Is anyone capable of explaining the appeal to this band...

Is anyone capable of explaining the appeal to this band? Every time you ask one of their retarded fans why they're any good, they say something along the lines of "they're good faggot, just trust me!" Not being able to explain this band's talent is pretty indicative of how shitty they are to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wfm_B7ybfww
m.youtube.com/watch?v=avM_UsVo0IA
nin.wiki/Still
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eh, they're overrated, but I wouldn't call them shitty. I personally don't listen to them, but they're pretty highly regarded on this board.

Sup Forums is 18+. Get out.

Pick a better album to start with. With Teeth is one of their weakest. Anyway, Reznor explores some pretty original sounds. He's very good at sound design and production. It's also nifty how they combine abrasive sounds with pop sensibilities.

They probably never told you that you're faggot. You're just mad at NIN fans because you can't get into them kek.

And also:

have you listened to the whole discography? or are you one of those faggots who needs to shit out an opinion without anything to back it up.

I like Trent's work because of the slick production, that every album has tried something new and didn't cater to anyone's expectations.I like that his music follows themes and he doesn't shy away from them. From beginning to end there is no half hearted moments. With With_Teeth, he goes balls deep into talking about how fucking awful his addictions were for instance.

I like that the songs are clearly personal. Trent's not flowering up his music with metaphors, he's getting straight to the core of what is bothering him.It leads to simple lyrics, sure and yes there are some very cheesy things, but that's what's so sweet about them. He's endearingly honest in the way a midwestern boy is.

I like Trent because he never tries to be anything he isn't. At the height of TDS's success, he never felt the urge too try to repeat it. He moved on. He was on the top of the world for a while and he walked away like it was nothing. Keeping yourself on top of the public eye is a vice to musicians, but for Trent he was quite happy to leave it behind.

I like the band because they put as much hard work and dedication into their live work as they do in studio. Until December, Reznor remained the only offical member of the band, but even then the talent he brought in has held the same passion for the group as Reznor has, and it shows by how the touring members drop fucking everything just to go on tour, and it's not phoned in. They give it their all.

I'm not going to sit here and say it's complex. It's from the heart, and sometimes that all I want to listen to. If you don't want to listen to Reznor, that's fine, but you're doing yourself a disservice by dismissing it.

excellent production
pretty good industrial "pop" not an insult but his stuff is more accessible and relatable to the average person.
tds and the fragile are amazing albums.
tho this isn't really saying much about his music. you just seem obsessed with trent

Ÿou're proving his point, retards

I haven't listened to them either, but the fact that Adrian Belew played on their most successful album The Downward Spiral makes at least that album worth listening to.

It's 4am, I'm drunk and was about to shut down for the night when I saw this thread. My point is following yours. It's well crafted music that has the stigma of angsty teenager music because everyone is stuck on one phase of Trent's life.

To understand Trent is to understand Nine Inch Nails.

How the fuck is NIN "overrated'. You contrarian dickheads.

>pretty good industrial "pop" not an insult but his stuff is more accessible and relatable to the average person.
I've listened to SPK, as they would probably be considered true industrial and I wasn't that impressed. Their music wasn't as caustic and robotic as I expected it to be. Any recommendations for "true industrial" bands?

The Fragile and Ghosts I-IV as well. I recommend those two albums over TDS. Ghosts if you don't want to hear him sing.

True Industrial is a term used by Industrial fans to dismiss industrial bands they don't like because the band didn't follow how they think the genre should sound like to their standard

>they

Trent was the original edgemaster.

and by extension, rival fans. this self perpetuating hatred is what makes Industrial fans so miserable and industrial based musicians so pissy. No matter how big one gets, someone is going to eat you alive for selling out.

>they

No, in his field, that was people like GG, Nivek and Uncle Al. Trent just brought it to the normies.

>band
it's just trent and some paid help.
band only in the way britney spears is a "band".

>britney
>writing music
>playing instruments

please.

