Is there a band that has a sadder discography than The Smiths?

Is there a band that has a sadder discography than The Smiths?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UquXUYfHYok
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Joy Division

Carissa's Wierd

Red house painters

Joy Division is more slow paced than sad I find, comparing lyrics The Smiths seem more sad.

listen to more music

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Everything by Dan Barrett.

Dan hasn't been sad since 2008

bet he's sadder than you

Put me in the mindset who would post something like this OP. Are you just incredibly new? I just can't believe that someone not only thought that the fucking Smiths were the saddest band of all time, but also was so stupid that they didn't have the self awareness to know that they should probably keep their mouth shut and just lurk until they had gotten some better taste.
The people answering this thread with Joy Division and Dan Barrett are equally as bad don't get me wrong.

Xiu Xiu

Codeine. Mount Eerie makes me feel melancholic too.

The Smiths isn't sad, it just makes me feel very flamboyant and wanting to suck the dicks of intellectual people.

>t. fag who unironically thinks he's a true patrician

Not really, I know that there's more music out there and that I have listened to relatively little of it so I keep myself realistic about my taste.
I mean if you're proud that you only listen to a handful of albums by a handful of popular musicians that's on you I guess but it's just fairly ignorant to post shit like that. I don't really think you should leave or anything, just listen to more music and delve deeper into stuff before thinking you are ready to talk seriously about it.

Smiths has a lot of humour, JD had no humour

Harry Chapin. Everything he did made me want to kill myself.

is there an easier band to make fun of than the smiths? maybe smashing pumpkins?

The only genuinely sad Smiths songs are I Know It's Over and Asleep.

The Smiths aren't even sad, most of the lyrics are sarcastic and hyperbolic. Only plebs think they're sad

Elliott Smith

>most of the lyrics are sarcastic and hyperbolic
how so?

Ian Curtis actually had depression. Morrissey is just a emo depression poser

Imagine being this insecure about your own taste

Name the 5 saddest artists or your posts are literally worthless

>is there an easier band to make fun of than the smiths?

No. They were literally called "The Flower Wimps" in their early goings.

There's an entire genre called Country music.
youtube.com/watch?v=UquXUYfHYok

Not that user but

Hank Williams Sr
Blind Willie Johnson
Jackson C Frank
Blaze Foley
Townes Van Zandt

All sadder than The Smiths.

Nick Cave

Bob Dylan.

Christian Death
Rowland S. Howard
Seconding Joy Division

This. The nigga killed himself because how depressed he was.

Joy Division

I mean I'm aware I have shit taste and don't pretend I know everything but w/e man keep on keeping on I guess

>he takes 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' seriously and doesn't see the humour behind the lyrics

C'mon lad

so How Soon Is Now isn't serious?

it's not better though

>all these fucks saying joy division

do ya'll even listen to anything beyond >nice shirt and Closer?

Listen to Twenty Four Hours and The Eternal and tell me Joy Division isn't sad

Nick Drake

You shut your mouth

Smiths were my favourite band for 2 years in high school. Here's a list of sadder ones:

- Joy Division
- Nick Drake
- Elliott Smith
- Nico
- Jackson C. Frank
- Sunny Day Real Estate

Uhh I have a problem these are all in my top 10

Uhhh ur GAY

if you think that the smiths is sad you miss the whole point of their music

having shit taste really is a big problem

As an expert musicologist, I will use my extensive knowledge of all things music to point you towards an extremely rare band no one has ever heard of. They made some of the saddest music you will ever hear. Their name will make you believe they are a happy band, but I can assure you they chose the moniker ironically. Again not many people know of this extremely rare band, so please brace yourself. The music they made is extremely experimental in nature and is not for the faint of heart. It's like nothing you've ever heard before.

They're called Joy Division. Enjoy!

t. probably listens to weezer and the 1975

shit, Jackson C Frank's life was ridiculous and very sad. he actually had his eye shot out by a kid with a bb gun, what the fuck. on top of all the other shit, absurdly unfortunate

great tracks tho, thanks for the namedrop

the antlers?

Songs:Ohia? Jason Molina has made some of the most depressing music ever.