MacOS vs Windows

MacOS vs Windows
hey b i need to write an assignment on which one is better for businesses

Windows is infinitely better than MacOS.

can you elaborate on that please?

Not him but most people already have some understanding of Windows. Microsoft offers cheap(er) enterprise packages for organisations. The MS Office suite, while on Mac OS, is standard industry software, Spreadsheeting, WordProcessing, Presentation Slides are all done generally on the MS Office Suite. It's all just about industry standard.

thanks user. Do you know if one is more secure than the other and which one?

Linux

Who the fuck is retarde denough to give an assignment like that? MacOS doesn't have any enterprise offering at all.

Also businesses that build in-house software usually write it for Windows. Such as the place I work has custom inventory management software, rostering software, etc.

In terms of technical security, I am not certain. Windows does have more viruses developed for it and it is easy for some idiot in any department to corrupt their PC with a virus within an email but that can be counteracted with a good IT team.

thanks user! all good shit to put in the assignment
my prof is jewish

good luck user

o thought mac is better for music and photoshop stuff?

That's more creative work, not really enterprise.

so why do people by macs? theyre expensive as fuck

Mac OS and Windows can both do the exact same thing to basically the same level. Businesses don't buy Macs because they are more expensive, and thus will yield less profit. Most people who buy Macs do so because of brand-name and the inability to do their own research.

Same reason they buy iPhones. Because they're retarded hipsters that know nothing about tech and want to look hip.

Fuck no! It's obvious you're not in IT. Apple isn't near having the infrastructure and platform for enterprise management that Windows has.

Not really. Photoshop runs just the same on windows as it does on Mac. Music production software is available for both platforms and the most popular ones (ableton, cubase, pro tools, etc...) work on both.

Again, you don't need a Mac for creative work. It was true once upon a time when all creative professional software was only available on Mac, but these days almost everything is available on windows and runs just as well on it.

As for business use, windows has the clear advantage with it's domain tools like Active Directory and all the different things built into the Windows server.

What do you mean? They can both do basic spread sheeting, word processing and run accounting software. I'm not talking about large scale businesses.

true, even if I hate Windows, it's much better on large scale enterpris management
last part is so true though, Mac users get ripped off mainly because of their ignorance
>67s

For SME, 5 - 50 users, Mac can be a great choice for a low hassle, high quality solution for computers. At that level your other options are things like Dell with ProSupport (Plus) which are good but still aren't the same quality you will see with Macs. Don't get me wrong they both do nearly the same thing but Macs give a certain high quality feel to a business and the employees definitely feel it. And as long as you take advantage of the business tools that Apple gives you can hand out phones and other devices with no risk of people being able to do stupid things like activate "Find This Device" and lock it to their personal account. Things with Macs mesh really well and handle file servers very well with a lot less setup and hassle, though with Apple not making their servers anymore it's a bit less convenient now. Biggest issue I see with Macs is lack of native accounting software (Quickbooks/Sage 50) so you need to run Parallels (Not a big deal, it has a mode that makes all the windows stuff disappear, just shows the windows.) usually, or have an RDP enabled server

Plus walking into a business running Macs and iPads feels more "high tech" at first glance than people running tired old tower and display setups.

Source:

Outsourced IT specializing in SME

> Not using GNU/Linux

People in education think Mac is a thing. Especially Jew profs.
Source: I work at a University.

>Businesses don't buy Macs because they are more expensive, and thus will yield less profit.

Macs aren't that much more expensive.

A standard Dell workstation with a display (Not 4k/retina) will run you about $1400 with 3 Year NBD support from Dell. You will dispose of it after 3 years to ensure reliability. $466.67/yr

A base iMac (Very comparable or better in most respects) will run you $2049 with 5 Year Apple Care.
You'll run this for at least 5 years because you can without issue and it will come with a 4k 21.5" retina display. $409.8/yr.

Leasing makes these options completely interchangeable.

Why don't they just build their own computers....
Macs are overpriced, you're not paying for components, you're paying for the brand. Waste of money, if they want the os they can build a hackintosh.

You don't understand businesses is why, you built a computer and feel like IT.

If a business is down for even a day, with 10 employeers they just lost not only their paycheque to the employees but their potential work as well. For one printing company I work with he cites 10k/day as his losses for being down.When your cheap shitty part dies after 5 months they don't care if it was 50 dollars or 500 dollars, they can't work.It has to work once and forever until you replace it on a schedule to save productivity

Music production is done on mac mostly because of different approach to device drivers. For exmaple, you can use more than one interface on mac simultaneously while on windows you can't.

how bout i punch the fuck out of your face faggot?

That's absolutely untrue, you can use more than one interface on windows and I do it on a frequent basis.

post screen shot or it didnt happen

also i forgot thunderbolt standard which is much better for music prod. purposes.

ye you totally could try

I'm a mac hater, but I can't stop loving the design and material quality.
I'm not a fan of Windows either. I just can't wait for some other desktop OS, in the middle of iOS and Windows.

Love linux on my server.

Then tell me how. It would honestly make my job much easier.

At work at the moment so can't provide screenshot, but just use asio4all which allows you to use multiple interfaces with almost any DAW. I use two separate audio interfaces, a behringer u-control and a focusrite Scarlett 2i2

is it simultaneous use?
Can you record/play to both at the same time?

Yes.

the only reason imo to chose mac over a "regular PC" is mac osx. it's basically BSD, just modified a lot. this has some advantages, if you want to work in a unix-like environment (be it linux, bsds or whatever) for example when you're developing for those, while still wanting to use, say, photoshop... osx isnt bad. it has everything.

of course you can just get a thinkpad, INSTALLGENTOO.jpg and use GIMP, but GIMP is bad.

what about if you want to work in a unix-like environment like bdsm?

good, ill try it out (i've seen that software in the past, yet retarded explanation on the website didnt make it clear what it's for), still proving my point, that by default windows cannot do it.

that's hardly unix-like.
i'd say windows is bdsm, mostly m. at least if you're a dev.

Fucj

>BDSM
Are you sure you didn't mean a eunuchs-like environment?

Brand name and bragging rights I assume

i have 3 businesses currently using mac point of sale stations, and all 3 of my store managers use the mac computers there to send me the spreadsheets on drops and inventory. I was reluctant at first to go mac, but using parallel I can still use windows. That being said, the macos itself is a bit frustrating to figure out and maneuver around. I miss windows 7... but anyways its made it simple and easier for my 3 stores to send and store information.

i own a mac and im more ashamed than bragging about it on the daily.

back in the day inmates used to wear their pants lower, showing their underwear/crack.

now flashing your mac is a sign you're ready for anal sex.