Lately I've been bumping this album and Fantastic Planet by Failure pretty much nonstop...

Lately I've been bumping this album and Fantastic Planet by Failure pretty much nonstop. They both seem to occupy this wierd middle ground between 90s alt rock, shoegaze and metal. It's almost as if it's a seperate genre.

I need more music like this. It perfectly captures the headspace I'm in right now (well except the heroin part fortunately)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=onhva8_8q-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>90s alt rock, shoegaze and metal
love that shit

Siamese Dream
Mezcal Head

This one is very explicitly influenced by Hum IIRC.

I can't into the first half of this.

Downward is Heavenward is one of my favorite albums of all time.

this thread's been going on for like two years. Holy fuck bud

So is White Pony by Deftones.

Friend, you like space rock (the more modern kind). You need some Duster in your life.

youtube.com/watch?v=onhva8_8q-I

You're going to love this.

Shiner
Honcho Overload
Year of the Rabbit
Love Cup

Just look into the Champaign-Urbana scene.

All great bands itt but i never really associated metal with hum. the guitars sounded more post-hardcore to me than metal. its not really quite the same thing but i just started getting into Granddaddy and thats been pretty great so far

Came here to post this. Their first album is great too, but definitely less heavy

did you ever get into bands like we vs. the shark or o pioneers?

>Mezcal Head
Fucking this. Raise is also great.

Listening to it. I am REALLY FUCKING IMPRESSED! I had been looking for something to match my feelings for days! Thank you!
This album is superb; one of my all time favourites. All of their discography, really.

seconding white pony, it takes a lot of influence from you'd prefer an astronaut. even the cover art

>striped horse

I thought I was the only person on the planet that remembered this album.

it was a meme on here during the buttrock meme days. people used to constantly make threads "whats with the striped horse" or something like that

One of my favorite albums ever.
>All of their discography
Pretty much. Be sure to listen to all of the unreleased stuff, there's tons of it. Nothing compares to Stratosphere, but it's worth a listen.

This new Hundredth album is pretty much exactly the sound you described. They even said they were inspired by Catherine Wheel and Swervedriver while making it

What the actual fuck, that's not the image I put lmao I have no clue what happened there. I put the cover to Hundredth's new album Rare and it changed to that somehow