Tfw when you find out pic related is the GOAT rock musician and his best albums edge out any Beatles album or almost...

>tfw when you find out pic related is the GOAT rock musician and his best albums edge out any Beatles album or almost any other rock album as the greatest rock albums of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z42ZznSir34
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't know who that is lol

1. ugly as fuck
2. stupid voice. *le post punk monotone shit*
3. uglier nick cage
4. music is ok but people pretend its amazing because hes from australia, a country of mental midgets
5. dumb

Tender Prey, Murder Ballads, Let Love In and The Good Son are all masterpieces but edging out Rubber Soul or Sgt Peppers? Press x for doubt

b8 harder

Kek how can you not know Nick Cave, he's like one of the greatest musicians ever.

Plan for your future or stick to doing something simple for the time being if you can't participate in the forums semi-meaningfully as it stands.

Nah he's pretty fucking good and people like him because he was in many good bands, is a talented composer and of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds is just so fucking good.

Let Love In=Murder Ballads>Sgt. Peppers>The Firstborn Is Dead>Tender Prey=Henry's Dream>99.9% of all rock music

>tfw its been 7 years since hes made music with an electric guitar

>tfw when Skeleton Tree was the best album of 2016 and my 2nd personal favorite of 2016

>sgt peppers is the best beatles album
well at least now i know you aren't serious

>Let Love In=Murder Ballads>Sgt. Peppers

The Birthday Party, yay or nay?

Well, thats what the poster gave me.
The actual best Beatles album is Abbey Road.
The reason why I didnt mention Rubber Soul is because Rubber Soul is just decent.

There is no fucking way that sgt. Pepper is better than Tender Prey you pleb.

you know its true
yay
in terms of pure influence, yes

I didn't like Skeleton Tree. Nearly every song sounded the same. The whole album is just a sad old man rambling in a deep monotone.

These are my fav Nick Cave songs

1) thoughts
2) what are essentials im missing iyo based on my tastes

ive hardly listened to boatmans call, no more shall we part, nocturana, abattoit/orpheus, push the sky, skelton

I'm sorry but there is no beatles record that is better of Tender Prey or Henry's Dream in any terms, you're retarded or 10 years old.

I'm glad to see more of Sup Forums has been listening to him, he is the literal GOAT in my eyes
Nocturama is the only album by the Bad Seeds id call any less than great imo, you should check out the other ones tho

Do you have trouble with comprehension? I clearly said in terms of pure influence.

But it isn't. You don't know many about music outside dad rock don't you?

Wow. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be this dumb.

You must be blind to the world if you dont realize the influence Sgt. Pepper had.
Plus apart from the Mercy Seat, Tender Prey is pretty obscure. Murder Ballads and Let Love In are more well known and therefore bound to have more influence.

Well you don't need to imagine because you are really dumb.

The one who's blind to the world is you because you think that something more popular means more infuential kek.

Haha very clever my friend XDDDDD

Are you legitimately retarded? Of course it means that. Do you think more people were influenced by some dadrock like Led Zeppelin, which while mediocre, was more popular, therefore more accessible to a wider audience, therefore having a massive outreach to the youth, who in turn reacted to the act by creating similar music (i.e, grunge) or somebody more obscure such as some oddballs like Ramleh or The Dicks, who while probably influenced some noise or some punk artists, are almost completely unrecognized relative to Led Zeppelin?

Listening to Skeleton Tree for first time now

What should I expect?

Nah you're retarded because you are so into popular music and dad rock that you literally don't even know anything about other music genres kek.

And of course Nick Cave isn't obscure at all even Tender Prey so I don't really know what's your fucking problem.

gloomy atmospheres and lyrics about death
(You)
Also Nick Cave is obscure relative to the Beatles, who have sold much more in merch and record sales. I'm not saying he's obscure in general, you legitimate retard.

>Tender Prey is pretty obscure
Not it isn't you legitimate retard. Stop saying that a popular band is obscure in any context just because it's not as popular with 6 years old as The Beatles.

In Australia Nick Cave is basically required listening if you're an upper middle class suburban child. Everyone knows him here, passed down from their lawyer dads.

Jesus Christ, where you at a school for special kids? Your refusal to admit you were wrong is making you regurgitate the same statements over and over again. Context clearly matters when talking about anything and in any context the Beatles are more popular with everybody relative to the Bad Seeds. The fact that you can't get that clear fact makes me legitimately angry. People like you are the reason why I get anxiety attacks, because no matter how much I whine, they always rebutt with something that shows their ignorance, and it's usually in the form of repeated statements. You ruined what was an otherwise decent day for me. And now I feel like an autist for getting so mad and writing a fucking essay about how you irritate me and how some random stranger on the internet's comment made me like this. This is going to probably be some copypasta or some retarded meme.
Holy fucking shit

>RELATIVE TO THE BEATLES
I don't live in or have ever been to Australia, so I wouldn't know anything about how you people perceive them there.

