Post Your Top 10

Post 10, get rec

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Music/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

listen to some other spiritualized albums if you haven't already, there's some great stuff. also blur - blur.

kinda reddit innit

What's the middle album on the bottom row?

laurel halo - quarentine

thanks dude

Yuck - Glow and Behold
Real Estate - Days
Klaus Schulze - X

Haven't updated in a month. Would add:

Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Pt 1

+Loveless, OKC, LAGWAFIS

+Doolittle

+The Stars, The Modern Dance, Tragedy
Pretty nice

+ITAOTS, Ys

can u guys stop posting mucore

This is my new top 10

no

>stop posting Sup Forumscore
>on Sup Forums

>stop posting mucore
>on mu

r8

+Vampire Weekend, NMH, Arcade Fire

+Daniel Johnston

+NMH, the Shins, Arctic Monkeys (even though they've been memed to death I feel)

I approve of Porcupine Tree and Mars Volta

the whole point of mucore is everyone on mu has seen it before

mu is the worst place to post mucore

I need to branch out from prog

Stop listening to weezer
keep listening to the Wedding Present

If you guys want to circlejerk Sup Forumscore, try this website instead:
reddit.com/r/Music/

>I need to branch out from Sup Forumscore
ftfy

Fuck you Weezer is fine.
OCEAN MAN, TAKE ME BY THE HAND LEAD ME TO THE LAND.

pls rec

kek, if you want to circlejerk Sup Forumscore leave Sup Forums?
Do you have any idea where the fuck you are buddy?

>being proud of generic, entry-level taste

Fortunately I don't have very many Sup Forumscore albums on my top 10. That being said, lots of Sup Forumscore is legitimately good and you are being a faggot in trying to disregard it just for being well known. And still, this is Sup Forums you fucking retard. There is no fucking way for you to get rid of people posting entry level well-known albums so stop being a whiny little bitch about it and move on. Fucking sook.

>Fortunately I don't have very many Sup Forumscore albums on my top 10.
that's what they all say before posting a chart with generic trite like radiohead, weezer, the list goes on
>That being said, lots of Sup Forumscore is legitimately good and you are being a faggot in trying to disregard it just for being well known.
you haven't listened to much music have you?
>There is no fucking way for you to get rid of people posting entry level well-known albums so stop being a whiny little bitch about it and move on.
the best way to improve board quality is by being more abrasive towards plebs like you

Anything posted on Sup Forums is Sup Forumscore by definition
Also, this thread is about people's favourite albums, not underrated gems

yes, but this is a favourite album thread you hipster pleb

if your favorite albums are mucore you dont need to post

>it's a pretentious avant-teen shits up the thread episode
Go jerk off to your obscure music on RYM

Why do you think albums become mucore in the first place you retarded nigger

>Anything posted on Sup Forums is Sup Forumscore by definition
Sup Forumscore consists of albums from the Sup Forumsessentials chart as well as some of the ones that are discussed regularly (i.e. frank ocean-blonde). all that discussing Sup Forumscore this frequently does is encourage people to have diluted, entry-level taste
>Also, this thread is about people's favourite albums, not underrated gems
if your taste is that shallow you shouldn't be allowed to post

classic immature Sup Forumscore circlejerker

Lmao what a pathetic spacial snowflake faggot

>if your taste is that shallow you shouldn't be allowed to post

wew lads, we've got a true patrician here

Shitting up a perfectly good thread here dude, why not post some recs rather than shit on everyone else?

Oh wait, that's right, that takes more work than "you guys are fuckin plebs"

Couldnt decide on 10, so heres 12
I like everything here
And here
And here

>That being said, lots of Sup Forumscore is legitimately good
Not really.

Doing charts on mobile is difficult.

Different user but in my experiences pitchfork-core and Sup Forumscore are mostly very good. It's not the be all end all of music but it's an excellent place to begin

except none of the charts posted in the thread so far indicate any degree of branching out

Sup Forums culture is bound by the simultaneous and directly-opposed goals of listening to the "best music" to fit in and of masquerading a taste that is somehow unique - as though "unique taste" were possible, let alone desirable.

Evidence of this can be found in how observable popular opinion mirrors p4k's verdicts uncannily, yet no poster will be caught dead admitting to reading the (or any other review source).

The cognitive dissonance generated by this facade leads to Sup Forums's collective bursts of quixotic outrage at anyone's taste which is deemed to be aligned too closely with "Sup Forums's taste" (read: any music ever mentioned on Sup Forums in any context). It is the only way to put down a band or album without criticizing it musically, and to separate one's own "taste" from one's perceived peers without subjecting it to risk by actually stating preferred music (which, being music at least one Sup Forumstant enjoys, is by definition also "Sup Forumscore").

The old joke is that the Sup Forumstant's mentality is "stop liking what I don't like", but if this were ever true it is now outdated. It is in fact more akin to "stop liking what I like, because if too many other people like it my social capital depreciates". It's really pathetic.

First of all, you have no way of knowing how much music these people have heard and listen to regularly. If they're new to music, then good on them, and if they aren't, well, people can have favorites for a variety of reasons and there's no wrong reason. In either instance you're being snobby and pointlessly so.

why are Sup Forumscore posters so mad though

this but unironically

>pitchfork-core and Sup Forumscore are mostly very good
That's not true.
You haven't got much experience if you're saying that.

I have listened to almost 3000 albums and my favorite albums are still some of the most popular ones

Go fuck yourself, the albums I posted mean something to me because I the times when I found those specific ones meant a lot to me and have those musical tastes wrapped up in them, that doesn't mean that I don't branch out at all.

I hope I never meet someone as pretentiously snobby like you in real life, because you would be fucking INSUFFERABLE to listen to.

