Should i watch this tonight? heard good things about it

should i watch this tonight? heard good things about it.

the movie is so weirdly enjoyable
I really wish I knew of another movie that has that feel to it, it's the comfiest sci fi I can think of

I loved it. Jennifer Connelly's darkened bar song was sexy as all get out and Keifer Sutherland is always good. I'm a fan of Rufus Sewell, and for once he isn't playing the pompous antagonist. Give it a go, it's no Matrix but it's a pretty solid 90s sci-fi.

yes

NO JESUS FUCK user DON'T DO IT IT MIGHT ALREADY BE TOO LATGFRYJUH7Y6T7UHJNNM B,HJ7U[6J

oh, a thread about a good movie.
4 replies.

Yes its one of the best films made in the sci fi genre

>I really wish I knew of another movie that has that feel to it
Wait for Scarlett Johannson's Ghost in the Shell.

I am 60% positive that it will be a really good cyberpunk thriller

I love this movie. A lot of people complain about the effects because it's much older CGI than most people are used to, but I think the atmosphere, plot, and excellent performances of the actors more than make up for it. I'm a bit older though, so less than absolutely stellar CGI doesn't bother me.

This.

My very favourite movie in fact.

Then you're a retard. It will suck, like most anime adaptations. Just take a look at Dragon Ball Evolution, the source material was shit enough, but that movie was just a whole new level of turd. Also, have you seen who's writing the script and directing the new GITS?

Amazing.

Maybe Proyas' best, though I have heard of people being more swayed by The Crow.

Sit yourself down, and enjoy it user. Preferably not with friends or a girlfriend to nag you throughout.

The actor who is playing Batou is super hot so it's all good for me

Knowing was a superb film. My opinion.

I hope Proyas makes another film. A shame he had to do that Gods of Egypt which may have looked good on paper but it no way was good at all on screen

Yes, this is the rating I abide to with Proyas:

Dark City > The crow = Knowing > I, Robot (an amazing movie though, but gets wacky by the end) > powergap > Gods of Egypt (hopefully a movie he was halfheartedly forced into making by some contract bullshit).

Definitely love the eeriness to Knowing. The first ten minutes are some of the stress-inducing put on film.

I always found 12 monkeys to be atleast in a similar vein.

post smart phone millennial faggots aren't most people

fuck off faggot

>hopefully a movie he was halfheartedly forced into making by some contract bullshit
Nope. Do a google search and you will find him write a long facebook message about being angry with the critics and those who hates the movie. He legit thinks it is amazing no joke.

Eh idk what got into him

:^)

It's great until the 3rd act.

>I'm a bit older though

So, 14?

thank you.

People complain about the cgi ? I thought the effects during the final stand were pretty impressive, and I saw it first around 2012

>Nic Cage
thanks but no