The way I see it, clinging on to obscure, underground genres of music (i.e., "harsh noise, lowercase, etc...

The way I see it, clinging on to obscure, underground genres of music (i.e., "harsh noise, lowercase, etc.) like sweet life itself is a tell-all sign of having no originality whatsoever. It's on the end of the spectrum of normie-tier radio music. People pretend to like because it tells them that they a.) They are talented, despite the fact that talent requires actually being good at something that isn't generating as much god-awful noise as possible, and b.) They are the only real music fans, because "fake fans and normies" can't understand their shitty electro-farts.

In short, learn a real instrument or GTFO.

Other urls found in this thread:

ancientbogattitude.bandcamp.com/album/-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What if I know five real instruments and listen to music from more genres than I can name and still like harsh noise?

You good, then. I'm just referring to the troglodytes on this board who hide behind genres like that to mask the fact that the have no talent.

>despite the fact that talent requires actually being good at something that isn't generating as much god-awful noise as possible
Discarded. I'm not saying you don't have a point but read up on forms of music that aren't based solely around melody

Thoroughly shit reasoning, honestly. No one has to earn the right to make something unconventional.

well genres of music like that arnt based around how talented a person is, instead its almost like a statement as to what you can classify as music, sound art, ect. People arnt always making these things because they think they are some how more evolved regular music fans. Theres actually so much to enjoy from these styles of music. Alot of musical orgasms can be had if its done right
And no im not one of the people you are referring to who hide behind these genres and think im better, i enjoy them as much as i enjoy something like pop, hip hop, folk, ect. Theres just many more factors to consider when judging pieces as obscure as what you mentioned

He doesn't have a point though.

This, harsh noise walls and other things like them are pushing at the boundaries of what music can be. They are statements meant to ask the listener where they draw the line between meaningless noise and music itself.

So what do you think of noise music made by talented musicians? Of course there will always be posers that like experimental non pop music for a fashion statement, but i wouldn't put down any entire genres just because it sounds "god awful." people go that far because they're actually bored with more conventional things.

eh, that boundary was already pushed as far as it could possibly go by like 1960

Then explain harsh noise and ambient music.

No

experimental pieces like this is what i want more of. If OP cant find the beauty in this then i dont know man

ancientbogattitude.bandcamp.com/album/-

Learn your history. Fluxus was already way more radical. Every sound was already admissible as music. There's nothing to challenge after that, no boundary to push.

Then I have no choice but to decree you a simpleton.

How is that experimental at all? it's pretty shitty sounding and poorly executed, really

>How is that experimental at all
Do you have a different definition than everyone else? i mean everyone have opinions but i cant understand how this is not an experimental piece

not him but if it's really considered experimental it's experimental in the way kid a is which is not that much. there are some interesting parts where some of the sounds are reversed creating depth and good texture but i fail to how it's experimental. is it the structure of the song? maximalist approach? those things have been done before and done better

It's diatonic for one thing. It's not complicated or difficult. The structure of it is self-consciously eccentric, but not in a way that's actually justified. It's basic shit with a dash of lolrandom goofiness.

Listen to Scope by Nobukazu Takemura.

I fail to understand how this is equivalent to how experimental kid a was. I barely see kid a as being experimental. This piece on the other hand is much different, for one there is barely any structure to the song for it is nothing more than multiple keyboards clashing into eachother, also it may be maximalist in sound but attempting to look at it with other factors, there are alot of minimal aspects of it as well. Its also hard to tie it down into a specific category without bringing multiple names into it. Which alot of multiple experimental pieces have in common. Alot of experimental pieces can actually just be tied down by a name and idea and such, and even though sounds like this were done before, its still a tune i love. Because even music like this is subjective

im a fan of his work as well

i was just saying that kid a is hardly experimental like the track that was posted. they can be called experimental because the artist maybe hadn't done anything like that prior but everything they tried had already been experimented with. i wouldn't call kid a experimental either

Dont get me wrong i know EXACTLY where youre coming from and on a certain standpoint i can somewhat agree. I just have a soft spot for sounds like these is all. I just posted that one because i think it can be a good gateway to that specific style, and could be accessible to those who dont usually tread on that style. But i just really like how it was executed on the track posted.
Plus its okay if shit like that was done before, Vomir wasnt the only one who made harsh wall noise and people are still making and loving that style.
Also dont think im attempting to argue, i just love these types of discussions