I’ve had some experience in the past with narcissistic people and people with severe narcissistic personality...

I’ve had some experience in the past with narcissistic people and people with severe narcissistic personality disorder. I’m not new to the game and their bullshit, all the gas-lighting and manipulating.

But again I’m dealing with one who is actively campaigning against me and it’s really hurting my social life. Frankly I’ve had enough. I know it’s never a good idea to start battling these types, but I sure would like to fight back.

Any ideas Sup Forums?

Gonna need a little more info that just someone "actively campaigning against me". Also, how are you sure said person is narcissistic and not just an asshole?

this is just the beginning

I had a prior work relationship with this person, and through that it entered my life.

I understand that I’m not a psychiatrist and not qualified to make an official diagnosis, but I’m confident I know what is going on, and that it's the best term to describe this person.

i had similar, drop their dox, i did with this fucking faggot who was dissing me to the lgbt scene, this npd wanker ,enda , got plenty of attention. too much, he started crying.
name n shame.

What are they doing to you?

You're crazy. You're not being gaslighted. You just don't understand their point of view.

This really. Our blameless society can't into personal responsibility or situational awareness...

So far it’s just talking to my friends behind my back and making them doubt me and my motives. But I know from experience how far it can go. If I just let go at this point and walk away, I survive with minimal damage and lose the trust of maybe a few people.

But as I said, I’m tired of these shitfucks manipulating the social world around them. It needs to be stopped. At least it needs to be fought.

Point of view is one thing. Actively making my life hard indicates intention. It’s a form of violence.

I was considering something like recording the shit this person tells me in private. Gather some ammunition that way. These people are really careful to spit their shit in your face only in private situations so they can deny it later.

I have actually been diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the past (and BPD).

If you want to fuck him over you have to understand that he values others perceptions of himself very highly. With regards to people in your general social circle, find the ones that gossip the most (they can spread information for you) and feed them lies about him that make him look awful.

It can't be anything too direct, just statements about him phrased in such a way that allow the other person to come up with your idea for you. If you can get people talking badly about him and damage his reputation and that will drive him crazy,.

You can't sedate all the things you hate

i hope you wind up dismembered in a trash can

This is worth considering.

I’m good in the way that about a third of the people in this particular social circle are wise to his game. One third is indifferent. But it’s the remaining third that really fucking bothers me. I’m too reluctant to just let that many people live inside of that mess. I’m not champion material, but still.

why are you two clashing?

i went through a surreal encounter with a sociopathic type of person and i've got some experience dealing with their shit.

the question i asked is deeper than it may seem.

Don't acknowledge them. Ignore them. Get a restraining order if necessary.

You are a whiny bitch! Don't get into his game. Stay away from those who believe that asshole, be a gentleman and avoid gossiping. Man the fuck up! If they stop talking to you then fuck them, get new friends and with time anyone that is worth it will come back to you your life.

Been there. Done that. You're in the court of public opinion, you can't really fight back. People don't fucking care what's true or not. Best thing you can do is pretty much let them leech off people dumb enough to buy into their lies. If you don't know how to fight back you're just going to make mistakes like playing along with your game, they already have such a shit reputation they make their living off dragging other people through the mud too because someone else being bad distracts everyone else from how bad they are if it's fresh in their mind that you're worse.
All you can do is learn who's got it out for you and who doesn't from that pretty much.

That’s a good question. I smelled this person’s quality a mile way before I (for whatever reason) decided to worked with him on a few projects. I suppose I had an healthy desire to understand what was going on. And after about six months I started calling him out on all the things he had done to me and especially to others. That did not end well. He lashed out and in a moment’s heat he revealed everything to me.

Maybe he saw me as a peer and after I judged him, he started his campaign against me. To be clear, at that time I never talk about him to others, just asked him some difficult questions.

>make a mistake and play along with "their" game.
Kinda needed to fix that.
You got a pot of boiling water, don't think it hasn't been on the fire for a while. You're starting out way behind in the game.

This is the other path I’m considering. The problem is that we live and work inside the same circle and it’s never me initiating anything anymore. I’ve repeatedly asked him to never speak to me again. I’m doesn’t work.

Yep. This is what I fear the reality is. Really fucking sad tho.

What I learned is think about it this way. If you get out, you're ahead of where you'd be if you're not since it's just going to be a reoccurring thing until you're fucked. Sooner you get out, the sooner it starts happening to someone close to them. Most of them won't even think back about what was going on even when it happens to them. Jumping ship is just the best move most of the time in my experience. If you know your worth and no one else does, why try to save that ship when it's going to go down anyway? Just ride it out till you can find a better spot to go from is the only advice I'd give, just don't expect it to end there either. With the internet you can't just move and start over like you use to be able to do up to like 20 years ago, it'll pretty much follow you around forever even if it's true or not.

I've been going this exact bullshit for over 10 years and my social life is now beyond fucked

Thanks for this, really. It’s hard to grasp what it is that’s constantly pulling me in. It’s like I want to fight this person, not to give in. To beat him at his own game.

But that’s likely the very string he keeps pulling.

Damn sorry to hear that.

going thru*

It's a long ass story that takes its roots from my childhood and honestly, i really didn't helped the cause by constantly giving the benefit of the doubt and giving way too many chances when i had suspicions for the longest time

The positive side of it is that it made me learn a shit ton about human nature, non verbal communication and psychology

But still, i'm known in a wide range of areas

Kind of like a lolcow to those in the know

it fucking sucks but the point of no return has been reached a long time ago

I've been even reading Sun Tzu's 'Art of War' to get some ideas. The more I read it tho, the more I understand all the ingenious strategies he's been using against me.

And I'm left with: better pick my battles, better walk away...

Fuck I hate giving up.

Well in my experience it might not be as bad as you think it is, but playing along just makes it much, much worse. Typically if you get into a position where you're not stuck doing it, it probably won't happen in the first place.

I recently got turned down from a job I really wanted and needed but I was super relieved since one of the other workers really doesn't like me. The worse thing would have to be showing up every day wondering if they're going to start doing something and then not wanting to quit because I wanted to be there enough. Having options is pretty good.

the only advice i can give on your current situation is that your conscious self is something much smaller than your subconscious self. if your gut tells you to RUN, then listen. if shit seriously hits the fan and you start sleeping with a knife... creating a gambit is the best way to "win".

long term, you were drawn to this situation for a reason. the better you can understand yourself the easier these encounters become.

I suspect OP is whining. It really sounds as if OP thinks that the normal up and downs of human relations is an affront to OP's very special place. Sorry OP, but you'll feel better if you let it go a bit.

I suppose. I’m pretty savvy to my weaknesses but stubborn enough to often disregard them. Leaves a couple strings hanging for fuckers to tug on.

This is my third encounter with this kind of mind/personality and it surely has been a cakewalk compared to the first one.

I’ve seen the ‘normal’ ups and downs, this stuff is different. But you’re maybe right in the letting go a bit part.

where are you from?

i am the coolest narcissistic

I’m from northern Europe. That’s why my english is the way it is.

These people are hard to fight back against. My best bet is to physically beat the shit out of them. Failing that, murder is your next solution

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for all the comments. Eased my night greatly. I’m off to sleep now, it’s 5:30 am where I’m at.

Here's a cowgirl for your trouble.

I've been diagnosed with ASPD, and I think the best way to fuck him over would be to get voice recordings of him and send them to EVERYONE he knows. If that happened to me I would panic.