homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/46/46aebe30-5440-471e-9127-7b6d9bb2a35b.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7UiFx13OQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AgWDMPfvXSg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Explain

Me.

stop posting this fucking thread faggot I've seen it 3 times today

Who the fuck would make their own glowsticks? Just buy a pack of 20 for like $5

Mixing a strong acid with a strong base. What do you think will happen.

glowstick ?

More like death

Jesus Christ your the type of person who needs to just try it

No, if you put a chlorinating tablet in a bottle with alcohol, and then put the lid on, it'll cause the bottle to rupture.

That's some Sup Forums tier shit right there.

>feel burn
Hahahahaha, I get it. They will definitely FEEL this burn!

Isopropanol isn't an acid you fucktard.

Also, the reaction between the two liberates toxic chlorine gas and a lot of heat.

It's time to cook Bernie

Isopropanol isn't a strong base.
It's an organic compound, and nothing but some heat and a possible flare-up will happen if you mix chlorinating tablets with rubbing alcohol, because chlorinating tabs are no longer made with calcium hypochlorite.

Whoever made that pic probably thought he was being cool, but he needs to go check his chemistry again.

It's classic Sup Forums tier though. Good to see it still alive

>acid + base
err. neutral pH liquid?

>chlorinating tabs are no longer made with calcium hypochlorite
As of when? I tried this a few years ago and it worked as intended.

estonia please

What in there is a strong acid? Or strong base for that matter?

As of now. Go read the ingredients on a pool tab. They stopped using hypochlorite specifically because it could be used to do shit like OP's pic.
The dumb pool-owning masses are no longer smart enough to be allowed strong oxidizers.

You sound like a parent talking to three year olds.
> which one of you kids put my laptop in the dish washer?

I think this is what is used now.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichloroisocyanuric_acid

homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/46/46aebe30-5440-471e-9127-7b6d9bb2a35b.pdf

I've been looking for information but this doesn't look like it is a strong acid.

You sound like you're projecting.

It makes switzerland

It's not about pH.
It's about mixing a strong oxidizer with a flammable organic compound. Used to be, mixing calcium hypochlorite with things like primary and secondary alcohols would result in a fire or possible explosion.
But now, health and safety have put a stop to that.

HTH is the only brand left I think that still uses hypochlorite, and you'll only find that in pool care stores, if at all.

>acid
>base
What is this witchcraft?

The container I have says calcium hypochlorite. Hypochlorite-containing products are available on Amazon.

What did you get by oxidizing isopropyl alcohol? A ketone? does it breakdown into acetic acid and methane eventually?

HUGE JEW

save this pic and repost it every time this false flag Hillary SHILLBOT posts this thread trying to drive a wedge between Sup Forums and the former Bernie supporters who will join our cause

An assortment of ketones and chlorinated organic compounds(chloroform mostly). Most of it burns up when the shit ignites.

That's Amazon, not stores.

>stores
people buy literally everything on amazon these days

>(1) pool chlorinating tablet found at Wal-Mart
I quote OP's pic. You won't find hypochlorite in Wal-Mart. They sell Benzedrex though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7UiFx13OQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AgWDMPfvXSg

Chlorine gas inside the house can't be good. A closed bottle can't be better.

The second video seems to be the one that uses the usual chlorine pool tablets. It did look like a mildly volatile reaction. The question is, whether the gas produced is Chlorine, or a Chlorinated hydrocarbon like user said would occur. Or maybe there is some methane in there too.

Chlorine gas does tend to form, but it is almost immediately reacted with the alcohol to form the aforementioned chloroform.
If you want chlorine, bleach + manganese dioxide from cheap D batteries is your best bet.

Would acetone work in a similar fashion as the isopropyl alcohol in the aforementioned reaction?

Asking for the ninth time i see
This is clearly NOT a slide, please continue discussion.

Yes. In fact, if you use some control and care, you can convert acetone into either chloroform or chloral.

Bernie supporters are just retarded enough to do this, I mean if they continue to donate to a floundering campaign then why not.

Also, you can create chloracetone as well, which is a type of tear-gas agent.

Bernie Supporters.

This triggers the chemist in me.