Thank you.
I understand that, but even of the "true industrial" bands didn't have the sound as caustic, haunting and robotic as I would like. I was just wondering if you could help me find the sound I'm looking for. I'm also not new to experimental music, so that might be the reason.

So, allow me to recap your posts. You like nine inch nails, or "Trent," because he is:
>One dimensional
>A shitty lyricist
>Has nifty production
>Is Edgy

Did I miss anything?

>Gets called a brute.
>"Hey, I'm not a brute! I'll show you!"
>Beats the shit out of guy.

How does it feel to be absolutely retarded?

Brian W is this you starting shit?

I'm thinking this is an inside job.

No idea who that is, I'm just calling it like I see it. But hey, I'm not judging, they seem like a great band if you like cock inside of your anus.

>they seem like a great band if you like cock inside of your anus.

Why do you need the internet to get an opinion on a musician? You still haven't said whether or not you've dedicated any time to listening to the music beyond the introduction songs and getting opinion entirely based on what you hear yourself.

If you likje NIN you're probably under 18, fag

Even one of the*

They're pop-industrial. They have all the aesthetics of the industrial sound nailed, but Reznor also writes memorable and catchy songs to underpin the sound, unlike a lot of similar bands who focus on the image and scene while making shit.

I'm just being a dickhead right now. I'm listening to The Fragile right now. TDS seems far too harsh for a first time listener, and I can't bear to sit through it.

Also, I haven't really seen a good explanation for their appeal other than someone having a boner for Trent.

you're just here to talk shit. No matter what anyone says, you're still going to talk smack.

pro tip: nothing can stop me now.

i don't believe in the "true" nonsense. i just say trent made his stuff accessible compared to something liek this youtube.com/watch?v=Wfm_B7ybfww

No, I'm trying to actually get into Industrial music and see past the "noise" element of it, and am getting called a faggot. Props to the music community here.

>Trent
>edgy

he's a wuss

Nine Inch Nails is in the same category as Tool.
>i just outgrew buttrock and i want my taste in music to be validated so i claim to like some universally bands to fit in with the

That explains why no one here can really justify their enjoyment of the band.

I like Tool and NIN and if: "Butt rock groups include Nickelback, Seether, Theory of a Deadman, 3 Doors Down, Breaking Benjamin, Staind, Puddle of Mudd, Three Days Grace, Five Finger Death Punch, amongst others." then I never listened to any of this bands.

Teenagers worry more about fitting in rather than developing a music taste of their own.
NIN and Tool are sort of a middle ground between listenable music for the amateur listener and music that people won't make fun of you for liking, hence the herd of 15-19 year old fans.
If you legitimately like the bands, then it's not a problem, although most people outgrow them after listening to 50 albums or so

>GG
my boy

This is a disgrace of a thread, you fuckface. You should be ashamed.

why don't u like noise tho

>doesn't provide arguments
a nigger could do better

>blood of manchild
>just underneath his thin as fuck skin

m.youtube.com/watch?v=avM_UsVo0IA

grow up kid

>Listens to NIN
>Does not have the mentality of a tween.

Pick one.

I only like Hurt. Other than that I don't care for them.

listen to this, you won't regret it

nin.wiki/Still

trent reznor is the male grimes and ninfags are the same as grimesfags

check out pretty hate machine, then downward spiral. trent makes great music, extremely well-produced and original. if you don't like it, check out some more normie trash.

whenever i listen to them all i can think of is dragon ball and naruto amv's from like ten years ago

t. a literal redditor

t. le sekrit japtoon image board man XD

I like Nine Inch Nails due to amazingly done instrumentals, raw and out of heart vocals, you can clearly tell that all what Trent puts out is very personal to me, what you get is an insight into some very uncomfortable subjects.

Emotions are perfectly shown in musical form in here. It is raw and Trent doesn't hold back. The most dirtiest emotions are shown in some of his albums, it doesn't feel as juvenille as Linkin Park's lyrics or album. As Trent has much more skill and has much more honesty and was a genuinelly tortured artist, whom is still haunted by things he experienced and done to this day.

