This album is like 50% filler

This album is like 50% filler.
Why do people like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fV3cL3hP2aQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kill yourself

muh reddit shirt band

when i first played it i thought the same, but you learn to appreciate the soundscape and intricacies, as well as the overarching themes

it's literally Abbey Roads but pretentious

Stuff made with synths today could be considered easy filler.
Synth work was a bit more work and experimentation back in those days.
youtube.com/watch?v=fV3cL3hP2aQ

You guys went full retard

What do you think is filler on this album?

The Wall has even more filler.

What parts do you consider filler? I get the whole "skip On the Run" meme, but what else do you dislike?

>I get the whole "skip On the Run" meme

Such an atmospheric track and a nice build up to TIme, is this board filled with morons?

>is this board filled with morons?
Does the Pope shit in the woods?

user you replied to, I realized that I phrased it wrong. I never listen to the album without "On the Run", I simply meant that for some reason people like to regurgitate how "bad" that track is.

I can see not liking DSotM, but this is just retarded.

the tracks he doesn't like

That's actually a good description, but there's one problem: I LIKE Abbey Road and I HATE DSOTM! In fact I HATE ANY post Obscured By Clouds PF!

>Neat artwork

This. The Wall could have been a single LP and lost nothing. Roger wanted to go in too many directions and we got a bloated, meandering, indulgent rock opera to show for it.

>tfw I have the DSOTM prism as a tattoo

can we all agree Money is the most pointless song on the album right kids

I would probably assume you're an ok guy based on that. could be much worse

im trying to get into rap but idk doesn't rub me the right way

I was 18 and it was the album that got me "into" music so I figured why the hell not. I'm just happy I never followed through on my Pink Floyd half-sleeve I was contemplating through my early 20s.

How would you cut the Wall to make it more coherent and less fillery?

1. In the Flesh?
2. Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 1
3. The Happiest Days of our Lives
4. Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2
5. Mother
6. Goodbye Blue Sky
7. Young Lust
8. Hey You
9. Comfortably Numb
10. In the Flesh

sure we would lose out on a lot of a lot of iconic tracks and the masterpiece that is The Trial, but I think this would be a much better album. What do you think?

That seems good, but I really love the entire album so I can't completely agree. Also it feels wrong not having part three if you're gonna have the others.

That's pretty solid, actually. I'd just cut out any song that went too heavy on the "fuck the government they killed my dad" message and stick to the whole idea of isolation and the corrupting influence of fame. Which gets rid of most of the second half of the album.

Yeah, I give that tracklist a solid 8/10.