National food misconceptions

Post misconceptions people often have about foods of your country

>Tapas are small snacks of food served sometimes for free when you order a drink in a bar
>Foreigners often think its an specific food that people eat for lunch or dinner.

Surströmming. There are so many recordings online of people just cutting open the can and then shoving a fistful of it into their gaping mouths. Anybody stupid enough to treat the food and themselves like that fucking deserves it. Not just foreigners who do this either. People who live either in cities or far inland or both typically don't know how to et it either, thereby perpetuating it's reputation as just a meme or a prank food. People fucking suck.

Soju is overrated shit.

We don't have the same cuisine as Germany. Seriously.

pierogi can be filled with anything you want or dipped in whatever you want, fried or cooked, it's pleb food

żurek eaten from a bowl of bread is a rare delicacy

you're more likely to drink beer than vodka

What's the difference then? Is everything laced with cannabis?

Not all American beer is Budweiser/Coors tier of shit. We have shittons of good local and/or small brews readily available in supermarkets and liquor stores now.

when I think of anything dutch (cuisine included)
I think of germany with a bit of gayness in it.

I seriously doubt that. You gonna say you have non-vomit-tasting chocolate, next? That fatburgers aren't seen as status food?

muh microbreweries !

Weißwurst is a breakfast food

In many bars you order a beer and they serve you a tapa for free. I often order two beers and the tapas are the only thing I eat in all day. Living on the street now.

what cuisine do you have
i thought you liked sausages
>pierogi is pleb food
>generic bread thing filled inside is pleb food
who would've thought
we have Empanadilla wich is basically the same thing
american beer is probably better than australian beer, ill give you that, but theres probably a reason europe only imports american beer from latin american countries and not north america

Our entire cuisine is different. Literally everything.

We have a lot of milk based products, most obvious are the many cheeses and vla.
A lot of sweet cookies and baked products with (colonial) spices. In fact, cookie is a Dutch loanword. But just like in Germany bakeries are very important here.
We have a very strong fast food culture, of fried meat dishes, that only also exists in Belgium. Snack is a Dutch loanword for a reason as well.
Our dinners tend to be mashed potatoes with mashed veggies.
Unlike in Germany, who prefer potato based dishes, we always eat our non-potato veggies (and in a variety of ways).
We have our own sausage, but it doesn't play as big of a role as sausages do in Germany. Same with beer.
We have a lot of fish based dishes, with mussels, eel, cod and raw herring being the most important.
A lot of things from Indonesian food has been integrated into our cuisine. Especially peanut sauce based food.

y tho

Cretinous foreigners often mistake Yorkshire Pudding for a sweet and order it for dessert, the cunts

In the Netherlands you also have a lot of pancake houses.
We also have our own festive food. Like oliebollen (which doughnuts are based on).

The only things I think we have in common are some festive foods, like easter/christmas bread with almond in it.

This dish is very similar to our "pollas al horno", very popular in Chueca district.

people do the same thing with vegemite as well

It's just supposed to be a thin scaping with butter, but people layer it on thinking its like peanut butter

in croatia puding means pic related so there's that

>muh stroopwafels

We drink way more beer than tequila
We have like 30 different kinds of cheeses
There's like a gorillion different dishes with tortillas

To contrast with this, we don't have one unified cuisine across the country but several regions because of our federal structure and history. Most of these regions borrow from their neighboring cunts, the cuisine of my region is basically an extension of based Alsace/Lorraine (Flammkuchen/Tarte Flambee, Quiche, Onion tart, wine) whereas in Bavaria you get all those Austrian/Hungarian sweet dishes and in Northern Germany you eat a lot of fish and drink tea.

Also we have a lot of dough-based desserts that can also be the main dish (Mehlspeisen).

Stroopwafels are good. But we have a lot more cookies desu. Some examples from the top of my head

Roze koek
Ontbijtkoek
Spekkoek
Speculaas
Speculaas almond cookies
Jodenkoek
Roomboterkoek
Gevulde koek

etc. Our list of cakes and cookies is endless.

Replace donuts with brioche buns, remove 2 patties and cheese, add pickles and onions, lettuce and tomato plus thousand island sauce and i'm sold

And, well, we still eat a lot of meat.
This is Saumagen, stuffed pigs stomach from the Palatinate region. Favourite dish of our old chancellor Kohl.

This is genuinely hard for us to work out to the point that even if they do real al pastor or mole the rest of a Mexican restaurant's menu will all be tortilla chips and sharp cheddar

I ate pic related in Austria and Germany. Food of the gods.

In the Netherlands we do have one based on field peas and pineapple (ananas). Which you can imagine tastes quite a bit different because of the pineapple taste.

We call tortilla chips "totopos" and they are great with refried beans, guacamole or sauce.

I am dumb

Reminds me of bull blanc desu.