youtube.com/watch?v=PptVzNRJex0
youtube.com/watch?v=sF5cpxyJqhw
youtube.com/watch?v=b_sOD1cMT5g
youtube.com/watch?v=zIV4poUZAQo
youtube.com/watch?v=-yUafzOXHPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>uk humour

fuck off i hate this shit

UK for sure, even Canadian comedies are better than that laughtrack shit they make in the US

My favourite comedy from the UK is Keeping Up Appearances and my favourite Canadian one is obviously Trailer Park Boys

Neither. UK is the only acceptable candidate, but you still use fucking laugh tracks on everything like retarded morons.

The office is shit no matter what country makes it.

canada

bbc.com/culture/story/20161011-why-are-canadians-so-funny

Which is better?

>/r/UnitedKingdom vs /r/UnitedStates

office US is 100x better because of Pam.

All sitcoms are shit

Some of the best British comedy shows in my humble opinion...

Red Dwarf
Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
I'm Alan Partridge
Till Death Us Do Part
Drop The Dead Donkey
Steptoe and Son
Father Ted
Rab C. Nesbitt
The League of Gentlemen
One Foot in the Grave
Dad's Army
Porridge
Bottom
Desmond's
The Young Ones
The Vicar of Dibley
Spaced
The Thick of It
Yes Minister
The Office
Rising Damp
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Men Behaving Badly
Phoenix Nights
Black Books
The Fast Show
Peep Show
Green Wing
PhoneShop

In no particular order?
youtube.com/watch?v=Jvr6X054xLY

In no real order. Red Dwarf and OFAH are my two personal favourites though.

Aint no particular way sign I'm more compatible with

I just want your extra time and your
pwa pwa pwa
kiss

>Watches filthy frank

I don't know what that is mate

The Office is a standout example. The US version was funnier to me, but this is more a question of subjective matters; there's no right answer.

I absolutely hate it when the American market tries to port over British shows, though. All they see is how popular it is overseas, so they try to inject it into the states, usually without taking into account that the humor is noticeably different between the two countries. However, when they do take it into account, they fuck it up by forcefully adding "Americanized" humor, which then in turn makes the show lose the essence that made it popular in the first place. Most of the time, those shows fail, with the exception of The Office.

I'm enjoying the British panel shows a lot, though. Would I Lie to You? is exceptionally good. Anyone here have suggestions for panel shows?

Big Fat Quiz of the Year

Americans do love to remake British shows, or at least try to on occasion.

Ali G in the US isn't a remake, it's just in a different country.

American version is much better t.b.h.
English stopped being funny when Rowan Atkinson finished Blackadder and started with Mister Bean.
Modern English humor is made by cringy cucks like Simon Pegg.

>Bad education
>an american education

Don't forget The Inbetweeners.

It's on that list m8.

It was so fucking shit oml

>Don't forget The Inbetweeners.
Was hoping you would

Oh. In my defense, I wouldn't have overlooked it if the fuckers who maintained that list didn't make it look like it was alphabetically ordered but then shoved some random T entries between I and J.

Wait a sec. "The" doesn't count as part of the title? That's some fucking bullshit right there.

American humor is so fucking shit
>Did you know that there is actually a town named hamburg, like hamburger XD
>I bet its full of hamburgers XDD
>"laugh track"
>Bozoinga!

Dutch: humor

Japanese humour trumps both by far IMO:

youtube.com/watch?v=PptVzNRJex0

You dutch bastard.

Fuck off frog wannabe.

Why would we wanna be like the french? They eat random shit they find in the garden and pretend like it's sophisticated; filthy buggers the lot 'em.

Because you have humour.

youtube.com/watch?v=sF5cpxyJqhw

We want to be like the french because we have humour? I'm just gonna assume you're retarded, k?

I like both
Although brits have monty python which is pretty much an automatic win

Most American humor and British humor are shit tier.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The Thick of It are pretty god tier though.

