Anyone here ever literally gotten out of a dui before...

Anyone here ever literally gotten out of a dui before? A few days ago I got into an accident while I was super wasted and by the grace of god I got out of the situation. I feel fucking horrible about the whole thing I spite of the fact it could've been a lot worse. Can anyone share their story? I'll post mine if there's interest.

Also I haven't had a drink in three days and I feel like total shit. When will this pass?

yep, it was for ambien though. luckily the system in new mexico is ridiculously backlogged

i guess i should go into detail, hit a parked state trooper in a bar parking lot while fucked up on ambien. they ran my blood and it took almost a year for them to almost charge me. by that time it was delayed so much the judge threw it out

So you got arrested and beat it in court? Luckily I didn't get charged at all but how did you manage that? I've heard duis are crazy tough to beat

beat it in court, state kept calling the state troopers to testify but it had been a year and they had more important shit to do. went to court for 5 months though. pleaded not guilty even though my public defender told me to plead guilty

That's pretty lucky, have u ever driven high or drunk since then? Thinking about my situation, it makes me never want to be in that position again. I still want to go out to bars and all that but cabs only from now on. The real problem is wanting to drive when I get home

haven't drove fucked up on ambien since then. it was a real learning experience, mostly i learned don't deal with the court system if you can avoid it, but they are also pretty incompetent. they had me dead to rights and the case was dismissed. that was lucky

couldn't work my job that requires a security clearance if i had a dui so i'd be pretty fucked if i'd a been convicted. now i'd like to hear your story

Alright it's somehow long I'll try to shorten it
>Friday night, go to strip club
>hoes will be hoes, leave feeling like shit
>decide fuck this, I'm not going to sleep feeling like shit tonight
>take some shots at home, head out looking for hookers
>find one that looked pretty young and hot
>had a handle in the car, she takes the wheel
>for the next few hours I drive and fool around with her
>fast forward to around 6am, dropped her off, I'm wasted and sleepy
>not exactly sure what happens next but driving down road
>next thing I know I'm hitting the brake and a car is stopped in front of me at a red light
>hit the back of his car
Cont

damn you livin the dream, i have some questions for you about hookers after your story

>jeep wrangler with tire mounted on the back
>from what I can tell his car has little if any damage
>my car on the other hand is fucked
>I get out, he asks if I'm okay
>he sees I'm drunk, asks if I have the car
>tfw I'm so wasted I don't even realize he took the car out of the ignition
>I try to convince him his car is fine and he should just let me go
>says he can't do that because it's not his car and I'm clearly drunk
>he calls the cop
>not sure how long it took but it was a long time, at least 20+ mins
>while we're waiting I keep trying to convince him, struggle to walk around, even tried getting rid of the alcohol in the car by putting it in a water bottle
>cop shows me, ask me what happened
>explain that he broke at the last second and I didn't react in time
>have u been drinking tonight sir?
>yeah a little bit
>stay in the car
>at this point I'm thinking yep, I'm getting arrested and I've fucked my life up for good this time
>next thing I know the other guy is driving away
>cop then tells me I need to call someone to drive the car for me because I'm too drunk to drive
>whatthefuckishappening.MP3
>sisters boyfriend shows up
>I get a traffic ticket for careless driving
>get home and shitstorm ensues

All in all I got lucky as shit but I still feel like a fucking piece of shit. Not only because of what I did and how I lost total control, but how I could've seriously hurt or killed someone because of my drinking. I just really wanted to get it off my chest and hoped someone here has been through similar

Sorta/Not really

> chop lines of biker meth in night club bathroom stall and get caught

> ordered to sit tight while scuffle ensues

> 40dollarswhatdoyoumean20dollars.jpeg

I'm guessing you're talking about street hookers? I don't have much experience but sure

Was the cop about to get off his shift so didnt want to give a dui?

i was arrested for blowing way over. but after my lawyers delayed and delayed, on the court date, the cops didn't show. so the prosecutor dropped the case against me.

I'm confused, you ran out of there or what?

Also forgot to mention about the story. While we waited for the cops I was so drunk I spent like 10 mins looking for the keys when I didn't even realize he had them the whole time

don't you worry about them and their pimp robbing you? also how do you pick out the good ones from the shady ones?

I have no idea, he did mention I had to get out of there before his supervisor showed up. Maybe he got fucked over and had to work graveyard so that's his way of getting back at him? Either way I'm so glad I didn't get arrested but at the same time I feel like I don't even deserve to drive
Jesus that must've been expensive as fuck

same with me, its really hard for the cops to show up sometimes because they have lives outside of work and can't be at court nonstop

it was around $5000. worth not having a criminal record!

Well I've picked up both girls and trannies, it's basically just rolling the dice. I was drunk and/or had been drinking nearly everytime tho so liquor courage played a huge role. Honestly I don't recommend it. I had a great time with the one I picked up that night but no way in hell would I do that shit sober(let her drive my car).

I live in Chicago and got a couple dui's but its pretty crooked here so with certain lawyers youre kind of guaranteed to get off unless youre in an accident or something.

You're late to the party, Feds.

