Please I just want to understand why people say pic related is their best

Please I just want to understand why people say pic related is their best

it's the rawest

You just have to listen to it more, also think of it less as an ambitious anco album and more like proto ariel pink experimental diy

to be fair it's a pretty damn ambitious album

yeah I guess so

>pay to listen to their music
>they try to make u deaf with white noise

scumbags

not true btw

Because it's really good if you go past the noise or have good headphones.

Nope

It's their most juvenile

it's their saddest

dxm helped me understand, i don't recommend it though

it really encapsulates childhood, which I feel is hard to genuinely get across in music. Everything has this very unique lo-fi to it, not just your standard daniel johnston or microphones lo-fi. it all is just really beautiful and unique.

i dont like these threads, you dont begin to like an album just because someone told you why it's good. just listen to it more, if you start to like it then good and if you dont, thats okay maybe its just not for you.

OP wants opinions you self-important idiot

If you're genuinely depressed I think it helps out better than most things

this, also the songwriting is excellent, particularly on Chocolate Girl and Alvin Row. great melodies, unique sound, creative, fun, scary, and playful

honestly the melodies are just godlike and I've never heard anything that's similar to it

it's very very different than their other stuff, so the Sup Forums fanbase is split between "Spirit is best" and "one of the others is their best." thus, naturally, you see it get mentioned everywhere.

personally, i love spirit and only like everything else.

the whole album feels like being a kid, that youthful joy and the surprises around every corner. the high frequencies don't really bother me, I think they're used really well and sound good. untitled is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard

honestly fuck my dickhole you stray fucking bitch.

It's their 2nd best after Stawberry Jam

This is headache-core. I honestly don't see the appeal

he fell for the anco is good meme

Honestly, not true. I didn't understand Burial until a friend of mine described his music as "beauty in broken things" - and that unlocked a completely different way of seeing his music for me.

It feels out of this world. I don't believe in ranking albums in a discography but I'd say this album -along at least 6 other Animal Collective projects- is god-tier

Lets get real, despite it being a meme, this is their best.