I'm a bored Level 1 and 2 tech support from America, working the graveyard shift AMA

I'm a bored Level 1 and 2 tech support from America, working the graveyard shift AMA

bump?

Favorite customer experience?

Worst customer experience?

Favorite soda?
>Level 1 and 2
I don't into Sup Forums

>favorite
They called in saying 'thank you' got to ticket that in as 'User called in to say 'thanks'' It was put a smile on my face
>worst
Since i'm Level 1 on a certain project, I create a ticket telling what the issue is and someone else in Italy fixes it.
This Indian dude wasn't understanding that and called me 6 times per day for two weeks, each one minimum of 30 minute calls of him screaming at me in shitskin language each time

No i;m not allowed to hang up the phone

Level 1 is password resets and ticket creation

Level 2 is like interface restarts and things involving Citrix sessions, Virtual machines etc.

Coke

interesting, sucks you had to put up with that though

Any generalizations you can make about certain callers from certain cities/states/countries etc?

India sucks, and fucking hate them
China also sucks, but if you push back a little they'll suck it
Japan is cool if you can understand them
Europe is okay
Canada is a godsend
California is trap central also fucking retarded
every one in New Orleans has a Nigger name and are too lazy to understand how their own systems work, had to read the manual (that's on the internal website for them) out loud once for them to be able to do their job and no, she was not new there

y'all niggas hiring?

we might be, but I doubt it, a ton of people are getting fired, and we're signing on new campaigns/projects telling them we have more staff than is actually available

So not sure if we're gonna last anyways haha

Go Canada! They raise people right there.

if you reset passwords are there any super funny or obvious username and passwords people use?

Also pros/cons of working graveyard?

They're just nice and understanding to what's going on, hell they apologize to me when they have issues.
Funny passwords?

Password1
P@$$w0rd1
Password
@BC123
birthdays
[Lastname]1234
[companyname]1

Pro, i'm at home right now playing Final Fantasy 4 Right now, on Sup Forums
Cons, I only see my co-workers twice month for actual work purposes.
It also takes a toll on social life, if my friends want to hang out at 2pm-5pm i'm usually starting my day at around 4pm and only get to hang out with them for an hour if that.

lolol the company name one is hilarious

I see, cool that you can chill but the cons dont sound fun

Any plans for the future?

double edged sword for sure

hopefully I get to stay with the company or move on to find better ones,
I'm about to propose to my girlfriend so hopefully get married and maybe someday finish college.
it's hard to go to school sleep and work with it being overnight.
what about you? you're pretty much the only poster here, what about you man

oh snap good luck with the proposal! how long you two been together?
and that grind sounds really tough. The future will stay bright for you though if you keep at it.

i got a part time job at a small business that sells IT equipment (phone systems, wifi, cabling etc) to other businesses

I had to take a couple years off college due to some health issues, but im on the track to return in the fall. i got 1.5 years left of credits to finish. so i feel you on the finishing college challenge.

since you can't hang up what's your best way to get a problem call finished? I'm sometimes on one of those calls and it's not fun at all

also FF4 is a solid choice

Just ride it out, it sucks but just keep telling them the generic 'I'm doing all that I can, 'I've already done all I can, we just gotta wait. I'll put it in at priority 1' etc. etc. repeat until they shut up
thanks, I know she's going to say yes, but that doesn't make me any less nervous.
Just over a year, it was a fast one for sure, but everything fell into place. we moved in together like month 4?

1.5 years isn't too bad, you'll cover that ground in no time

>ff4 is a solid choice
>mfw

Good to hear you know she's gonna say yes. It should only be a matter how you'll ask not if you'll ask. Happy to hear everything is going well bro.

And thanks, i feel like i just gotta get a degree and a lot more door will open up, you know? Also I'll use that phone strategy more next time.

So how are you gonna surprise your girl for the proposal??

taking her to Brazil for vacation this weekend for 10 days, thinking somewhere then

Any piece of paper will open doors, I got lucky with this job and a lot of doors opened for me because half the jobs that are equivalent to mine require a degree of some kind, now it's either degree or two years experience.

yup, that's true. just gotta keep eyes forward and not worry too much about the day to day

And brazil sounds amazing! Which cities? That's a great place to propose. Props.

Played anything else on the clock besides FF4?

daily grind isn't too bad, just makes you feel like an NPC irl

Recife mostly, got some family living there and it's her first time out of the country

League of legends Overwatch, every FF game from 1-7
Most classicvania's, Sanic Mario, stuff mostly

FF7 is a good place to end. Lots of good choices overall.

Nice nice, you brazilian then? I got family in Colombia and we're still about losing to you guys in the quaterfinal of the World Cup lol

but anyway, i'm going to bed soon. Thanks for the chat, user. You're a friendly guy and I wish you and your soon to be fiancee the best!

Checked, and yeah partial [br] and I feel ya haha
thanks for the chat it's refreshing to get to talk to someone that's real and not just "i have an issue"

thanks man, hope you have a good one