pastebin.com/N3xZEVBV
soundcloud.com/matanken/possession-take-2
youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY
clyp.it/bbnzi1jp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dead or 90%?

Choose, /gg/.

>Being right handed

Is there anything worse than a right handed guitarist? I instantly turn them off if I see this. I don't listen to any music in which the guitarist is right handed. It's pure faggotry in music form.

is crazy yaga roman

>having hands
>Not playing guitar with your legs

Are you even trying?

if the end result is the same does it matter?

Guys i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can you help me figure out some chords from this song, please?

I'm a drummer and slowly learning to play guitar, i want to play a song from FF but i still can't figure chords by ear (I tried and only got the easy ones)

youtube.com/watch?v=tuE1vlACANA

Someone tried to transcribe them a year ago but didn't finish it. There's some chords and patterns missing, but it's almost done:

pastebin.com/N3xZEVBV

lol

saving this one for posterity

any of you here perform live?

I've been invited to perform a couple of times, and I'm faced with a particular issue.

I can literally never do the same song twice. For example, the first time I just did Rainbow's instrumental "Still I'm Sad", and I loathe playing that song now, even 4 years after. I can't even listen to it.
The second time I was invited to the event I played Pink Floyd's "Money", and ever since then I don't find it fun to play anymore and I always fucking skip it when I listen to DotM.

Recently (this past year) I've decided to record some guitar covers just for fun and to play around with my pedals, and I also noticed that whatever song I covered, I couldn't bear to listen to it after I was done covering it. This shit lasts for fucking months.

Is this normal?

I think I do this too mate, yeah.

Probably because when recording the cover, your brain deconstructs the song to its bare components, so to speak.
You no longer listen to the song as a "whole", but rather small segments which make up the whole, as this is how you record the cover. Especially if you're playing all the different guitar parts, etc.

Almost like you've destroyed the song in your mind to see whats inside.

good guitar harmonies?

>reddit spacing
hey roman

>this quick reply

It's called text formatting user.

whats that?
yes, and?

no ones here dude just stop

>Not making your post an unreadable blob of pigshit is reddit

lol

>trying this hard and actually taking time editing this
How much of a faggot are you? And how do you feel about being a virgin still?

Self-setup or pro setup?

>trying this hard and actually taking time editing this
How much of a faggot are you? And how do you feel about being a virgin still?

self setup
its not hard to set up a guitar
basically you set the intonation all the way down
then you raise the saddles up until it matches proper intonation
then you set the truss rod to have just a thin gap between the strings and the frets on the middle frets

Yeah, kill yourself sad cunt
Run along and go try lose your virginity mate

except if youre a fag that doesnt prefer high action, then you better off paying someone to do it for you

spamming my condor les paul axcess™

I'm already okay at it, like I can set relief, action, intonation, etc, according to factory spec. I just wanted to know if I would gain anything by taking it to a tech.

maybe if he has some machine like that one that helps to levels the frets perfectly straight

buy a new guitar

I just started learning guitar. There are a few songs in Lamp's songbook that are easy enough to get through. Good stuff.

i had a guitar teacher that taught me flamenco+classical but it didn't go good.
i didn't like spanish music at all and reading actual notes was hard.
i like western music alot better

vá trabalhar samuel

>Lamp's songbook
nice. can you share a link?

JCM2000 DSL401 or DSL40C??

Both are tube, have two channels, an FX loop, 3band EQ, and I can find them within my price range. Is one any better than the other? Any other sub ~$500 tube amps that meet those criteria?

Are you in a band?

I actually bought it, I'll see if I can make some scans later

anyone care to redpilll me on idiotbox's dungeon master?

i know it has parts of a muff, an hm-2 and a fz-2 to form the ultimate meme pedal tone of doom. it sounds pretty dope but would it sound good in a live band mix?

also does it play nice with other pedals? thinking of stacking it with my barbershop pedal.

I just composed a truly beautiful classical guitar piece. my performance is maybe sloppy, but i absolutely love the piece itself.