You get angry because you're wrong kek. Popularity doesn't have anything to do with influence, deal with it.

I live in Europe and Nick Cave is very popular even here so you must live in a small village.

You are wrong. Admit it.
Or don't.
Can you abandon this so I dont have a heart attack or a fucking seizure and continue to talk about Nick Cave and not pointlessly argue?

Lol forget The Beatles. Ringo's solo career has been more influential than this dude.

I never really found any people in high school who liked Nick Cave as a fan. Most people didn't know him at all, or said that it was "oh yeah, that guy with the deep voice my uncle/dad listens to".
I grew up in a suburb where nobody knew shit about anything and literally me and only two other guys in high school were interested in music.

I think you had a seizure first time when you wrote in this thread and right know it's just getting worse. So maybe stop writing random things with no sense in here and go for a walk or something?

Thanks to modern technology, I can throw on my favorite Ringo Starr record, go for a walk, and post in this thread all at the same time! What a time to be alive!

>random things with no sense
Holy shit, you have no self-awareness.
Also, the Ringo post wasn't me.
I am OP and I was hoping to talk about Nick Cave instead of endlessly arguing. But you know what, I'll take a walk. Fine.

kek

>The actual best Beatles album is Abbey Road.
see

My favorite Nick Cave album is the album that he hates and calls "juvenile"

good songwriter great band not tom waits though but for some reason feels to me on the same level

Which one was that because I can't find it now?

The Boys Next Door - Door, Door

This is literally the funniest bait I've ever seen. I'm cackling.

mm nope. He's an excellent artist. I was raised on him as my dad was a huge fan. But there is no way he was better than the Beatles.

>Led Zeppelin
>Mediocre

Sup Forums

The birthday party's junkyard is even better if you ask me.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z42ZznSir34

>Led Zeppelin
>Good

/reddit/

>/reddit/

Underaged. You'll grow out of that faze mate.

He isn't wrong. They only had a few good tracks, and Nirvana's covers were better than their original tracks. This coming from a guy who doesn't love Nirvana.

As long as I don't grow into liking Led Zeppelin it's all good

again, >Sup Forums
It's laughable.

The ignorance is real in this thread.

>Not liking an artist
>Ignorance
Nice argument, Dadrocker

They are by far one of the least interesting Prog Rock bands of their time, Prog Rock watered down for the masses

kek pleb

>Prog Rock

Nifty bait friendo

Well they're weren't prog rock so there's your first fuck up.

Ok fine, you want a reason, I'll give you a few.

John Bonham was a legend on the kit. Ask any drummer (me included) and they'll know and talk of him. He's arguably the greatest rock drummer ever and gave LZ such a recognisable sound from his iconic heavy hands.

John Paul Jones is also considered one of the best rock bassists of all time. His melodic bass is some of the best you can hear. He was a master of filling space in riffs and was a talented pianist. Try and tell me John Paul Johns is nothing but a genius.

Jimmy Page is a huge figure in the guitar world. He had incredible talent at writing extremely powerful and recognisable riffs. People stab at his technical ability, but only really because he's called the best ever by people who know nothing of guitarists. He's still extremely talented.

Robert Plant has an immediately identifiable voice, and though he was criticised for sloppiness in his later career, he still had one of the best voices in the industry. His lyrics work is up there with the best as well as having a very unique style of singing his lines.

The band was considered a supergroup as each member (other than plant) was an established pro already.

Going past individual talent.
They basically ushered the 70's in terms of rock. They defined a generation and were consistently on the charts till they broke up.

Are you seriously going to try and tell me as a little pleb on Sup Forums that they're mediocre?

I'm a drummer so fuck off with you're holier than thou bullshit

Terrible reasons, saying the musicians is talented is fine but it doesn't change the fact that they made entirely mediocre music. Plenty of mediocre bands have great musicians.

Yeah. Just because I'm not as successful as Led Zep doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Completely uninteresting blues with pretensions to prog but without the songwriting chops to pull it off

I don't believe you at all that you're a drummer. Led Zeppelin, and especially Bonham was all about technicality and complexity.

Ok, ok.

Whats your choice of music then, if Led Zeppelin are mediocre.

so they're mediocre because you don't like the genre?

Just because songs are long, doesn't mean theyre prog.

Why not? I never refuted Bonham's ability as a drummer, although I think Bruford is superior. I play jazzy drumming primarily though.

Talk Talk is probably my favourite band, as you asked.

No I love the genre when it's done well; how is some of the stuff off of III and Houses of the Holy anything other than Prog?