/180/: BDO LAKESIDE WORLD PROFESSIONAL DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 3

Day three of the BDO World Championships from the Lakeside really has very little to offer, especially after the outstandingly dire opening weekend.

There's another prelim namesakes battle as Canada's David Cameron plays Netherlands' Jimmy Hendriks; Hendriks dumped out Wolfie 4 years ago as a qualifier and will be hoping to do something similar this year. Welsh youngster and 2016 PDC Development Tour Order of Merit winner Dean Reynolds faces the Victorian literary character Pip Blackwell as well in the afternoon.

In the evening, Welsh binman Martin Phillips plays prelim winner Paul Hogan, Raymond Smith will be hoping to beat another Belgian bottler in Geert de Vos following his win over the glacial Davy van Baelen, and Barnsley's answer to David Brent - Brian "Doggy" Dawson - is up against 2016 finalist and now full-on PDC hater Jeff Smith. Doggy had a good match against 2001 winner John Walton at this stage last year, so there may be something similar on show tonight.

In the women's draw, Dean Winstanley's wife Lorraine battles against Dutch whale Anca Zijlstra. With Deano taking a year out of darts to focus on getting his shoulder problems sorted/serving a ban for racist Facebook videos (delete as applicable) expect him to appear and spout a load of shit in an interview.

Coverage starts at 12:35pm on Channel 4 before switching to BT Sport 1 at 6:45pm.

All matches are best of 5 sets except women's matches (best of 3 sets). Women's matches are in greentext.

>Today's matches (12:35pm - 5:00pm)
David Cameron v Jimmy Hendriks (P)
Craig Caldwell v Dennis Harbour (P)
Dean Reynolds (7) v Pip Blackwell

>Tonight's matches (6:45pm - 10:45pm)
Martin Phillips (16) v Paul Hogan
>Lorraine Winstanley (5) v Anca Zijlstra
Geert de Vos (15) v Raymond Smith
Brian Dawson (12) v Jeff Smith

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pGd-FALf0Eg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ze_nelQUT2A
pdc.tv/news/article/sdwz8drmod6215dmxo31gikrq/title/2017-unibet-masters-draw--schedule
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What an exciting line-up

In other news: van Gerwen has won that German celebrity darts event (who would have guessed that) youtube.com/watch?v=pGd-FALf0Eg

Jesus, will be giving today a miss.

>Ted Hankey is only 48
>looks about 70
>gets booed in both the BDO and PDC to the point it affects his performance

Should I feel sorry for him?

If my name was David Cameron, my walk-on music would be Things Can Only Get Better for the bants.

Jimmy Hendriks is the most embarrassingly arrogant gimp I have ever seen in my life. Is he always like this?

Anyone got a working stream? cricfree ain't working atm.

Literally free outside the UK on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ze_nelQUT2A

not online (yet).

JUST

Thanks. But it's not working right now for me and, according to the comments, other as well for some reason.

Oh wait it just started working. Thanks again.

It works now

>David Cameron vs Jimmy Hendriks
>Excalibur vs the Captain
Are these the worst nicknames in darts?

>forgetting Frosty The Throwman

>implying that's not so bad it's already good again

But if you had the same name as a celebrity, why wouldn't you pick a nickname that includes that? They could have been The Minister vs Voodoo Child. That would be so much better.

And "Pecker" Woods.

>Darude - Sandstorm

>Meme song and Barney's song

State of the BDO

B A R N E Y

>Harbours diastolic blood pressure is higher than the averages

kek

who /Caldwell/ here?

So close to that 146

No. I don't trust him.
>Australian
>Hometown: Wellington
Wellington is in New Zealand, yo.

Also,
>Nickname: CC
>Shirt says Sandstorm

pdc.tv/news/article/sdwz8drmod6215dmxo31gikrq/title/2017-unibet-masters-draw--schedule

>The Masters now a 3 day event
Interesting.

Pray 4 Wizard

>Phil Taylor (6) v Michael Smith (11)
Whatever happens, /180/ wins.

...and another set it is.

chokechokechoke

>19 left
>throw 17 to leave D1

This is an absolute mongfest. A travesty it can be even called a World Championship.

>Bobby George tomorrow
Get hype

Is he playing in the seniors event?

Hopefully Channel 4 and BT Sport see the light and dump it after this year.