>i do not know what opinions are

>You haven't got much experience if you're saying that.
I've been on this board for 10 years and have heard countless charts by now. Is that enough experience for you ?

that statement goes both ways
10 years of listening to the same Sup Forumsessentials albums? fantastic use of your time!

Post your own top 10s
Bonus points if you use musical language to explain why you think the albums you chose stand out above others in the same genres

New TV Girl album is better tho

Being on this shit board for a long time ≠ having much experience. In fact it's just pathetic to visit this board for that long.

>that statement goes both ways
sure, but you were putting forth that mindset

>10 years of listening to the same Sup Forumsessentials albums? fantastic use of your time!
I'd like to refer to my earlier post
> you have no way of knowing how much music these people have heard and listen to regularly
Stop assuming to know how much music someone is listening to. In 10 years you have a lot of time to listen to music from Sup Forums and everywhere else. As for your last comment, if you don't think listening to music is a good use of your time, why the fuck are you even on this board? Maybe reddit would be more up to your speed

You prefer who really cares? I have probably listened to it more, but I felt that there were some weaker tracks. French Exit seemed more consistently good. Both are pretty brilliant.

maybe Red House Painters, but they seem too sad for your taste (which isnt a bad thing at all)
hmm, maybe some ornette coleman?
Check out Jackson C Frank
very nice, check out Robert Wyatt or Soft Machine
Duane Pitre- Feel Free
Sweet Trip if you havent, maybe XTC
Very nice, love rock bottom, no recommendations I can think of right now, maybe Janelle Monae
Nothing to recommend but I just wanna say I like your picks
Ill have to check some of that out
same
Cool, some of it isnt my thing but I really like White Stripes, Mars Volta and Frank Zappa
Glad Im not the only one that listens to the B-52s
Ill be honest Ive never heard any of those albums all the way through, but I have heard some of those artists before
Really love Government Plates

Have any of you dumbasses ever realized people post these albums because they like them and not because its Sup Forums approved? I love some underrated albums by Sup Forumscore bands/artists (Yeezus, Painting With, etc.) Love some p4kcore (English Settlement, TVU) scarufficore (Rock Bottom, The Doors), and Sup Forumscore (Loveless, SFTB) as well as albums that never get posted here (Firework, Classics Of Love, Everclear, etc.). People just like things because they like them, why cant you understand that?

>yeezus
>underrated
um

most fans hate it even if p4k likes it, I mean

This is true. Only on Sup Forums have I ever heard good things about it. I know it goes rave reviews but I mean talking to actual people, not critics.

Ever listened to Todd Rundgren? Might like him

Have you dumbass ever realized people like these albums because its Sup Forums approved or by a Sup Forums approved artists? Most of them aren't even good. It's just easy to cope someone's taste (in this case it's a "taste" of a hive) that's been made by Sup Forumss tastemakers. Sup Forums in general is one of the most lowbrow boards, even considering some shit like Sup Forums, that's why being a Sup Forums drone (which also means being a direct/indirect p4k, fantano, scaruffi drone) is pathetic.

thats subjective though

I bet your favorite album list purposefully avoids Sup Forumscore because you're a tryhard.

You're so cynical. Are you 16? Is it so hard to believe that these people genuinely like these things? You're a miserable shit, read your post with a neutral perspective.

It's even more pathetic to not see how pathetic it is.
No, it has a few Sup Forumscore albums.

>still no response to

Albums become Sup Forums approved because they're seen as GOOD, an album cant be insanely important or masterful or influential if the only way you can hear it is by buying a cassette off a korean website that hasnt been updated since 2003, just because its obscure doesnt mean its good and its on YOU that you dislike Sup Forumscore, not on anyone else

Hint: he's not going to do so, because he's a) a pretentious prick and knows he'll get called the fuck out, or b) doesn't actually have an argument and is just looking to start a flame war.

>still not realizing most of those albums are too unknown to let this shit board know about them

lemme guess your top 10 has Pure Comedy on it doesnt it

what an edgy retard teen

>Albums become Sup Forums approved because they're seen as GOOD
which means nothing considering that it's one of the most ignorant boards
Sup Forums is shit, but it's not a youtube comment section
>doesn't actually have an argument
huh? see

>doesn't actually have his own chart to post

>having a chart

>still too afraid to post his own chart

>ignorant
in what way

Make one then? Or just type it out. It's only ten albums.

>calling people out in a chart thread
>doesn't have a chart

you can post a chart any time now bud

also it's a common knowledge that most of Sup Forums are either redditors or underages or both
that's why bands like radiohead and death grips are considered good
also see below
>cant even read well

>17, day away from birthday
>next day
>instant patrician taste

>n-no i totally have great taste guys i just can't post it because i don't want to share it because i can't share my super obscure music with you dumb plebs
You realise you have to be 18 to post here?

>a post implies that Sup Forumsdrones are underages
>N-N-NO YOU ARE UNDERAGE
made me giggle

c h a r t

Because the mindset I described in is extremely immature and exactly the sort of behaviour I'd expect from an underage poster? Not sure what else you're implying by this post.

>says dumb shit
>"hey that's some pretty dumb shit"
>"UR JUST DRONES AND UNDERAGED!"
ok

I realize many of these are entry-level obvious choices but I'm being honest.

>it's immature to not share my favorite things with people I dislike

No one who's actually interested in music cares about your choices being "entry-level" or "obvious", just people who are obsessed with "taste".

watch out! that one guy's gonna jump you any second now!

Of course. If you weren't so immature you wouldn't care who else liked the music you like.

>Have you dumbass ever realized
>easy to cope someone's

how's your summer remedial english program going?

Oh, I'm a firm believer in taste but I'm never going to post a Nothing record instead of MBV just to prove a point, ya know?