger" but I honestly want to know these things.

Also I lost on Sup Forums because it's a fast board, and y'all are unpretentious and surprisingly kind considering the reputation this board has

Fuck yea dude, I knew that style looked familiar. Keep fucking making these.

love it. I cant do people yet but working on it.

great time to rent out a studio op

tis a long road

my mom does the same thing , though now she works at home and sells on saatchi

how is ur job/finance going OP?
im curious as to how successful you are in that department since your art skills are quite refined (especially for ur age prob)

i just recently graduated art school and stuck in a sad sad hole

just checked your instagram, you have a lot of potential. a lot of people today call themselves artists but dont have your talent to actually make art. just stay humble and dont become one of those cunts

I meant post on Sup Forums not lost on Sup Forums btw

I will. Thanks, my guy

For this drawing in particular, my biggest inspiration was John Singer Sargent. In general, I enjoy the work of Picasso, Matisse, Bacon, Freud, Basquiat, and Degas to name a few

Thanks. My advice would be to just practice and to train yourself to see relationships of shapes and how they fit together in proportion

Wish I could, but I'm poor as fuck. My room works fine. But a studio would be nice because I could start painting with oils because they're messy af.
I'm thinking about starting a patreon, but if you really wanna support me you can email me at [email protected] and buy a drawing

Like I said, it's not going great. But I'm only 19, so I don't expect to make a living from art at this point in my life. My parents want me to get a summer job, but I'm wary because that means less time to draw.

Thanks, dude. I try to stay humble. After all, I'm young and I still have a lot of learning, improvement, and life ahead of me

i would like to see just how good the quality of your work will end up in those years ahead

I'd like to see that too. I have big aspirations.

what do you like to draw?

I like drawing portraits the most. Double portraits are cool too for portraying relationships between people. I like exploring and capturing emotions and existential loneliness and dread.

you have a flair for it. i think you could also possibly create some interesting takes on nature and buildings

gay

>Thoughts on this drawing I did?

Good and creepy.

depressing but nice to look at.

wouldn't purchase tho

I fucking dig it.

I think you should keep drawing creepy girls.

I'll try that out and see how it goes

Methinkest thou shalt repost on

To everyone who has left positive feedback, you have no idea how much that means to me. I'm well aware that I shouldn't rely on other people for validation, but it makes me feel good to see all these people enjoying my work.
Less than a year ago, when I posted my work it was met with nearly unanimous negative criticism, so it's nice to see that I'm starting to get good

Glad to see you aren't dead yet also great work on the drawing

bro,i love art to. I draw traditionally witch pencils and inklinners,and color digitally. You have a nice and dark style. I like it

yeah you should burn this and never speak of it again

I really enjoyed how you used shading to create an effect of almost a variety of colors. Its hard to give the impression of differing hues on a monochromatic piece of art so props to you. I also liked the subtle details you out in her face to give it that sort of "detail from a distance". You didn't neglect it but you didn't overdo it either so it feels like you're actually seeing the portrait from the position of distance. Props user!

looks like the thread has run its course. i will be checking your instagram

Haha I've gotten similar feedback before. For another drawing, someone said it looked like a drawing that would kill you in 7 days after you looked at it