I will share it with you if you want

i heard the tail end of a song with riffs used in free bird, but the chords seemed minor. this was on the radio for classic rock and i assume it was lynyrd skynyrd, does anyone know what this song could've been? i really liked it

No

Share it mang

Here. i'm really proud of this composition, even if the performance could have been alot better (and my classical guitar is really cheap too..)

soundcloud.com/matanken/possession-take-2

Tell me what you think

I like it

how long you been playing

10 years

Man, its a really cheap classical guitar, if i had a better classical guitar i would have had a better performance.

What's a good price range for a used guitar that isnt shit

Makes me feel better about my tone lol, learning classical on a cheap thing

Elton John- love lies bleeding?

Coolio. I'm putting this in my dwarf fortress playlist.

kinda similar but nah its not it.. it sounded just like 5:27 youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY but minor

I thought about deleting that track from sound-cloud later i didn't think anyone would put it in his playlists...

Maybe i will keep it for you though

I can always download it(if you don't mind)

>it's a crazyaga shills himself thread

I mean if you want that's okay with me

how did paul gilbert teach guitar at MI at fucking 18 years old?
he is probably the youngest music teacher ever

DSL 201 then, you don't need 40 watts for anything and you can use a 4x12 if the need ever arises.

Around $400.

r8 my thumping /gg/. I just came up with this riff/exercise earlier.
clyp.it/bbnzi1jp

Pat Methany got a teaching job at University of Miami at 18.

And Gilbert developed a lot of technique at an early age. As a music school, MI places more emphasis on super technical guitar playing.because they have so many non-traditional music programs. Probably helped with his selection to the faculty.

>Pat Methany
i look him up, seems like a happy guy

Why would you delete it?

The 201 seems to be a helluva lot harder to come by than the 401 based on a quick reverb and google search.

His playing is great, very smooth and chill.

And why do you think that is?

mods are asleep

post bass

Question for those of you that actually go outside. Have you guys ever met one of your favorite guitarists? If so how did that go?

GET THE FUCK OUT, GET OUT. FUCK YOU. FUCKING ASSHOLE. Get out. Where are you from? Go to a studio and rehearse, maybe something you’ll learn. YOU SUCK. You’re a no talent piece of shit. GET OUT. How dare you come down here and do this?! I’ve browsed this board my whole life, you’re a disgrace! YOU SUCK! How dare you, I live three threads down. Who the hell do you think you are? You any kid of artist? Anybody know who you are? Maybe everybody else wants to enjoy the peace and quiet. This is one of the most important threads in the whole of Sup Forums. WHO ARE YOU? You miserable presumptuous no talent. . You’re no artist. An artist respects the silence that serves the foundation for creativity. You OBVIOUSLY don’t have the talent. You don’t have enough respect in yourself or other people or what it is to express yourself in music or any other form of creativity. I am a NYU phil school graduate SUCKA, and the school of visual arts AND the acedemtny of art universities San Francisco. YOU SUCK. YOU’RE A NO TALENT. If you really had talent, go practice, and then get yourself a gig instead of ruining the end of the day for everybody down here. YOU DISGRACE. YOU are everything that’s gone wrong in this world. You’re a self-consumed, no talent piece of shit and I’ve earned my right to say it. OKAY?! I had twenty thousand people come to me in 1975. I walked Bob Dylan up on stage, who the fuck are you? I knew the grateful dead from 1966. Who the fuck are you?! YOU NOTHING. YOU ARE NOTHING. AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING. NEVER. How dare you. You miserable mediocre NOTHING. Shame on you. Your cracked stupid little smile, you little PIMP. Go and learn to play. YOU’RE FLAT. You can't even carry a fucking note.

Have not met my favorite guitarist (johnny greenwood), but I imagine it would be just like all the times I've met people in bands I have gone to see... They're polite and whatever, and they're usually genuinely thankful for your praise, but they clearly don't give a shit about talking to you. Though, there have been exceptions to that.