A lot of his albums are wonderfully structured, some of them are concept albums, and his concept albums are some of the best you will get to hear, it feels like a journey, even albums of his that are not considered concept albums.

NIN always surprises you with in which direction it ventures into. Always developing and always trying something new. Each album has its distinct sound. And each of them are amazingly produced, filled with detail which you are guranteed not to catch upon your first listening..

Even with each album having its disticng sound, you can always tell it is NIN, the band is true to itself, Trent never sold out and always followed his vision through. All albums are carefully done experiences taking you on a journey with various soundscapes, each with their beginning and end.

this music bores me a lot

your haircut sucks trent

I hate when people compare NIN lyrics with some nu-male shit just because it sounds "edgy" sometimes, but it's pretty different, as you said, it's raw and personal, i love it

>If you don't listen to Trent's industrial screamo shit then you're a normie.
Kek. I listen to artists that Trent wishes he was as brilliant as.

kek. copying this pasta

/thread
finally someone actually explaining shit

>trent
>screamo shit
Only two releases are really intense or "metal", calling it screamo is objectively wrong.

Give TDS another chance in the future user, it is a grow on some definetelly, but as you come to approach the entirety of the album you realize it isn't that harhs and almost all the songs have some moments to breathe, something along the lines of that.

It isn't a pleasant album to listen to though, intentionally so, with its subject matter being mainly a man falling down a spiral to his own demise of suicide.

The Fragile is slightly less harhs but it may be harder to swallow all of it due to its huge scope and ammounts of tracks.

I'm a huge fan of NIN but I think Trent can be quite weak with his vocal melodies... especially as of lately. He seems to repeat the same melodies because he can't create anything new.

I thought Hesitation Marks and Not The Actual events brought some pretty unique means to approach vocals and their harmonies, imho. And I think the lyrics are improving with every release, I think Not The Actual Events had the best lyrics from him so far, love lyrics to Burning Bright.

The Downward Spiral is one of the great works of the 20th century due to how every note and noise contributes to its overall concept. It has more twists and turns than a 2 hour movie and explores themes of phallic power and existentialism in a way that convinced me of the potential of music to rival other artforms. It's also subtle in ways you would not expect, like subverting the pop structure of Heresy by delivering a very anti-pop message.

NIN's other albums are relatively ordinary music and not really worth defending more than anything else, except sometimes the abrasive electronic noise is beautifully expressive (I'm thinking of effects like the scratching noise in Head Down.) With Teeth is half good and Hesitation Marks is too lyrically cliched.

>NIN's other albums are relatively ordinary music and not really worth defending more than anything else.

I will thought and disagree with you.
>Year Zero
>The Slip
>Not The Actual Events
These are amazing albums which in no way are generic and are beatifully expressive.

Hesitation Marks has its share fair too, In Two for example.

with_teeth is my fav NiN album

With_Teeth is underrated.

Beside You In Time, The Line Begins To Blur, You Know What You Are, Right Where It Belongs, All The Love In The World are highlights, the rest is fucking rocking too, agressive from the start to finish, I respect that.

Potential of music to rival other artforms? Excluding literature, music is perhaps the most versatile artform of them all, the great minds behind classical music have proven that.

Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for believing music isn't on par with other forms of art?

They are good but there's no reason to convince someone that doesn't like it to give it another shot.

There really isn't ever a reason to convince anyone to like music, if they don't like it, they don't like it.

Year Zero may take some time to get into though.

>Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for believing music isn't on par with other forms of art?
The fact that people put it on as background to other activities. Lyrics are often separable from the music and delivery so they become judged as words on a page. Classical is limited by being instrumental and opera fails to impress.

I've never heard of this, is it actually NIИ or are they just being epic faggots and it's actually NIN?

Nine Inch Nails

NIN is acronym, sometimes NIИ, but it is NIN.

>meme N

trent's a stealing faggot

kek