Okay Sup Forums I need some insight. Have any of you ever run across this program? It's called Chromium

Okay Sup Forums I need some insight. Have any of you ever run across this program? It's called Chromium.

Some fucking how it downloaded itself onto my computer maybe a month ago, and now nothing I can do will uninstall this fucker, I've tried all I can think of.

>uninstall programs control panel
>express uninstaller doesn't fucking locate it, so can't use that
>using regedit to find all locations and delete them doesn't work because I hit a wall where the last file will tell me "cannot perform function at this time"

It's really fucking annoying, and I don't know how bad it's gonna get.
So far all it does is change my default search engine to Firefox to Yahoo and will kick off my Microsoft Edge icon in favor to I.E.
But I don't know if it has the potential to do more damage.

Someone tell me how to purge this fucker, please?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bC5wtwpyc58
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

make sure you're on admin user. download unlocker.. should be option to remove as administrator.

>2017
>still flailing about with no control of your computer

Malwarebytes > Analyse > Clean

Alright I will try this, thanks

Ayyyyy lmao

What is your OS?

Windows 10

He said Microsoft Edge, so I assume Windows 98

When I was a linuxfag I used Chromium for a while.
You're issue doesn't make sense. Have fun

Agreed.
Firefox > Chromium > Chrome > anything else

I've never even heard of this until it kept installing itself in my computer and changing shit.
I ONLY use Firefox, no Chrome, no Chromium.

I don't even have Linux.

Chromium fucked up my shit up also. It would crash my system multiple times a day. Finally decided to check my logs and it was full for Chromium errors.

shit dude chromium is a RAT
if this is a laptop you need to put some tape over your webcam now, some faggot has been watching you

You can't be serious.

Firefox is bloated dogshit

You think he's joking.

try to get your hands on IObit uninstaller. I use it myself. Good software specifically for malware scans and removal.

And so you're recommending an alternative as... Chrome?

Regardless of whether you use Firefox, it's the only thing keeping back Google's near-monopoly on the browser market, and Mozilla's privacy and security activism helps everyone.

I don't... I can't.... You're fucking retarded.

I think legit Chromium is an open-source build of Google's Chrome browser. If that's what you have, you ought to be able to uninstall it like any other program (be administrator, then go to whatever Add/Remove Programs is called this week).

However, that doesn't mean that someone can't build a piece of malware and call it Chromium. I would go with what the other user said, try Malwarebytes to see if it can figure out what it is and how to get rid of it.

I would hope so lol

Thanks for the constructive advice. I'll try that too.

I think the chromium files are in your appdata folders instead of program files. Try looking there

I had to delete them with regedit to do that, but yeah, good suggestion.

>this so hard

I'm doing this as we speak, trust me lol

Use a rescue disk. Hirens boot disk, eset rescue disk, etc. Or use kasperskys tsdd killer.

Also, u must download these tools from clean computer aka library or a friend.

One thing forsure is the chromium is a remote trojan. Ur fucked. If ur BIOS got flashed, forget it ur done just throw ur shit away.

>If ur BIOS got flashed

I'm a pleb, what does this mean

just dont post if you have no idea what you're talking about

I cant fucking stand true key and macafee tbh. Idk why j never get around to uninstalling them

Just dont reply if u cant understand what im talking about

Wouldn't hurt to run something like Sophos Virus Removal Tool, too. It managed to catch some really suspect stuff Malwarebytes wasn't able to on a PC I messed with recently for someone.

Basic input output system aka firmware

I cant understand you because you're spewing bullshit
>bios got flashed
>remote trojan
Literally indian tech support level, remove yourself.

I'm using MWB trial, will it work regardless? Or should I like torrent it or something to get the full version.

I've never really used these programs before.

At this point, I'd advise against torrenting. Just stick with the trial version for now, it'll do more of the same that the full version does at the very least. SVRT is free, too.

Boot into safe mode if youre in Windows, delete via command prompt.

Lmfao i hope ur kidding. Or ur just that fucking stupid

Running a second tool is good if you've still got that sketchy vibe after the first one has finished.

I haven't yet had to unfuck a Windows machine newer than 7, so I don't know what's good/popular other than Malwarebytes.

just
>save your shit
>wipe hdd
>reinstall
there, should take maybe an hour max and fixes your problems.

Geez, thanks for the reply, this helps a lot, I think I'll do that once MWB finishes scanning.

I don't think I'm nearly smart enough to do that without fucking something up.
It probably isn't hard, maybe I'm just stupid lol

See? You cant even type proper english.

Good stuff indian friend, but your scams dont work here.

just look it up dude, theres literally thousands of tutorials on doing that.

>Use powershell or command prompt as root or administrator and delete that shit you faggot bitch

My bad. I didn't realize I was applying for a University.

keel urself madafaka

You do know that you dont need cmd to delete stuff right?
>muh hacking skills

I actually will consider this if malwarebytes doesn't work. But thanks, I didn't even think about that. YouTube does exist lol

Okay, now how would I go about doing that?
Willing to hear anyone out.

and you're changing subject, looks like you've lost this one my caramel friend.

Chromium comes with a few malwares lately so you installed some shit and this came along. Use malwarebytes to take off the malware/malwares altough it won't pickup chromium for some fucking reason. Use revo uninstaller to take it out. If you can't figure it out or it doesn't work just reset your computer

>Inb4 how do I reset it

just google it.

>boot into safe mode so applications arent being used

>use command prompt to delete the files, after you dig around the directory tree and find the right ones.

>If youre unsure of a file, google it. You have a smartphone, hopefully.

Yea download it on ur infected computer. U have to go to library or friends house and download it on a clean computer to ur usb THEN install it to ur computer u fucking stupid piece of shit

Open the command console program line and type "undownload chromium"
Worked for me

Boot into safe mode and delete it's files

>caramel friend

10/10 do this all the time

shut the fuck up indian tech support.

Lol thx for the laughs kiddo. Work on that GED i recommend it

youtube.com/watch?v=bC5wtwpyc58

ive had this before, its like fucking cancer it just comes back. i found that formatting my pc worked, you could always try that

>save infected files
>replant files onto clean build

>Not using waterfox

oh sweet child of summer

Thanks!
I'll try that thanks man
At least your giving me some advice maybe I am stupid lol

get a program called 'your uninstaller' that shit works good for windows

>kiddo
You're probably the kid at school that made the cmd text green and entered tree

If needing help is summer then fuck it

If you end up going through all the tutorials and follow some of the advice here, and you still feel like your HDD is for naught (assuming it's on your HDD), you can always look into how to use DBAN. I mean, it's a last, extreme resort assuming something like a trojan or rootkit or what not. And, because making backups of files that might carry the suspected culprit/s could be a bad idea, and you might not know what to look for right now with regards to what's messing with your PC, it's definitely a last resort.

If you go down that route, make backups, but be careful about what you try to backup.

OP here, computer is restarting and my mobile browser is ass, so I'll reply if it looks like Malwarebytes doesn't work. If not, guess it's safe to assume you helped a lot.

So thanks just in advance.

as if some shitty maleware would infect any images etc.

Actually a good song

Just go to bleepingcomputer dot com

Dont rely on these redneck fucking faggots >:/

Alright OP here.
Got kinda worried because after my laptop restarted it did some updates, screen went black for a sec upon booting up my desktop, but I took a look around and it looks like Chromium is gone for now.

Really appreciate the advice ya'll gave, so thanks. You'll probably be hearing back from me if it ever arises again, but I'm gonna dwnld something else to see if it really is gone.

I guess till next time, consider this thread dead.