I seriously doubt the FBI gives a shit about random anons getting off from duis

Bump

in a day or 2. You probably don't get very much sleep but it gets better

Well I have a lot of fatigue. I tossed and turned all night last night. I did sign up for the gym today so hopefully exercising again will help out. But goddamn, I never thought I would fall in this deep into alcohol. Shit sucks

Talk to a doctor. I did and they gave me Trazodone and it really helps me sleep

if its your first time, and no deaths or serious injuries: usual chain of events:

you or your family gets you a lawyer:
$5K retainer against probable $15K - $25K total costs..

you will get booked, fingerprinted, photo'd. in processed. how soon out depends on bail (you either put up cash or property bond for full amount, or pay bailbondsmen 10% of total cost, they take collateral from your family, usually, in case you default.

Court case within 4 weeks, drunk courts are quick.

No matter what, if they got you at .08+, you will get drivers license suspended for 6months min to 1 year average. You can get back an unrestricted license back after 1 year, usually

Your auto insurance will definitely go up.

Your sentence is usually 10 days, but you get 1 day off for good behavior for every day served. If you surrender on 1st day at 4PM'ish, you will spend about 4 1/2 days locked up.

Parole will include either 1 year AA or rehab program.

everything else depends on property damage and injuries to others

I've given plenty of them before. I'm a cop and I take people in for DWI all the time. A lot of officers in my area stay away from them because they hate the idea of going to trial, and really a DWI is about 4 hours worth of work if you already know what you're doing. Our district attorney's office requires an extensive amount of documentation, because a person will potentially be losing their right to operate a motor vehicle and will be paying thousands of dollars in fees, and really it amounts to little more than a misdemeanor. A lot of officers view them as a total waste of time, and would rather just have someone pick up the drunk driver or give them a ride home. I like working them because I'm good at working them, and because working one correctly requires a level of technical expertise and understanding of the law greater than the typical officer's.

How any tomes have u let a drunk driver off the hook? Because I've never heard of happening before and to be honest I was seriously fucked up. My sister said her boyfriend was in total shock I was getting let go.

what state are you a cop in?

Why sir, I have never done such a thing in my entire career! But if I did, it would probably be near the end of my shift, right when I was about to get off of work and I had plans I really didn't want to fuck up and this drunk driver would have been a serious obstacle to meeting those plans. Like I said, they take about 4 hours to work, and a lot of officers don't like working them so your chances of finding an officer coming on to shift to take the drunk driver off your hands and work it themselves are next to zero, so what do you do? Assuming there's no wreck, nobody knows about the drunk driver except you. So what do you do? Do you make them call a friend or family member to come pick them up and get off of work on time, or do you work the entire DWI and fuck your plans up, or get maybe three hours of sleep before you have to wake up early the following morning for you extra job? It's a tough choice.

My thoughts are that more people that are stopped by cops for DWI are given a pass than not, but that's just my belief. Your chances of being fucked by a state trooper are almost 100%, any cop with a body cam 100%, and any officer whose job specifically involves traffic will fuck you, too.

Texas. We have a lot of drunks here.

Was stopped and arrested in 94 by a piece of shit cop in Georgia. I was fucked but I refused the breathalyzer and they don't pull blood there. Dude failed me on the sobriety test - anyway 3 days later cop was arrested himself for all kind of crooked shit including drugs and sex with minors. One of the minors was a distant cousin. My lawyer notified the DA about the shit storm that was about to happen because of course I was stopped because the cop was fucking a family member and was trying to exert pressure to keep her from testifying. My charges were dropped / voided before lunchtime.

So you're saying it happens more than people think? I was pretty surprised but still it isn't something I want to chance again. But at least it makes me feel a little less shitty knowing it could've been much worse and it happens.

drunk dude with 6 duis killed two of my friends the night before we graduated

fuck you op

their was a chain called: "Black Angus" back in the days (its like an Outback Steakhouse, I guess, cept with bar and dancefloor in other half of building)

In the 90's they had $1 Margarita nights!
Hooking up with drunk beaner sluts was easy!

So me and cousin were there, and we both got fucked up for exactly $20 (plus tip). He got all hissy cuz I was kissing a fuckin anonymous sloot, and wanted to go home. I was passenger. Fuck it, she was not pretty nor skinny...

Driving home, he says:"Wait"
Pulls into 7-11 parking lot, parks, we still in car, then opens his driver door and vomits up half a bucket of jose cuervo...

30 seconds later, a cop car pulls into driveway.
cops question him, question me, give him drunk test. he fails. I am equally drunk, but not lightweight pussy like him...

Cops points to me, says "you are driving his car home" or some shit like that. Put cousin into back seat of cop car.

theres more to the story, invovling his gf bailing him out, and me later hooking up with her, but its not that great, it was just a revenge fling

I don't think a lot of people discuss it. The officers don't for obvious reasons, and the people who were let go don't talk about it because who wants to admit they're a stupid asshole that drives drunk? I think you got extremely lucky and got the laziest sack of shit officer there could possibly be. I think people who are borderline drunk will usually get a pass by an officer who is unfamiliar with working a DWI and isn't interested with doing a proper investigation, especially if they're near the end of their shift.

I think a lot of people get a pass for their crimes, and this doesn't just pertain to DWI's. People drive with suspended licenses all the time, or they have drugs, or whatever. Officers sometimes don't want to deal with that shit, or they had other plans, like they're hungry and would rather grab a bite to eat than drag some shithead to jail and tag evidence.

fuck yes you do, my buddy lived in henderson and he was always bitching about how the cops would follow him and bust him for dui. probably because he has 9 duis there