Is it a horror film?

Is it a horror film?

It's a horrible film.

It's what used to be called a "thriller," before every other movie started being called that.

When I think of the quintessential thriller, I think of movies like Silence of the Lambs or Se7en
I'd say Green Room definitely has more of a horror bent than that.

A Punk Rock movie devoid of actual punk rock.

Plus a big ass doggo eats Maybee's face off.

Just a few years ago she was exchanging awkward glances with Michael Cera now she's getting her face eaten. Just goes to show it's who you know.

It's somewhere in between. I'd say more thriller than horror given the subject matter, but definitely has horror elements.

Great movie.

this

>it's a triggered Sup Forumstard pretends green room was bad because it implied that nazis are undesirable people and isn't a Sup Forums hugbox film post

you people are as pathetic as the sjws

It's about the same thing as I Saw the Devil.

>a punk rock movie

No. Does Sup Forums even know what a fucking movie is? What a fucking retarded statement. Holy fuck.

bump

It's a fun thrill if you're just looking for fun with friends, but in terms of how good it actually is, it's pretty mediocre. The atmosphere is great though, at least in the first half or so, I'll give it that.

>in terms of how good it actually is, it's pretty mediocre
What were your problems with it?
I personally thought it was great, great atmosphere and performances with brutal action that's only used logically and not to a ridiculous excess.

I saw it in the cinema and couldn't understand a fucking word, idk if voices were too quiet or the actors were just mumbling. Had to rewatch it with subtitles.

She's also getting nude in her next movie.

the ending was a bit of a letdown, they sort of cruised through without a hitch

Yeah, like I said, the atmosphere and the effectiveness of the brutality/action is great (at first), but after a while, when they start to leave the room and just go back and forth in the venue, it kind of turns into a predictable, uninspired, generic "trapped in" thriller.

The characters themselves felt like they had even less personality than all the tropey ones from slasher films. Sure, you could argue that they're more "real", but I couldn't care less what happened to them since if I remember correctly, a couple of them barely even talked. I even rooted for the nazis. I actually expected it to be more like a "day in the life of a nazi killer gang, doing cleanup and shit for the boss. It would have been much more interesting if the nazis won.

The ending was predictable as hell. Once there's 2 characters left, it's obvious they're going to live, especially since they're the least likely to make it too, the super wounded guy and the not main character nazi girl.

On top of that, I won't accept that they can shoot so well, after all they've been through. Especially the guy who's badly wounded, lost a lot of blood, and is super exhausted. He fucking headshots the dude with 1 arm.

Also Patrick Steward was underused and a missed opportunity and potential. It feels like he just went over for lunch, said the word "nigger" a couple times, got his paycheck and left.

Still, fun movie, but I wouldn't put it in the year's top list or anything.

Shit opinions, I'm sorry I asked so nicely.
Patrick Stewart didn't even say nigger in the movie, so poo on you.

yes he did you idiot, when he was talking about drugs with the other guy in the trailer

something like "don't do that nigger dope" or whatever

I dunno guys I kinda liked it

>Patrick Stewart didn't even say nigger
Did you even watch the same movie? He says it almost every time he's on screen.

Also I feel like what I said is decent criticism and not just opinions. You can look past the faults and enjoy the movie for what it is, sure, but they're clearly there. The characters were nothing, it devolves into mediocrity about halfway through, and the ending was generic and predictable. First half or so is great, though, like I said before.

R.I.P.

I saw that nobody took your bait. I feel bad, so have a (you), on me.

Over a decade too late

Maybe