Smooth 71

Reynolds on suicide watch, though I guess everyone watching this shit is too.

another lakeside classic desu

Delicious 13.

these dean reynolds "fans" are just like the swine pdc crowds, hopefully they are going home tonight

ABSOLUTE CHOKEFEST

>29 dart winning leg
>winning with an 81 average
"Professional" darts.

why the fuck are they doing interviews in the canteen

this is the BRITISH darts organization m8, not the PROFESSIONAL darts corporation

>Andrew Gilding eating his dinner in the background during the interview at the bar

Seeing as OP has retired from doing his end of session round ups can we get justin credible to do them instead?

I have a good hearty kek at JC's rants (especially the ones aimed at Jamie Caven), but fuck me, he's such a miserable cunt.

I don't think there's a single player he actually likes except Philth.

What was the name of the documentary that has Ross Montgomery in it? Older one and on BBC, iirc.

>tfw mvg and darts nobody wiese averaged higher than some matches in this bdo tournament

He likes Wade.

This is back on if anyone cares.

Haven't seen you this cynical even OP. Happy I can't see most matches today

Ever*

This tournament is a complete violation of the Trade Descriptions Act, that's why.

For the BDO to be showcasing this as "professional darts" is a disgrace to actual professional players.

Yeah I know what you mean. All this prelims in the evening thus far have been pissing me off too.

>lets put "best players" in noon session so we can watch some great prelim and women matches in the evening.

I've been swamped with coursework what's so bad about it. Do the averages paint an accurate picture or is there something else to it?

The averages are pretty significant, yeah. When most of these guys are struggling to get a 90 average, you know this isn't professional darts.

Add in the fact the preliminary round matches are inexplicably the same length as first round matches, the majority of matches feel like they're being played in a morgue and go at the pace of dead people, and the general tackiness of the event, it's no wonder this hasn't been taken seriously for a very long time.

Thanks for the reminder. Although I will probably will only endure one more hour or so.

What OP said. And the prelim matches are not only the same length as the first round matches but they have been horrible so far. I wonder how long the BDO will be able to broadcast this tournament.

Home from work just in time to watch the REAL darts lads

You're more than a week late then :^)

>that tattooed hottie is hogans daughter

wew

It also doesn't help that Lakeside starts literally a week after the PDC worlds. When you have some of the best darts matches ever fresh in your memory, it's incredibly hard to go back to this.

At this point I'm not sure what the BDO can do. Their product is in absolute shambles, and any decent player coming up in the BDO quickly moves over to the PDC to try and make an actual living out of darts.

if this continues they just won't be financially viable very soon, and will get bought by pdc

Phillips getting BTFO

Yeah, didn't uncle Barry try to buy out the BDO once before?

yeah he did but bdo has been in a steady decline since

The BDO will never succumb to PDC imperialism

nothing will happen while Olly is allive but he is like 90 so after he croaks id expect the BDO to end

>Up 2-0 in sets
>start jobbing

>another 2-2 "thriller"

can't wait

dicks out for anca

Martin Phillips is one of the few BDO players who just gets on with it and doesn't get involved with shitty politics.

I admire him for that.

>22

so close to the fabled 3

>Hogan

C H O K E
H
O
K
E

>hogan averaging 9 points more than phillips
>can't kill him off

Fuck this shit.

H O G A N

Checked

Only thing I miss at the PDC is the wives/relatives close ups

tfw no hankey's mom

>50 minutes for that

Hogan breaching that 90 average!

>justin credible

Can someone set me up on this guy?
Read his blog, he's ranting about everyone and everything. Why?
And why is he still watching the darts if everything is so shit and everyone is a cunt? I don't get it.

averages for this "classic"?

Binman: 83.61
Hogan: 91.62

thanks

>100 avg is the norm
not here hehe

>women's darts
what is the point of this? they look like bog creatures and are terrible at it

if you put these two pricks on mute and watch their faces you can actually watch their souls withering and dying.

>sex bomb

it's funny

What's the M factor of Lorraine?

Imagine Dean and her going at it

if Anca ate MvG would her average go up 20 points?

good start

>Winstanley is not a full-time professional darts player, and works as a beauty therapist

Is Dean her magnum opus?

Do the Winstanleys have kids? I can't imagine what they must fucking look like with that genetic stew.

>ayup that's it luv right there

Hey Dean, I'm watching your wife's match with my pants down my ankles.

How does this make you feel?

>anastasia lost to this last year

muh waifu