ALL MEMES ASIDE

ALL MEMES ASIDE

Is prime Gerrard the most complete player of all time?

Complete as in, every facet of the game he could do at an above average level.

>Crossing
>Passing
>Tackles
>Heading
>Pace
>Penalties
>Free Kicks
>Long Balls

Put him at any position on the pitch at his best and he could do any above average job.

I think the only player that runs him close is maybe Yaya Toure.

Players like Ballack, Lampard, Scholes etc were great box-to box and could do the defensive and offensive parts of the game to a great standard but could you imagine them playing as winger or centre forward and then also wingback / centreback?

Prime Gerrard could easily do that for Liverpool

Lampard was better

no

Not what the thread is about

Give a better example then

Anything he can do, prime Rooney can do it better

what about balance?

>le most complete player meme

he was average at everything, and great at nothing, in other words.

>Give a better example then
Beckenbauer

Rather than all you autists just saying no why doesn't someone actually give a coherent argument listing his faults using empirical evidence

No, Gerrard was a thick cunt of a player who had no understanding of footballer.

The best two seasons he and Liverpool had were in 09 and 14 when he was played behind the striker, and he wasn't in centre-midfield to fuck everything up. As I said he was dreadfully thick and didn't have the intelligence to be a playmaker, but that didn't stop him trying and failing at it.

You have only watched YouTube highlights of home so how do you know that

None of the defensive aspects Rooney could do better.

Great at:

>volleys
>long balls
>free kicks
>blooters
>crossing

>implying

agree, it's not accidentally his greatest successes came when he played alongside Xabi Alonso. Gerrard was good complement to any team, but you can't build midfield with him as best player.

so pointless hollywood skills that don't matter anywhere but in England?

>Beckenbauer

>kek

You're talking about a player who finished playing 40 years ago.

Exactly how old are you

I was going to raise a point but it keeps slipping my mind

xabi alonso is the player gerrard would have been if he wasn't a thick cunt, and was brought up in a real footballing country like Spain or Italy.

sadly Gerrard was too busy trying 80-yard cross field passes and long shots to learn how to play as a playmaker.

Cesc Fabregas is unironically more of a premier league legend than Gerrard.

>Put him at any position on the pitch at his best and he could do any above average job.

put him in a position of not slipping and he could do an above average job

he was the best player in the league in the seasons after Ronaldo left.

sadly poop ruined him.

No that would be Milner

Milner is not great going forward.

>take one of the most effective between the lines midfielders in the world
>a man who racks up goals and assists
>play him as a centre forward

Are you implying Cesc has had a better career than Gerrard?

He has 10x the number of trophies
He has played at two 10x bigger clubs
He has played for a 10x bigger national team

he unquestionably has.

Gerrard has had a shit career. Even John O'Shea and Wes Brown had better ones

His overall stats are also wayy better than Gerrard and he's 6 years younger

I've missed you, you know.

WEW

Based gypsybro is GOAT

This. He has the best goal contribution for a box-to-box midfielder and his workrate was good enough to defend.

No flairshit, no Hollywood blooters, no controlling le tempo xd. Just goals, assists and tracking back.

Totti is better at all of those things though.

ALL MEMES ASIDE how good can a player that never won the league be?

>Complete as in, every facet of the game he could do at an above average level.
Why the fuck would I want an above average player?

PRIME KAKA

'nuff said.

Being put in a position of a man who is about to win a league title for the first time in 25 years for his club he surely did something spectacular no average player ever did

Good answers la
Marchisio's better than Gerrard too

Oh my...

>no Hollywood blooters

lel

he dealt strongly in speculative efforts that deflected in and penalties

yeah he also was the MVP in the Champions League final they won

But muh memes

I agree with you that Gerrard was one of the most complete players in the Premier League at that time and maybe of all time. However I think that prime Viera was on a similar level of midfield dominance.

>deflections

Thats because he isn't stupid enough to put his faith in top corner blooters and logically kicks it low for the chance of a corner/own goal.

>penalties

Take them away from him (as well as all the other midfielders) and he still has the better numbers.

>all memes aside
>discussing Liverpool

What are you even trying to do? I'll just assume this is reverse trolling of some sort

Outside of Liverpool, he will be remembered more for his errors, than his accomplishments. Sad, but true.

OH STEVIE HES DONE YOU AGAIN

Makelele, Gullit, Viera all better easily

Vieira was many, many times better

You could say the same about Pogba.

You now remember Fernando Hierro you little bitch.

Bale can literally play all positions

Steven Gerrard reminds me of a similar lad.

Dele Alli.

Alli needs to leave Tottenham to prosper.

>most complete player of all time?

What the fuck?

Are liverpoop fans people this delusional?

yes

Gerrard barely had a left foot, so no, he wasn't a 'complete player'.

Lampard was great at scoring from distance, he fucking did a blooter against Chelsea without even trying to score "I didn't think it would actually go in" means he was time wasting.

Gerrard on the other hand tried to grab headlines so he could be England captain and better players could go to Liverpool. He was a shit DM in all fairness and never really moved his team forward, he was selfish and ball greedy and would often pass to the opposition overworking himself too much.

He's just a white Paul Pogba.

>>Crossing
>>Passing
>>Tackles
>>Heading
>>Pace
>>Penalties
>>Free Kicks
>>Long Balls

no

>slipping

what did OP mean by this

>never really moved his team forward

I'll give you selfish and ball greedy and the rest of it, but if he did one thing very well it was drive his team forward.

Look, I've seen him play, the celebrity big fish in a small pond definitely did suit him in that he would spray meme passes that seem to glide to the wings out of nowhere and when he needed to, he would run solo and score from nowhere or step up to a meme freekick.

It got the crowd going and that motivated the team sure. But I know if I was a professional, I wouldn't want to play with him. I wouldn't want a player who would decide when to pass and control the tempo when it was clearly out of his depth. I wouldn't want a player who would attempt clearances and tackles only to fuck up. I wouldn't want a player who would deliberately tire himself out to show he's a hard worker. He had an ego problem and during his time at Liverpool, a lot of players would come and go. Only Carragher stayed as long as Stevie did.

what abut goalkeeping?

They mattered in the CL :^)

>le kick and run mong

the fact that this cunt is regarded as an elite player just shows how far the standard of technique has dropped

>le hit it 40 yards man

He was just another Beckham.

A complete player needs to have good balance too

underrated