American office is cancer tbg

HAHAHAHAHA RACE-RELATED RISQUE JOKES HAHAHAHAHAHA

Non americans, if you are an american don't fucking reply to this post:
Please r8 the following shows if you are familiar with them:
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Curb Your Enthusiasm
US Office
Arrested Development

The Jews are the undisputed masters of comedy

youtube.com/watch?v=b_sOD1cMT5g

It's always sunny? Seinfeld? Curb your enthusiasm? Frasier? I mean is the UK even trying?

Original office is kino

Always sunny & curb 10/10

Office and arrested development 7/10

What did I say, asshole?

QI is like the gold standard of panel shows in my opinion, but stuff like Eight out of Ten Cats are pretty solid.

UK humour for sho.

youtube.com/watch?v=zIV4poUZAQo

American humour can be essentially packed into one word and you can judge it by yourself from there

>BAZINGA!

>American
>humor

>It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Watch a few minutes on YouTube. 1/10 awful

>US Office
1/10

A lot of that list hardly qualifies, same showrunners but with different producers/locale

bitch I DONT GIVE A FUCK

>Humor
Heroic clowns doing comedy in a fantasy land. The punchlines can be seen miles away.
>Humour
Can be either subtle and relatable like Office or absurdist like Monty Python

I generally enjoy British comedies, but I prefer the US version of The Office. Gervais's brand of awkward tension comedy does nothing for me.

>Watch a few minutes on YouTube. 1/10 awful
I'm not gonna sit here and try to convince you but just out of curiosity I googled the show title and watched the first YouTube clips that popped up and naturally it's all of the wackiest bazooper punchline moments taken out of all of the context that actually made them funny. I'm curious how the actual humor does translate so I'd encourage you to give a full episode a shot if you give a shit.

bruv i rate the first two haven't seen the other two 2bh

T'bh I wouldn't watch it for the first few seasons because the ads made it look really tryhard. It really is a great show, minus a couple of less-than-stellar middle seasons.

"The" and "A" never count as part of the title when sorting unless you have some shitty media player or something that orders songs and doesn't take this rule into account.

state of you

Have only seen Curb Your Enthusiasm to any real degree, and I love it. Though Britain loves cringe comedy.

Really don't like how US shows always have a formula they must stick to. I watched all but Arrested Development and in those shows first two seasons were great, but then you keep watching it and it's same plot, same comedic prefaces, same punch lines for 6 more seasons. Fuck off.

>Absolutely Fabulous
>Roseanne
Nigger what?

Humor is winning in the Podcast arena

>Really don't like how US shows always have a formula they must stick to

They often have to appease advertisers and run shows into the ground. The Office USA has 201 episodes. Two-hundred and one episodes...

You having trouble reading or something? Not sure what you're on about.

The first 10 or so years of the Simpsons and King of the Hill are the funniest shows ever desu senpai

I enjoyed sunny(seasons 1 to 6) and US office, dropped the other 2 after a few episodes

Don't say that term unless you're african american.

UK humour > US humour, but UK's The Office < US's The Office

Don't like at all, just unfunny shouting and I have watched 10 episodes waiting to "get it"
>Curb Your Enthusiasm
Great, Larry David is a legend
>US Office
Good easy watching tv, not a big fan but whatever
>Arrested Development
Amazing show (inb4 reddit)

It's great.
>Curb Your Enthusiasm
I don't know this one.
>US Office
It's alright, definitely better than the original, but went to shit after Michael's departure.
>Arrested Development
I know it only from reaction images. Didn't watch it yet, but it looks promising.

>Always Sunny
Funny
>Curb Your Enthusiasm
Also funny
>US Office
I didn't find it funny
>Arrested Development
The few episodes I've seen were funny

>just unfunny shouting
But it's not. Dialogues and plots in It's Always Sunny are objectively top tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=-yUafzOXHPE