I met Efrim once. It went really well. shook his hand, told him how much his music meant to me, which he seemed to genuinely appreciate hearing
similar-ish experience with michael gira too

>left handed
>play right handed for going on 13 years now
>never once felt natural or comfortable playing left handed
>right handed just felt right

Yeah, fuck you, the real god tier is lefties playing right. So many amazing guitarists are that way.

Built this pedalboard over the weekend.

thats awesome dude
good luck finding a case or container for that
that wont cost you a fortune lol

looks really good

are you gonna do velcro?

>oak
fucking plebe

dude no fucking way

thats fucking sick

whats on the board?

i want ur musicman

thanks, well its an old pic, I no longer have the Peavey Bass, Amp, Cabs, or Univox head, but I still have the Stingray, P bass, And fretless J. The pedals i had on the board at the time were a Bass Whammy, EHX Pitchfork (gone), Russian Black Muff that was modded for boost/cut low mids, Cog Effects Mini 66 Bass Drive, VFE Enterprise Phaser (for sale), EBS Multicomp, and an EQD Avalanche Run (gone). Right now I'm in a pedal board rebuild, gonna be basing it around the new Boss MS-3 Multi FX/Loop Switcher System that just came out, should be tight.

Should I buy a cheap no name classical to roleplay as estas tonne?

;)

Shiiiiiiit, i'll just build one.
Yeah more than likely.
Like it matters after stain and velcro. Good eye though.

>stain
you disgust me

>doesn't like stained wood
but user its so fancy looking

You've never taken that outside of your room have you?

>stained plywood

ya got me, but I have a padded cover for the cab if I ever do take it out for a gig. The Verellen I'd only take out to a large show running That and the ampeg as my dirty rig and my Bassman 300 with Matching Dually 215's as my clean rig via AB/Y.

Would you prefer the look it had before with tattered and ripped tolex? I think it looks great now. Plus I traded a Vintage Sunn 200s cab for the ampeg, and I only paid $100 for the Sunn

you really don't understand why its important to have well made guitars until you try recording with a shitload of noise coming off the guitar

this is hell

You know he hasn't. It's just for posting on his Instagram to make other hipster shitbags jealous that his parents have more expendable income than their parents do. Pic related.

Stain, varnish, lacquer, don't care. Anything is better than plain.

>responding to yourself because no one else cares.

\
Hey i'm not hating. I like stain finishes on amps but they're pretty much useless if you actually gig with them, would look like shit after the first gig.

>truth hurts
lol

Your Verellen is just like every other piece of boutique meme gear.

>euphoric fedoralord
>bearded/bespectacled nü-male
>tatted out brooklynite hipster shitbag trust fund baby
>dr. clownshoes

One of the above perfectly describes every Verellen owner in existence without exception. Go ahead, post a pic of yourself and prove me wrong.

Well The ampeg like I said I traded a Sunn 215 i got for $100 a while back, and it had tolex originally that was beat to shit. Spent the whole of spring stripping it, removing the leftover glue, sanding it and then staining and sealing it. The Verellen I just got in a trade for a vintage Sound City 200+ I had bought from the original owner for like $750. And trust me all my music music gear I've paid for myself, or traded up to, probably mostly trades now that I think about it.

I feel ya, my main gigging cabs are tolexed, but I'd wager a beat stained wood cab from touring would look alot more pleasing than a beat to hell tolex cab. Plus all you'd need to do to fix is is sand and seal again. With beat tolex its alot more work to strip it then recut new tolex and glue it back on

>And trust me all my music music gear I've paid for myself
Not really an accomplishment when you still live at home with your parents in your 20s.

Hey, its not bad to have a roof over your head and you'll save a shit ton of money (unless you're like me and you blow it on gear all the time)

There is it.

Pic related, it's you.

This guy wants supreme recognition for the most basic rites of passage.

If it allows me to get my dream bass rig I'll stoop to that level